Nixon!

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Nixon!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Further to the above, there's mention of Nixon's life from 1961 to 1968 being known to historians as his Wilderness Years, and my immediate thought was, "Which incident was his 'Boogie With Your Children'?"
The Kennedy debates are so his Combat Rock.
"For the same reason, Mr. Vanocur, nobody ever pointed a telescope at the sun."
I thought I'd posted this already, but heres Nixon's grandson and his bizarre, inflatable, robbed-from-the-cradle wife in China.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -trip.html
I can hear clearly in Dick's voice, "She's nothing to look at, son, but she's got large bosoms."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I need to make friends with someone who can do a Nixon impersonation and make him say stuff.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:I need to make friends with someone who can do a Nixon impersonation and make him say stuff.
Carlin once said that the essence to doing a Nixon impersonation is to think of something who hasn't had a shit in a week. From that degree of constipation, all else flows (so to speak).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:I need to make friends with someone who can do a Nixon impersonation and make him say stuff.
Given your skill at a general American accent, I say just look in the mirror, son.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Huroo!

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

My favourite Nixon imitation is Homer's effort, consisting of "Let me say this about that."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Cadillac Jack
Dirty Punk

Post by Cadillac Jack »

I don't hold politicians in very high regard, but I liked Richard Nixon. He wouldn't stab you in the back. He'd stab you right in the belly and tell you he was doing it. He was not a pretentious man.
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

darter
Sightsee MC

Post by darter »

Cadillac Jack wrote:I don't hold politicians in very high regard, but I liked Richard Nixon. He wouldn't stab you in the back. He'd stab you right in the belly and tell you he was doing it. He was not a pretentious man.
If by "tell you" you mean secretly record his seething threats and plots on audio tape so they would eventually, after a Supreme Court battle become public so we could read his 'enemies list' , then yea, I guess that's one redeeming feature of the guy.

darter
Sightsee MC

Post by darter »

Nobody impersonated Nixon better than Nixon himself. My favorite was "Crazy Nixon'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madman_theory

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.etsy.com/listing/155611669/r ... ref=market

eumaas can't stop jizzing. This is serious. Somebody please help him.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Me: I'm reading a cool book about Nixon at the moment.
Her: (mock annoyed, being funny) Nixon, Nixon, Nixon. There's three people in this relationship. Me, you, and bloody Nixon.
Me: I seriously think this is the second time I've ever said his name to you.
Her: Oh. What's the other one's name?
Me: What other one?
Her: That you bang on about?
Me: You mean Kennedy?
Her: Yeah.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:Me: I'm reading a cool book about Nixon at the moment.
Her: (mock annoyed, being funny) Nixon, Nixon, Nixon. There's three people in this relationship. Me, you, and bloody Nixon.
Me: I seriously think this is the second time I've ever said his name to you.
Her: Oh. What's the other one's name?
Me: What other one?
Her: That you bang on about?
Me: You mean Kennedy?
Her: Yeah.
No one loves Lyndon Johnson. :(

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Watched All the President's Men Revisited today. Generally mediocre, not least of which for having folks like Jon Stewart and Rachel Maddow, who were kids at the time, offering their opinions, but it does have a fantastic bit where Ben Stein, who was a speechwriter in the Nixon White House, wept and called Nixon a saint and the most unfairly persecuted public figure in American history. Absolutely insane.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »