Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
Jimmy Jazz
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1502
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 6:40pm

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by Jimmy Jazz » 07 Sep 2016, 11:08pm

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:Can't believe Trash City is winning!

Kinda tells its own story about Joe's disappointing solo career.
I know it's terrible isn't. It should be number 2 because I said so! ;)

I wish there was more of Mick in the Love Kills mix.
I'm embarrassed to say but I've tried many times and I can never make out Mick's voice in Love Kills.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 15730
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by 101Walterton » 08 Sep 2016, 4:09am

Funny thing is I thought Kalamazoo was a made up place (like Fun Boy Three is a made up band name) until my wife started working for a US company whose head office is in Kalamazoo!!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13426
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by Silent Majority » 08 Sep 2016, 4:14am

101Walterton wrote:Funny thing is I thought Kalamazoo was a made up place (like Fun Boy Three is a made up band name) until my wife started working for a US company whose head office is in Kalamazoo!!
I've got a mate who lives in Kalamazoo. You ever heard the Glenn Miller song, I've Got a Gal In Kalamazoo?
Not teargas nor baton charge
That stops you taking the city


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 15730
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by 101Walterton » 08 Sep 2016, 4:27am

Silent Majority wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Funny thing is I thought Kalamazoo was a made up place (like Fun Boy Three is a made up band name) until my wife started working for a US company whose head office is in Kalamazoo!!
I've got a mate who lives in Kalamazoo. You ever heard the Glenn Miller song, I've Got a Gal In Kalamazoo?
Sounds like a Trash City rip off.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13426
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by Silent Majority » 08 Sep 2016, 4:46am

101Walterton wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Funny thing is I thought Kalamazoo was a made up place (like Fun Boy Three is a made up band name) until my wife started working for a US company whose head office is in Kalamazoo!!
I've got a mate who lives in Kalamazoo. You ever heard the Glenn Miller song, I've Got a Gal In Kalamazoo?
Sounds like a Trash City rip off.
I'm glad that plagiarizing bastard died in that plane crash.
Not teargas nor baton charge
That stops you taking the city


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 75248
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Sep 2016, 4:55am

Silent Majority wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Funny thing is I thought Kalamazoo was a made up place (like Fun Boy Three is a made up band name) until my wife started working for a US company whose head office is in Kalamazoo!!
I've got a mate who lives in Kalamazoo. You ever heard the Glenn Miller song, I've Got a Gal In Kalamazoo?
Sounds like a Trash City rip off.
I'm glad that plagiarizing bastard died in that plane crash.
Was Glenn Miller a time-travelling plagiarist? An exclusive IMCT action news investigation.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13426
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by Silent Majority » 08 Sep 2016, 5:00am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Funny thing is I thought Kalamazoo was a made up place (like Fun Boy Three is a made up band name) until my wife started working for a US company whose head office is in Kalamazoo!!
I've got a mate who lives in Kalamazoo. You ever heard the Glenn Miller song, I've Got a Gal In Kalamazoo?
Sounds like a Trash City rip off.
I'm glad that plagiarizing bastard died in that plane crash.
Was Glenn Miller a time-travelling plagiarist? An exclusive IMCT action news investigation.
Based on what Hollywood tells me, I think the sneak might also have been Charles Lindbergh. You'd think he would have done better in the plane crash.
Not teargas nor baton charge
That stops you taking the city


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 75248
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Sep 2016, 5:23am

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Was Glenn Miller a time-travelling plagiarist? An exclusive IMCT action news investigation.
Based on what Hollywood tells me, I think the sneak might also have been Charles Lindbergh. You'd think he would have done better in the plane crash.
Just spitballin' here, but what if it was … the Lindbergh baby? Glenn Miller stole the kid, aged him rapidly using time travel technology, but it drove Manbaby Lindbergh insane and he murdered Miller over the Channel. It makes sense, doesn't it?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 15730
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by 101Walterton » 08 Sep 2016, 6:06am

Miller is always lifting rhymes, does it all day.

msza2
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 185
Joined: 22 Aug 2012, 2:15pm

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by msza2 » 08 Sep 2016, 9:05pm

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:Can't believe Trash City is winning!

Kinda tells its own story about Joe's disappointing solo career.
If my arm could stretch 6000 kms, I'd punch you from the comfort of my chair.
Don't tell me you had Trash City at number one? It has no chorus and a repetitive tune that strongly resembles Do Wah Diddy by Manfred Mann. The drums sound like they were played on dustbins. I do like the lyrics.
Trash City is basically a rockin version of Bankrobber, structurally.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 37250
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by Marky Dread » 08 Sep 2016, 9:07pm

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:Can't believe Trash City is winning!

Kinda tells its own story about Joe's disappointing solo career.
I know it's terrible isn't. It should be number 2 because I said so! ;)

I wish there was more of Mick in the Love Kills mix.
I'm embarrassed to say but I've tried many times and I can never make out Mick's voice in Love Kills.
I think just like most of the guitar it was removed or buried in the mix.
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27429
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by Heston » 08 Sep 2016, 9:22pm

Marky Dread wrote:
Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:Can't believe Trash City is winning!

Kinda tells its own story about Joe's disappointing solo career.
I know it's terrible isn't. It should be number 2 because I said so! ;)

I wish there was more of Mick in the Love Kills mix.
I'm embarrassed to say but I've tried many times and I can never make out Mick's voice in Love Kills.
I think just like most of the guitar it was removed or buried in the mix.
I can hear Mick, especially on the later "I don't knows."
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 37250
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Sep 2016, 1:35am

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:Can't believe Trash City is winning!

Kinda tells its own story about Joe's disappointing solo career.
I know it's terrible isn't. It should be number 2 because I said so! ;)

I wish there was more of Mick in the Love Kills mix.
I'm embarrassed to say but I've tried many times and I can never make out Mick's voice in Love Kills.
I think just like most of the guitar it was removed or buried in the mix.
I can hear Mick, especially on the later "I don't knows."
Yep, I'm sure Teddy mentioned in a earlier mix there's a lot more Mick.
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 15730
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by 101Walterton » 09 Sep 2016, 2:00am

I loaded up my training iPod with only Wilderness and Meskues stuff. Some observations.
Dumdum Club is under rated and only got 2 votes on the poll.
Return of the Blues Cowboy is a belter and if I voted again might even put it first. Probably helped by the great sound / production. I presume it was produced by Jools Holland?

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 37250
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Wilderness Years - vote your top 3

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Sep 2016, 2:40am

101Walterton wrote:I loaded up my training iPod with only Wilderness and Meskues stuff. Some observations.
Dumdum Club is under rated and only got 2 votes on the poll.
Return of the Blues Cowboy is a belter and if I voted again might even put it first. Probably helped by the great sound / production. I presume it was produced by Jools Holland?
Recorded/produced and engineered by Laurie Latham at Pyramid Room/Helicon Mountain studios, Greenwich, London.
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests