JFK Assassaversary Conspiracy Extravaganza

Politics and other such topical creams.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

JFK Assassaversary Conspiracy Extravaganza

Post by Rat Patrol »

It was all lip synching and the CIA paid off the Grammy committee to look the other way. :shifty:

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: JFK Assassaversary Conspiracy Extravaganza

Post by Rat Patrol »

Zombie Joseph P. Kennedy has gotten a cut of the profits from every fourth People magazine cover since 1966. :shifty: ²

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

In exchange for handing over the Doomsday Device, Castro got the body stuffed and put in his cigar parlor. Ask Kissinger...he's seen it. :shifty: ³

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

ALIENS. :ugeek:

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Image Image

Reality TV producers are kicking themselves at the genre being invented 12 years too late to catch the capers of the original domesticated Odd Couple, JFK and Hitler, at their Argentinian bungalow. :shifty:

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I've been right into the whole JFK thing after reading Stephen King's 11.22.63, and have been watching all the documentaries on the telly this week. Any theories on what really happened anyone? Definite hit from the following car for me.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

You know, it's funny. I'm fascinated by the entire Kennedy dynasty, going back to when they farmed potatoes in the old country, but i've never looked into the assassination with any kind of detail. I've got zero non-Oswald theories. I'm pretty Occam's razor on stuff like this, though.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Doc, a generally level headed and reasonable guy, I believe has some suspicions about it. I'd like to hear his input.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:You know, it's funny. I'm fascinated by the entire Kennedy dynasty, going back to when they farmed potatoes in the old country, but i've never looked into the assassination with any kind of detail. I've got zero non-Oswald theories. I'm pretty Occam's razor on stuff like this, though.
I haven't read a whole lot of assassination books, but was impressed by this one:

I'm pretty much convinced that it was a conspiracy, tho I'm not especially persuaded by any of the explanations of who ordered the hit. However, the Warren Commission explanation is laughably bad, and LHO's biography was extremely weird. Furthermore, Sen. Richard Russell, who was on the Commission, later said that he thought it was a conspiracy, as did LBJ and, rumour has it, RFK. But one can understand why they wanted the matter settled—what if the evidence led to the Soviet Union or Cuba? Doesn't that demand a military retaliation, and that is unthinkable. The cover-up at the time doesn't have to be sinister.

Also, if you've never seen Stone's movie, it's an amazing piece of work. One doesn't have to buy his explanation to appreciate the quality of the film as a constructed text. He also does well to expose the absurdity of the Warren Commission. But his LBJ-Vietnam-generals theory doesn't persuade me.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:Doc, a generally level headed and reasonable guy, I believe has some suspicions about it. I'd like to hear his input.
I can add more later this evening, but I'm not as well versed in the conspiracies as you might think.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

matedog wrote:Doc, a generally level headed and reasonable guy,
You forgot "jerk" :shifty:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

It was aliens.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:It was aliens.
Sure, distract us from focusing on the robots.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
matedog wrote:Doc, a generally level headed and reasonable guy,
You forgot "jerk" :shifty:
I'm going home. :cry: