Scottish independence?

Politics and other such topical creams.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: Scottish independence?

Post by Rat Patrol »

BTW...I like the idea of so much British flotsam seceding all at once that the Queen's only remaining kingdom is the uninhabited South Sandwich Islands with its automated weather stations, out-of-control invasive rat population, and occasional military incursions by Argentina.

When she gets lonely she can take a quick 2-hour plane flight to San Ramón to go visit Hitler!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:BTW...I like the idea of so much British flotsam seceding all at once that the Queen's only remaining kingdom is the uninhabited South Sandwich Islands with its automated weather stations, out-of-control invasive rat population, and occasional military incursions by Argentina.
There would be something satisfying in an ironic moral kind of way if Eliz II would hold on to the throne for so damned long only to see the United Kingdom dismantled under her watch. This wouldn't have happened under Prince Tampon!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
101Walterton wrote:England should vote for independence from the UK, now that would fuck them all up.
I'd rather see parts of England seceding wildly from Britain.
"Secession starts in the home"

I believe the Wolterses have that stitched in needlepoint, lined with doilies, and framed at the front door for when the tax assessor visits their property.
Ahem: "revenooer."
We just say "damnyankee."
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

I'd like to think this vote would've turned out less divided if only they had some sage advice on what conscience they should vote. . .

You know, something about how the price of gas affects culturewise. Alas, he forgot his AOL login and he's still leading off with a fax machine scan of that page from Rotten's bio where Rotten says Bernie invented Rotten. Or something.

. . .

"YES!"
I mean..."NO!"
Wait...what was the question again? :ugeek:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I think he's saying he'd be willing to turn all of Scotland into his Bernie Town School For Street Rebels.™
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Based on the Quebec/Canadian experience, what the UK might be in for:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/scotland-v ... -1.2771767

biopunk
Unknown Immortal

Post by biopunk »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Based on the Quebec/Canadian experience, what the UK might be in for:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/scotland-v ... -1.2771767
Whit, ye cannae ken ma braw accent ye English baw bag?!? I'll gie ye summat ye'll no misconstrue, ye skelly-eyed wee choobie!

Ahm gunnae petition yon Weegie council tae ban English fae the signs, then we'll see whose gunnae greet in Sauchiehall Street! Ye'll nae oppress ma peeple fae aneer 307 years! Saor Alba! :shifty:
Chewing oot a rhythm on my bubblegum