Joe's teeth

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
vacuumcleaner
Corner Soul

Joe's teeth

Post by vacuumcleaner » 30 Jul 2017, 5:03pm

Joe had terrible teeth back in 1977. Did he get the upper right tooth replaced?

They mentioned in Redemption Song there was a long period when they couldn't play because of Joe's dental work. Maybe he got dentures. Or a bridge?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Joe's teeth

Post by Silent Majority » 30 Jul 2017, 5:04pm

vacuumcleaner wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 5:03pm

They mentioned in Redemption Song there was a long period when they couldn't play because of Joe's dental work. Maybe he got dentures. Or a bridge?
I believe he produced an album for a Spanish band who paid him by getting some plastic teeth fitted.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston » 30 Jul 2017, 9:29pm

Silent Majority wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 5:04pm
vacuumcleaner wrote:

I believe he produced an album for a Spanish band who paid him by getting some plastic teeth fitted.
Nah, it was an English band, the Little Roosters. My band played on the same bill as the singer's (Gary Lammin) latest band last month and I asked him about it. He said they were implants and it was quite expensive.
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog » 31 Jul 2017, 1:35am

Silent Majority wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 5:04pm
vacuumcleaner wrote:

Contrary to Heston, I heard it was a Spanish band as well. Drawing a blank on th band name. Definitively between LC and S!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog » 31 Jul 2017, 1:41am

Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

WestwayKid
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by WestwayKid » 26 Oct 2017, 10:28am

Salewicz said it was the Little Roosters in Redemption Song. He did not get involved with the Spanish band - called 091 - until late 1984.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 28 Oct 2017, 9:05pm

WestwayKid wrote:
26 Oct 2017, 10:28am
Salewicz said it was the Little Roosters in Redemption Song. He did not get involved with the Spanish band - called 091 - until late 1984.
This is correct.