NEW JOE STRUMMER ANTHOLOGY?

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
msza2
Junco Partner

Re: NEW JOE STRUMMER ANTHOLOGY?

Post by msza2 »

101Walterton wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 6:09am
Heston wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 2:39am
101Walterton wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 9:33pm
I'VE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Super Deluxe Box just arrived by courier :mrgreen:
Im starring at it wondering when is the best time to open it.
Do it now!

I want a full review by this evening/morning
Sorry mate had to go out I’m a bit pissed!!
Packaging is top notch. I’ve listened to both CD’s and the tracks sound great. Highlights for me were most of CD2 especially Pouring Rain which is a new version and is as great as the other two (the WhenPigs Flyversion is also on here but much cleaner version as is other tracks from WPF).
The Pearl Harbour track is real country which isn’t usually my thing but I really like it. The Cool Impossible is great track.
London Is Burning is better than albumverdion and is Minstrel Boy which has vocals but I’m sure isn’t BHD version?
Thanks for the info. Any other alternate versions on disc 1 (burning lights, etc)?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 1:18pm
101Walterton wrote:
Lucky you. Don't look like I'll be getting it as Spin CD appear to have taken my £85.00 and closed down their online shop the thieving bastards!
Twats!

Someone on trust pilot got their money back...
This is the important bit - I got all my money back through contacting my bank ( I'd paid by Visa Debit card) and completing the Chargeback forms they emailed. It only took a couple of weeks. The Chargeback facility is also used by credit card companies. However small the amount you are out of pocket - do it! It's your hard-earned cash.
A lot of disgruntled posts in the last couple of days...

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.spincds.com

I have some friends in Whitley Bay, I'm gonna do some digging around.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Jimmy Jazz
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Carpentologist wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 11:26pm
This is as exciting a time to be a Joe Strummer fan as I can remember and I note with particular interest that the Cut The Crap material is included!
It's actually a decent way to get some proper Clash II stuff out there without disturbing the precious Clash legacy, just call it a Joe Strummer solo release. I'll take it.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 2:00pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Lucky you. Don't look like I'll be getting it as Spin CD appear to have taken my £85.00 and closed down their online shop the thieving bastards!
Twats!

This is the important bit - I got all my money back through contacting my bank ( I'd paid by Visa Debit card) and completing the Chargeback forms they emailed. It only took a couple of weeks. The Chargeback facility is also used by credit card companies. However small the amount you are out of pocket - do it! It's your hard-earned cash.

Cheers John that's appreciated. I wasn't aware of them treating people so badly until after my purchase when Whiteman mentioned they had been sticthing people up. I read about half and half good / bad reviews at the time so was hoping to be lucky but it appears they have done a runner.

I will contact my bank in the morning to see if there is any chance of getting my dough back. Normally I wouldn't be so bothered but as I'm currently unemployed I can't afford to lose the money and the Dept. Work & Pensions don't give out money for Joe box sets. :disshame:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 2:27pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Twats!

Cheers John that's appreciated. I wasn't aware of them treating people so badly until after my purchase when Whiteman mentioned they had been sticthing people up. I read about half and half good / bad reviews at the time so was hoping to be lucky but it appears they have done a runner.

I will contact my bank in the morning to see if there is any chance of getting my dough back. Normally I wouldn't be so bothered but as I'm currently unemployed I can't afford to lose the money and the Dept. Work & Pensions don't give out money for Joe box sets. :disshame:
I've already got a mate who works in Whitley Bay to check if the shop outlet is still trading tomorrow. He's gonna report back to me and we can take it from there.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 2:33pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Twats!

I've already got a mate who works in Whitley Bay to check if the shop outlet is still trading tomorrow. He's gonna report back to me and we can take it from there.
According to online reports people have found a doorway between two shops that appears to belong to a cafe when they check out the address. Maybe your mate will have better luck, and seriously much appreciated for your and your mates help.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Sorry to hear that Marky hope you can get your money back 😞

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 2:52pm
Heston wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 2:33pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Twats!

According to online reports people have found a doorway between two shops that appears to belong to a cafe when they check out the address. Maybe your mate will have better luck, and seriously much appreciated for your and your mates help.
I will pass that on mate.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
Carpentologist wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 11:26pm
This is as exciting a time to be a Joe Strummer fan as I can remember and I note with particular interest that the Cut The Crap material is included!
It's actually a decent way to get some proper Clash II stuff out there without disturbing the precious Clash legacy, just call it a Joe Strummer solo release. I'll take it.
How it should’ve been marketed all along.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

msza2 wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 1:45pm
101Walterton wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 6:09am
Heston wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 2:39am
101Walterton wrote:
Do it now!

I want a full review by this evening/morning
Sorry mate had to go out I’m a bit pissed!!
Packaging is top notch. I’ve listened to both CD’s and the tracks sound great. Highlights for me were most of CD2 especially Pouring Rain which is a new version and is as great as the other two (the WhenPigs Flyversion is also on here but much cleaner version as is other tracks from WPF).
The Pearl Harbour track is real country which isn’t usually my thing but I really like it. The Cool Impossible is great track.
London Is Burning is better than albumverdion and is Minstrel Boy which has vocals but I’m sure isn’t BHD version?
Thanks for the info. Any other alternate versions on disc 1 (burning lights, etc)?
I will listen to the vinyl later but on one hurried listen to the CD it was hard to tell with some tracks as the sound is so much better than I am used to.
Even the Letsgetabitarockin demo sounds fresh.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I’m not usually into the trinkets but the Joe badge is cool I might even wear it!!!

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 3:50pm
I’m not usually into the trinkets but the Joe badge is cool I might even wear it!!!
Don't mention badges. :shifty:

Carpentologist
Dirty Punk

Post by Carpentologist »

TRASH CITY SOUNDS ENORMOUS!!!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Listening to the vinyl now sounds even better!!!!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

For some reason I thought Over The Border was At The Border. Obviously it isn’t and is a track I have never heard before?