War Cry

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

War Cry

Post by coffeepotman »

You all will have to excuse my ignorance on this one....I was listening to some of my Joe collection and came across War Cry, it's a great little tune but I don't know where it's from and my copy is only 128. Any body got the back story on the tune and can share a higher even lossless copy.

If it's commercially available I'll buy it instead.

EDIT - had some coffee did a little research and found it's from Gross Pointe Blank Soundtrack and bought the tune so forget most of what up there cept what's the back story? How did Joe end up getting an instrumental dancey tune on the soundtrack?

EDIT AGAIN - What about the song Oceans? Where did that come from?

Here's another question, my copy of war cry come's from a home made comp called Generations which is excellent so thanks to the original uploader. The 128 bit version from Generations is much better than the copy I got from Gross Pointe Blank, that is totally brickwalled and sounds like shit. Back to my original request, anybody got a good decent sounding War Cry that's a higher bit rate than 128?

I'll also do a search on Generations before some smart person tells me to use the search function.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: War Cry

Post by laxman »

Is Oceans actually Ocean of Dreams? I think that was an out take from Rock Art.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Yup, that's it and it's not that great I can see why they left it off the album. The search button, google and strong coffee this morning lead me on a strange path to making a weird Yalla remix that only crazy people would listen to

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

coffeepotman wrote:Yup, that's it and it's not that great I can see why they left it off the album. The search button, google and strong coffee this morning lead me on a strange path to making a weird Yalla remix that only crazy people would listen to
Go for it. I'll give it a listen.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Thanks, just spotted this. There's a block at work, so will download this evening.