Rare Joe Strummer Swedish TV Interview 2000-05-10

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Rare Joe Strummer Swedish TV Interview 2000-05-10

Post by Chuck Mangione »

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]

For this documentary:
[youtube][/youtube]

aza
Bang Ice Geezer

Re: Rare Joe Strummer Swedish TV Interview 2000-05-10

Post by aza »

never saw that before- he's so alive! thank you for posting

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Nostalgia for Margaret Thatcher no thanks Joe. How could you feel nostalgic for someone who destroyed so many people lives. It's like feeling nostalgic for Hitler. Sure she and her cronies gave us all something to rail against but nostalgia no.

Thanks for posting Chuck.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Thanks for finding this Chuck. Interesting stuff. Fuck Thatcher.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Flex wrote:Thanks for finding this Chuck. Interesting stuff. Fuck Thatcher.
One more vote for Mayor Flex. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

So what exactly have we got here...Joe having a go at all the people who like to moan about how tough things are right after he's had a good one himself about the trials and tribulations of running two families on top of the thankless task of being a living legend.

I do love the man, I really do..but that is most certainly not his finest hour (or five minutes even). He seems a bit wired throughout, could just be taking the piss, don't really know what to make of any of it to be honest.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:So what exactly have we got here...Joe having a go at all the people who like to moan about how tough things are right after he's had a good one himself about the trials and tribulations of running two families on top of the thankless task of being a living legend.

I do love the man, I really do..but that is most certainly not his finest hour (or five minutes even). He seems a bit wired throughout, could just be taking the piss, don't really know what to make of any of it to be honest.
It's tongue in cheek. He's not really saying he's nostalgic for Thatcher and her evil ways just saying she made it easier for groups/artists to have a cause to fight against. Like you kinda knew where you were with her as she was always trying her damndest to crush the working class. Whereas with some of the modern day poiliticans being liily livered they come across as being weak in comparison. Hence the "steel balls" remark.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:So what exactly have we got here...Joe having a go at all the people who like to moan about how tough things are right after he's had a good one himself about the trials and tribulations of running two families on top of the thankless task of being a living legend.

It's tongue in cheek. He's not really saying he's nostalgic for Thatcher and her evil ways just saying she made it easier for groups/artists to have a cause to fight against. Like you kinda knew where you were with her as she was always trying her damndest to crush the working class. Whereas with some of the modern day poiliticans being liily livered they come across as being weak in comparison. Hence the "steel balls" remark.
Yes he clearly is taking the piss, I made the cardinal sin of not watching it twice to be sure, especially the line where he's talking about his inspirational muse..."that's why i treat it like hoodoo or, you know, bubu."

Comparing Blair unfavourably to Thatcher seems fairly far-sighted back in 2000. Thinking Joe was ahead of the pack in that respect.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Yes he clearly is taking the piss, I made the cardinal sin of not watching it twice to be sure, especially the line where he's talking about his inspirational muse..."that's why i treat it like hoodoo or, you know, bubu."

Comparing Blair unfavourably to Thatcher seems fairly far-sighted back in 2000. Thinking Joe was ahead of the pack in that respect.
It's all there on Joe's Tee shirt.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Fantastic tee-shirt, wonder whatever became of the Tuscan Liberation Front ;)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Think they joined up with these guys.
[youtube][/youtube]

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote: It's tongue in cheek. He's not really saying he's nostalgic for Thatcher and her evil ways just saying she made it easier for groups/artists to have a cause to fight against. Like you kinda knew where you were with her as she was always trying her damndest to crush the working class. Whereas with some of the modern day poiliticans being liily livered they come across as being weak in comparison. Hence the "steel balls" remark.

[youtube][/youtube]
Splitters!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote: Yes he clearly is taking the piss, I made the cardinal sin of not watching it twice to be sure, especially the line where he's talking about his inspirational muse..."that's why i treat it like hoodoo or, you know, bubu."

[youtube][/youtube]
Splitters!
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revolutionrock_
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by revolutionrock_ »

[v][/v]
Last edited by revolutionrock_ on 28 Jun 2015, 4:40am, edited 1 time in total.

"Fucking long, innit?"

revolutionrock_
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by revolutionrock_ »

[v][/v]

"Fucking long, innit?"