Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The 2016 US Election Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

You know what really bothers me about Trump? He doesn't have pets. I mean, aside from the mounted heads of big game his evil spawn murdered. Did I mention this already? I feel like I may have...

Anyway, I do not trust people who don't care about animals. And anyway, like his politics or not, BoBama is cool as fuck. I mean, look at him struttin' his stuff:

Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JennyB wrote:You know what really bothers me about Trump? He doesn't have pets. I mean, aside from the mounted heads of big game his evil spawn murdered. Did I mention this already? I feel like I may have...

Anyway, I do not trust people who don't care about animals. And anyway, like his politics or not, BoBama is cool as fuck. I mean, look at him struttin' his stuff:

Doesn't have pets.
Doesn't drink at all.
Likes steak well done.

What the fuck is there to like about this guy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:Doesn't have pets.
Doesn't drink at all.
Likes steak well done.

Eats pizza with a knife and fork.
Thinks anything gold is classy.

(He doesn't drink? I call bullshit. His late-night twitter rants scream cheap hootch.)

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Doesn't drink at all.
Likes steak well done.

(He doesn't drink? I call bullshit. His late-night twitter rants scream cheap hootch.)
He's on speed not hooch.

BostonBeaneater

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Doesn't drink at all.
Likes steak well done.

He's on speed not hooch.
Last night at the 21 Club:
Trump, who has a house account at ‘21,’ ordered his usual — a burger, “well-done,” with iced tea.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:Here's me 'n' Gene 'n' Kim discussing next steps in Trump's America:

Now with less Doctor Who than ever! (which is to say, absolutely none)
Just listened to the one with you and James—he really does have an FM deejay quality to his voice

I've long thought that you might enjoy me on this two parter about Oliver Stone's JFK and Nixon, and their relationship with reality.

a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:I've long thought that you might enjoy me on this two parter about Oliver Stone's JFK and Nixon, and their relationship with reality.

Jesus, how long have you sat on that one? You do know that that shit is a minor obsession (or at least curiosity) of mine, right?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:I've long thought that you might enjoy me on this two parter about Oliver Stone's JFK and Nixon, and their relationship with reality.

Jesus, how long have you sat on that one? You do know that that shit is a minor obsession (or at least curiosity) of mine, right?
I've been thinking about you in relation to it since before recording - certainly your framing of US history is essential is the way I look at it - but didn't think you were a guy who liked podcasts, so I didn't wanna impose. And we're at improvised audiobook length, too.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I've been thinking about you in relation to it since before recording - certainly your framing of US history is essential is the way I look at it - but didn't think you were a guy who liked podcasts, so I didn't wanna impose. And we're at improvised audiobook length, too.
No, I'm not a huge podcast person—I can't listen to it as background noise while I'm working, so finding time is difficult—but US history-related topics are something I'm almost always up for (it is, you know, kinda my thing). Given the length, is this something I can download and listen to while walking to campus or is it only streaming?
Last edited by Dr. Medulla on 17 Nov 2016, 9:14am, edited 1 time in total.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

No, I'm not a huge podcast person—I can't listen to it as background noise while I'm working, so finding time is difficult—but US-history related topics is something I'm almost always up for. Given the length, is this something I can download and listen to while walking to campus or is it only streaming?
Oh yeah, totally downloadable. Right click and save here.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/pexlives/Shab ... osebud.mp3
http://traffic.libsyn.com/pexlives/Shab ... Paddle.mp3

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

No, I'm not a huge podcast person—I can't listen to it as background noise while I'm working, so finding time is difficult—but US-history related topics is something I'm almost always up for. Given the length, is this something I can download and listen to while walking to campus or is it only streaming?

Cool. Thanks!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Cool. Thanks!
:cool:
FYI: We goaded ourselves into including our joke idea of a 18 and a half minute gap in the first part, the Nixon discussion, so you'll have to scroll past that at about an hour 20.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Cool. Thanks!
:cool:
FYI: We goaded ourselves into including our joke idea of a 18 and a half minute gap in the first part, the Nixon discussion, so you'll have to scroll past that at about an hour 20.
Ha! Better you warned me. I can appreciate the joke in the abstract; in practice, I'd likely have been pissed off. In which case you get to laugh.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:You know what really bothers me about Trump? He doesn't have pets. I mean, aside from the mounted heads of big game his evil spawn murdered. Did I mention this already? I feel like I may have...

The Trumps don't look like a family that care about animals unless it's on a plate or, like you said, mounted on a wall.