Joe strummer singing over canon in D?

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
tomsizer86
Corner Soul

Joe strummer singing over canon in D?

Post by tomsizer86 »

Just woke up from a dream and have been madly searching the internet for a clash song that had Johan pachelbel's canon in D cord progression.

I heard Joe strummer singing something like
"You can't take it anywayyyyyyaa
And you can't take it anyyyywayyayy"
While something like "live forever, live forever ( i don't want to live forever?) Live forever" is repeated

Did I just make this up or does that sound like any old clash or Joe strummer song you've heard before??
I'd really like to hear it again 😅

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: Joe strummer singing over canon in D?

Post by Low Down Low »

tomsizer86 wrote:
19 Aug 2017, 9:04am
Just woke up from a dream and have been madly searching the internet for a clash song that had Johan pachelbel's canon in D cord progression.

I heard Joe strummer singing something like
"You can't take it anywayyyyyyaa
And you can't take it anyyyywayyayy"
While something like "live forever, live forever ( i don't want to live forever?) Live forever" is repeated

Did I just make this up or does that sound like any old clash or Joe strummer song you've heard before??
I'd really like to hear it again 😅
Nice dream but think that's all it is. Joe was no classical music buff, am sure he is on record as stating it held little appeal for him, and I'd be astonished if he'd wanted anything to do with Pachelbel's canon. The sheer ubiquity of that piece of music is enough to put anyone off.

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Re: Joe strummer singing over canon in D?

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Nice dream but think that's all it is. Joe was no classical music buff, am sure he is on record as stating it held little appeal for him, and I'd be astonished if he'd wanted anything to do with Pachelbel's canon.
Especially after his three-month stint at the Royal Opera House, I'd imagine! As Redemption Song details.

The sheer ubiquity of that piece of music is enough to put anyone off.

Not the Farm, though -- who heisted it for All Together Now!