Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Politics and other such topical creams.
JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18842
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
27 Nov 2017, 11:26pm
Ooof

Some coworkers and I just met with one of the more moderate republicans in the legislature this morning to talk about this (SB 43). He says it's going to have to go through the courts. This state is garbage.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 87806
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well, that's it for him then. No way the god-fearing Christians who dominate the Republican Party will tolerate an adulterer in their party.
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018 ... photo.html
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18842
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 10:17am
Well, that's it for him then. No way the god-fearing Christians who dominate the Republican Party will tolerate an adulterer in their party.
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018 ... photo.html
The shadenfruede has been fun. :mrgreen:

VH went to high school with him, BTW. Said he was always a nice guy but way overly ambitious. Also, the rumor in the local Jewish community (oh, yes, our dear governor is MOT) is that his mom has been having weekly meetings with her rabbi because she's basically like "What have I done?"
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 87806
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 1:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 10:17am
Well, that's it for him then. No way the god-fearing Christians who dominate the Republican Party will tolerate an adulterer in their party.
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018 ... photo.html
The shadenfruede has been fun. :mrgreen:

VH went to high school with him, BTW. Said he was always a nice guy but way overly ambitious. Also, the rumor in the local Jewish community (oh, yes, our dear governor is MOT) is that his mom has been having weekly meetings with her rabbi because she's basically like "What have I done?"
Tangential comment: Whenever someone mentions the word rabbi to me, I immediately think Rabbi Krustofski.
Image
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12064
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 1:33pm
JennyB wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 1:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 10:17am
Well, that's it for him then. No way the god-fearing Christians who dominate the Republican Party will tolerate an adulterer in their party.
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018 ... photo.html
The shadenfruede has been fun. :mrgreen:

VH went to high school with him, BTW. Said he was always a nice guy but way overly ambitious. Also, the rumor in the local Jewish community (oh, yes, our dear governor is MOT) is that his mom has been having weekly meetings with her rabbi because she's basically like "What have I done?"
Tangential comment: Whenever someone mentions the word rabbi to me, I immediately think Rabbi Krustofski.
Image
That's funny. Where do you think that comes from?
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 87806
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 11:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 1:33pm
Tangential comment: Whenever someone mentions the word rabbi to me, I immediately think Rabbi Krustofski.
Image
That's funny. Where do you think that comes from?
Simpsons comics or trading cards, I would imagine.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15641
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by Silent Majority »

The Simpsons comics from when I read them (about 1997-2003) struck me as being pretty decent. I also remember thinking Bart Simpson's Guide to Life was on par for a decent tie-in. They might not hold up for me now.
there's a lot of wreckage in the ravine


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12064
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 7:12am
Kory wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 11:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 1:33pm
Tangential comment: Whenever someone mentions the word rabbi to me, I immediately think Rabbi Krustofski.
Image
That's funny. Where do you think that comes from?
Simpsons comics or trading cards, I would imagine.
I just meant that you surely had heard of rabbis before that—were the Simpsons just that powerful?
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12064
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 11:13am
The Simpsons comics from when I read them (about 1997-2003) struck me as being pretty decent. I also remember thinking Bart Simpson's Guide to Life was on par for a decent tie-in. They might not hold up for me now.
I've never been a fan of comics based on cartoons because you don't get the voice acting to carry the jokes, even if the writing is ok.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 87806
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 7:12am
Kory wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 11:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 1:33pm
Tangential comment: Whenever someone mentions the word rabbi to me, I immediately think Rabbi Krustofski.
Image
That's funny. Where do you think that comes from?
Simpsons comics or trading cards, I would imagine.
I just meant that you surely had heard of rabbis before that—were the Simpsons just that powerful?
Ha! Of course I knew about rabbis—even met a couple. It's that Jackie Mason captures that super-Yiddish inflection and stereotypical rabbinical way of dealing with moral quandaries.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12064
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:37pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 7:12am
Kory wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 11:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 1:33pm
Tangential comment: Whenever someone mentions the word rabbi to me, I immediately think Rabbi Krustofski.
Image
That's funny. Where do you think that comes from?
Simpsons comics or trading cards, I would imagine.
I just meant that you surely had heard of rabbis before that—were the Simpsons just that powerful?
Ha! Of course I knew about rabbis—even met a couple. It's that Jackie Mason captures that super-Yiddish inflection and stereotypical rabbinical way of dealing with moral quandaries.
I was curious because your statement definitely rings true for me, but it's because I'm young enough that it was the first I heard of rabbis.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 87806
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:37pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 7:12am
Kory wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 11:09pm


That's funny. Where do you think that comes from?
Simpsons comics or trading cards, I would imagine.
I just meant that you surely had heard of rabbis before that—were the Simpsons just that powerful?
Ha! Of course I knew about rabbis—even met a couple. It's that Jackie Mason captures that super-Yiddish inflection and stereotypical rabbinical way of dealing with moral quandaries.
I was curious because your statement definitely rings true for me, but it's because I'm young enough that it was the first I heard of rabbis.
Thus we share a disappointment in any actual rabbi who doesn't sound like Jackie Mason.
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12064
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:55pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:37pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 7:12am


Simpsons comics or trading cards, I would imagine.
I just meant that you surely had heard of rabbis before that—were the Simpsons just that powerful?
Ha! Of course I knew about rabbis—even met a couple. It's that Jackie Mason captures that super-Yiddish inflection and stereotypical rabbinical way of dealing with moral quandaries.
I was curious because your statement definitely rings true for me, but it's because I'm young enough that it was the first I heard of rabbis.
Thus we share a disappointment in any actual rabbi who doesn't sound like Jackie Mason.
Indeed, there's too many rabbis in my life that sound like James Mason.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18842
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 3:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:55pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:37pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:27pm


I just meant that you surely had heard of rabbis before that—were the Simpsons just that powerful?
Ha! Of course I knew about rabbis—even met a couple. It's that Jackie Mason captures that super-Yiddish inflection and stereotypical rabbinical way of dealing with moral quandaries.
I was curious because your statement definitely rings true for me, but it's because I'm young enough that it was the first I heard of rabbis.
Thus we share a disappointment in any actual rabbi who doesn't sound like Jackie Mason.
Indeed, there's too many rabbis in my life that sound like James Mason.
Um, you guys know that women can be rabbis now. :rolleyes: :mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12064
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 4:33pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 3:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:55pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:37pm


Ha! Of course I knew about rabbis—even met a couple. It's that Jackie Mason captures that super-Yiddish inflection and stereotypical rabbinical way of dealing with moral quandaries.
I was curious because your statement definitely rings true for me, but it's because I'm young enough that it was the first I heard of rabbis.
Thus we share a disappointment in any actual rabbi who doesn't sound like Jackie Mason.
Indeed, there's too many rabbis in my life that sound like James Mason.
Um, you guys know that women can be rabbis now. :rolleyes: :mrgreen:
I'm trying to think of a pop culture reference here that's on the tip of my brain, but it's not coming out.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Post Reply