Re: Nixon!

Post by JennyB » 18 Apr 2018, 1:42pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 10:10am
JennyB wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 9:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 7:41pm
So, for my final exam, one of the options was a bit of time travel / historical speculation, where students are, in essence, tasked with explaining the mechanics of a particular event by removing a key element. I like to offer one wide-open kind of question for the more daring and creative (with the understanding that I expect a lot for the answer). Anyway, what does this have to do with Nixon? One response has been to prevent the War on Drugs by going back in time and doing drugs with Dick to show him how much fun it is to get stoned … and if that doesn't work, "kill him or something." There are times when I absolutely adore these kids' minds.
Didn't Elvis do that already?
Kill Nixon? I'm prepared to sit and listen to your theory …
He killed him by doing drugs with him. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 18 Apr 2018, 1:58pm

JennyB wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 1:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
So, for my final exam, one of the options was a bit of time travel / historical speculation, where students are, in essence, tasked with explaining the mechanics of a particular event by removing a key element. I like to offer one wide-open kind of question for the more daring and creative (with the understanding that I expect a lot for the answer). Anyway, what does this have to do with Nixon? One response has been to prevent the War on Drugs by going back in time and doing drugs with Dick to show him how much fun it is to get stoned … and if that doesn't work, "kill him or something." There are times when I absolutely adore these kids' minds.
It's weird that Nixon was a pretty committed drunk, but the idea of him smoking, snorting, or injecting is unfathomable.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority » 18 Apr 2018, 4:05pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 1:58pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It's weird that Nixon was a pretty committed drunk, but the idea of him smoking, snorting, or injecting is unfathomable.
I think it was In the Arena where he said he'd never given a speech with out a drink and never wanted to try.
Not teargas nor baton charge
That stops you taking the city

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 18 Apr 2018, 4:39pm

Silent Majority wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 4:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I think it was In the Arena where he said he'd never given a speech with out a drink and never wanted to try.
He was the Don Draper of presidents.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

WestwayKid
Long Time Jerk

Post by WestwayKid » 18 Apr 2018, 6:22pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 4:39pm
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I've read that Nixon had a real issue with mixing alcohol with pills...so he wouldn't drink a lot...but because he was also popping downers to help him sleep...big time issues. I've also read that during the most tense hours of the Yom Kippur Way in 1973, Nixon was passed out drunk in the White House.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 18 Apr 2018, 6:37pm

WestwayKid wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 6:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

I've read that Nixon had a real issue with mixing alcohol with pills...so he wouldn't drink a lot...but because he was also popping downers to help him sleep...big time issues. I've also read that during the most tense hours of the Yom Kippur Way in 1973, Nixon was passed out drunk in the White House.
Yeah, as Watergate closed around him and he lost access to people like Haldeman, his paranoia and self-pity sent him deep into the bottle. And he wasn't a fun and happy drunk, but a fucking bleak asshole. For an intelligent man with remarkable perseverance and force of will, he was one big cancer inside.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory » 20 Apr 2018, 5:17pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 6:37pm
WestwayKid wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 6:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

he was one big cancer inside.
Also riddled with phlebitis.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)