Joe Strummer Family Tree

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
Post Reply
Dunster
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 79
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:06pm
Location: Garageland

Joe Strummer Family Tree

Post by Dunster » 10 Jun 2017, 7:13pm

Here is a small Joe Strummer family tree. I was doing some genealogy work and whipped it up quickly some time ago.

http://imgur.com/a/GNoVd

Image

threecoffins
User avatar
Sasquatch Determinator
Posts: 1732
Joined: 18 Jun 2008, 10:33am
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Joe Strummer Family Tree

Post by threecoffins » 10 Jun 2017, 7:30pm

Cool. I've been doing some on my tree lately as well.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14817
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Joe Strummer Family Tree

Post by 101Walterton » 10 Jun 2017, 10:02pm

I like those group family trees that were published a few years back. I think they made a TV series based on them.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35395
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Joe Strummer Family Tree

Post by Marky Dread » 11 Jun 2017, 5:30pm

101Walterton wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 10:02pm
I like those group family trees that were published a few years back. I think they made a TV series based on them.
I always liked the Pete Frame ones.
Image
Image

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19915
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Joe Strummer Family Tree

Post by matedog » 11 Jun 2017, 9:18pm

As my mom is into genealogy, this is my best chance at getting her interested in the Clash.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14817
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Joe Strummer Family Tree

Post by 101Walterton » 12 Jun 2017, 3:10pm

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 5:30pm
101Walterton wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 10:02pm
I like those group family trees that were published a few years back. I think they made a TV series based on them.
I always liked the Pete Frame ones.
Yes that the ones. There were books and TV shows.
There was a Clash one and one that centred around London SS although they could have been the same one with the Pistols. The Madchester one was interesting too.

laxman
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1424
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Joe Strummer Family Tree

Post by laxman » 12 Jun 2017, 6:33pm

101Walterton wrote:
12 Jun 2017, 3:10pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Jun 2017, 5:30pm
101Walterton wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 10:02pm
I like those group family trees that were published a few years back. I think they made a TV series based on them.
I always liked the Pete Frame ones.
Yes that the ones. There were books and TV shows.
There was a Clash one and one that centred around London SS although they could have been the same one with the Pistols. The Madchester one was interesting too.

I think I have a scan of the Clash one. I'll have a look for it.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15383
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Joe Strummer Family Tree

Post by JennyB » 13 Jun 2017, 10:36am

I think I mentioned this about 10 or so years ago when Chris Salewicz's book came out, but Joe had a great or great great grandmother who was a Jewish woman from Germany with the last name of Daniel. My maternal grandfather was a Jew from Germany with the last name of Daniel. So we are probably totally related. :fuck:

Also, I do recall someone making fun of me. You know who you are.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1346
Joined: 07 Jul 2008, 7:56am
Location: Dundee Scotland

Re: Joe Strummer Family Tree

Post by dave202 » 19 Jun 2017, 2:04pm

Dunster wrote:
10 Jun 2017, 7:13pm
Here is a small Joe Strummer family tree. I was doing some genealogy work and whipped it up quickly some time ago.

http://imgur.com/a/GNoVd

Image
Where is Red Donald from the Isle of Skye? Joe's cousin mentioned this 18th C 'rebel' either in The Future Is Unwritten, or the dvd extras.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests