Injected with Love: The Death Penalty Thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Injected with Love: The Death Penalty Thread

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 6:09pm
Speaking as a token (and in many ways stereotypical) Canadian, the idea of having a gun is just bizarre to me. The number of bad things that can happen compared to the number of good things make it much more sensible to stay the fuck away from them. Plus I don't think I could ever shoot a person, or live with myself afterwards. I just plain don't have it in me. Whenever I'm in the US, I become hyperconscious to the possibility that the people around me might be packing and that they could be less than responsible about it all. I never have that thought in Canada. I'm not saying my assessments are correct in either locale, only speaking to my state of mind. The easy access to guns in the US flat-out makes me feel less comfortable and less trusting of strangers, which is a shitty thing.
We were in Indiana this past weekend and I saw a guy at a highway rest area, a typical looking Midwestern dad type guy, with a large handgun tucked into his jean shorts. Good grief.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 9:04am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Speaking as a token (and in many ways stereotypical) Canadian, the idea of having a gun is just bizarre to me. The number of bad things that can happen compared to the number of good things make it much more sensible to stay the fuck away from them. Plus I don't think I could ever shoot a person, or live with myself afterwards. I just plain don't have it in me. Whenever I'm in the US, I become hyperconscious to the possibility that the people around me might be packing and that they could be less than responsible about it all. I never have that thought in Canada. I'm not saying my assessments are correct in either locale, only speaking to my state of mind. The easy access to guns in the US flat-out makes me feel less comfortable and less trusting of strangers, which is a shitty thing.
We were in Indiana this past weekend and I saw a guy at a highway rest area, a typical looking Midwestern dad type guy, with a large handgun tucked into his jean shorts. Good grief.
JennyB wrote:Ugh, jorts!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 9:13am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Indiana is an awful place.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 9:50am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 9:13am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Indiana is an awful place.
Borrowing from Kids in the Hall: Indiana—A Place for Indianans.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

tepista wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 6:50pm
we're moving to Texas so I can get shot at the supermarket. Never lived anywhere but Los Angles.
more info coming soon.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 4:25pm
tepista wrote:
we're moving to Texas so I can get shot at the supermarket. Never lived anywhere but Los Angles.
more info coming soon.
I hope its one of the better areas.

Ive collectively spent like 3 or 4 months in Texas in my lifetime for work.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 5:01pm
tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
more info coming soon.

Hello,

I've spent a fair amount of time in Texas - mostly 1-2 weeks at a time. I could live anywhere in Texas but I don't think I'd fit in. I might fit in in Austin.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

gkbill wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 5:08pm
revbob wrote:
tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
more info coming soon.

Hello,

I've spent a fair amount of time in Texas - mostly 1-2 weeks at a time. I could live anywhere in Texas but I don't think I'd fit in. I might fit in in Austin.
Austin and San Antonio are cool and there's a hipster part of Dallas. I think Tep should move to El Paso and collaborate with Al Jorgensen.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wait, what, Tep?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 5:18pm
gkbill wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 5:08pm
revbob wrote:
tepista wrote:
tepista wrote:
more info coming soon.

Hello,

Austin and San Antonio are cool and there's a hipster part of Dallas. I think Tep should move to El Paso and collaborate with Al Jorgensen.
Arlen would be okay, far better than McMaynerberry, anyway.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

I just can't picture tep in a Cowboy hat.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JennyB wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 9:48am
Wait, what, Tep?
I'll make an official statement next week.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 11:19am
I just can't picture tep in a Cowboy hat.
I can. It's the assless chaps that are giving me headaches.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... neth-smith

This is just stunningly monstrous. Just go ahead and use zyklon-b in a shower facility cos that’s their spiritual brethren.