Politics and other such topical creams.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Oh, Moranjortsfolk...

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
27 Nov 2017, 11:26pm
Ooof

Some coworkers and I just met with one of the more moderate republicans in the legislature this morning to talk about this (SB 43). He says it's going to have to go through the courts. This state is garbage.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well, that's it for him then. No way the god-fearing Christians who dominate the Republican Party will tolerate an adulterer in their party.
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018 ... photo.html
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jan 2018, 10:17am
Well, that's it for him then. No way the god-fearing Christians who dominate the Republican Party will tolerate an adulterer in their party.
The shadenfruede has been fun. :mrgreen:

VH went to high school with him, BTW. Said he was always a nice guy but way overly ambitious. Also, the rumor in the local Jewish community (oh, yes, our dear governor is MOT) is that his mom has been having weekly meetings with her rabbi because she's basically like "What have I done?"
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 1:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

VH went to high school with him, BTW. Said he was always a nice guy but way overly ambitious. Also, the rumor in the local Jewish community (oh, yes, our dear governor is MOT) is that his mom has been having weekly meetings with her rabbi because she's basically like "What have I done?"
Tangential comment: Whenever someone mentions the word rabbi to me, I immediately think Rabbi Krustofski.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 1:33pm
JennyB wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 1:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Tangential comment: Whenever someone mentions the word rabbi to me, I immediately think Rabbi Krustofski.
That's funny. Where do you think that comes from?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 11:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Simpsons comics or trading cards, I would imagine.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

The Simpsons comics from when I read them (about 1997-2003) struck me as being pretty decent. I also remember thinking Bart Simpson's Guide to Life was on par for a decent tie-in. They might not hold up for me now.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 7:12am
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I just meant that you surely had heard of rabbis before that—were the Simpsons just that powerful?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 11:13am
The Simpsons comics from when I read them (about 1997-2003) struck me as being pretty decent. I also remember thinking Bart Simpson's Guide to Life was on par for a decent tie-in. They might not hold up for me now.
I've never been a fan of comics based on cartoons because you don't get the voice acting to carry the jokes, even if the writing is ok.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I just meant that you surely had heard of rabbis before that—were the Simpsons just that powerful?
Ha! Of course I knew about rabbis—even met a couple. It's that Jackie Mason captures that super-Yiddish inflection and stereotypical rabbinical way of dealing with moral quandaries.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:37pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ha! Of course I knew about rabbis—even met a couple. It's that Jackie Mason captures that super-Yiddish inflection and stereotypical rabbinical way of dealing with moral quandaries.
I was curious because your statement definitely rings true for me, but it's because I'm young enough that it was the first I heard of rabbis.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

I was curious because your statement definitely rings true for me, but it's because I'm young enough that it was the first I heard of rabbis.
Thus we share a disappointment in any actual rabbi who doesn't sound like Jackie Mason.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 1:55pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Thus we share a disappointment in any actual rabbi who doesn't sound like Jackie Mason.
Indeed, there's too many rabbis in my life that sound like James Mason.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 3:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Um, you guys know that women can be rabbis now. :rolleyes: :mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 4:33pm
Kory wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 3:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Um, you guys know that women can be rabbis now. :rolleyes: :mrgreen:
I'm trying to think of a pop culture reference here that's on the tip of my brain, but it's not coming out.