Gubmint Shartdown

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Gubmint Shartdown

Post by Dr. Medulla »

http://progressivepopulist.org/2013/10/ ... god-video/

Just saw this. Wow. Even when it was Obamacare, I knew it was the Free Masons. :twitch:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

And more speculation on a Republican crack-up: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... picks=true

I'm curious how many traditional Republican donors (i.e., business interests) will make it be known that if the candidate is a Tea Party frother they'll be giving money to the Democrats. It's not like the Dems aren't business-friendly anyway and right now the greater threat to economic predictability than the batshit Right.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:http://progressivepopulist.org/2013/10/ ... god-video/

Just saw this. Wow. Even when it was Obamacare, I knew it was the Free Masons. :twitch:
I'd like to see what Doocy would have had to say if she shouted "Allah Akbar."
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:http://progressivepopulist.org/2013/10/ ... god-video/

I'd like to see what Doocy would have had to say if she shouted "Allah Akbar."
Well, that would be the devil speaking thru her.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

I liked "...Electric Boogaloo" better than "Gubmint Shartdown 8: Just Piss Tape." :meh:

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Rat Patrol wrote:
20 Jan 2018, 12:37am
I liked "...Electric Boogaloo" better than "Gubmint Shartdown 8: Just Piss Tape." :meh:
Gubmint Shartdown 3: Moscow Nights

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Re-Shartdownening.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jan 2018, 7:35am
The Re-Shartdownening.
I just noticed the corned beef comment in your signature and as a lifelong space geek I’m quite familiar with the origin - especially considering the perpetrator passed away a week or two ago! A truly great story!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
20 Jan 2018, 10:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The Re-Shartdownening.
I just noticed the corned beef comment in your signature and as a lifelong space geek I’m quite familiar with the origin - especially considering the perpetrator passed away a week or two ago! A truly great story!
It was while reading Young's obit that I came across the line. A hilarious moment in a serious story.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 7:15am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The Re-Shartdownening.
It was while reading Young's obit that I came across the line. A hilarious moment in a serious story.
If I recall, it was purchased by “Jolly” Wally Schirra from the deli at the Ramada Inn in Cocoa Beach. Grissom and Young actually attempted to consume the sandwich in orbit, but it proved to be a bit too awkward. I’ve been to Cocoa Beach several times as a space history tourist and one time we attempted to find the deli (called Wolfie’s) but it is apparently long gone. Oh well!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 2:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The Re-Shartdownening.
If I recall, it was purchased by “Jolly” Wally Schirra from the deli at the Ramada Inn in Cocoa Beach. Grissom and Young actually attempted to consume the sandwich in orbit, but it proved to be a bit too awkward. I’ve been to Cocoa Beach several times as a space history tourist and one time we attempted to find the deli (called Wolfie’s) but it is apparently long gone. Oh well!
That's because the deli was on a sound stage in Area 51. Duh.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 2:54pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The Re-Shartdownening.
I think NASA actually shot that scene on location. They figured the added realism was worth spending a bit more money! :)

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 2:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I think NASA actually shot that scene on location. They figured the added realism was worth spending a bit more money! :)
Poor, sad dupe. Kubrick didn't work on location, only in studio. :rolleyes:

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 3:01pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I’m actually surprised our leader hasn’t expressed a belief that the moon landings were faked. It actually makes me sad to type that with a straight face.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 3:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 3:01pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I’m actually surprised our leader hasn’t expressed a belief that the moon landings were faked. It actually makes me sad to type that with a straight face.
It just means Fox News hasn't promoted that particular idiocy.