No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by Dr. Medulla » 27 Jun 2013, 4:54pm

IkarisOne wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:I have no fucking clue

Finally, some honesty around here.
Ah, there we go. Sooner or later, the insults emerge. Fine, you want some honesty? You're not very good at constructing an argument. At all. On any given topic, you begin with an unfalsifiable premise so that no one can ever prove you wrong, grab any bit of evidence(ishness) and treat it like a smoking gun, then declare your critics to be stupid, naive, or in the pocket of some sinister conspiracy (be it Sony or Obama or a group too shadowy to have a name). Then you move on to insults, perhaps threaten a lawsuit here or there (don't bother threatening me with one—I know a kick-ass Free Mason-linked firm that will grind you into dust), foe-ing, and eventually a big-ass tantrum where you tell the whole board that we're morons. If there are sub-steps in there that I've missed, my apologies. You wanna know why people aren't humouring you as before? We've seen this shit over and over and you're getting even worse at presenting even a semblance of a decent argument. If you go into a discussion where there's no scenario where your views might change, what's the point? That's a huge difference between you and everyone else here. We could change our opinion if presented with compelling evidence and a persuasive argument; you can't because there's always one more shadowy factor that you can invent to keep your paranoia running—along with the belief that you know what's "really happening." Are you looking for validation from people here? Proof that you're the most radical fucker around, even if it means turning everyone here into a straw man to make the case? Subservience? If you're just looking to soapbox and not deal with people telling you that you're koo-koo bananas, that's what your blog is for. You want real conversation here, you start with the premise that we're all equals here and nobody has a monopoly on truth or insight.

You want honesty? Here's the honest truth: You're a joke and the only people not laughing at you are those who feel sorry for you.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14571
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by Rat Patrol » 27 Jun 2013, 5:01pm

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/27/that_ti ... eople_gay/

Guys! This box of Hi-C is making me want to interior decorate!
Image

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15369
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by JennyB » 27 Jun 2013, 5:09pm

matedog wrote:On a side note: http://www.straightprideuk.com/
They used the gayest background colors available.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

IkarisOne
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2841
Joined: 24 Aug 2008, 10:09pm

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by IkarisOne » 27 Jun 2013, 5:26pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:I have no fucking clue

Finally, some honesty around here.
Ah, there we go. Sooner or later, the insults emerge. Fine, you want some honesty? You're not very good at constructing an argument. At all. On any given topic, you begin with an unfalsifiable premise so that no one can ever prove you wrong, grab any bit of evidence(ishness) and treat it like a smoking gun, then declare your critics to be stupid, naive, or in the pocket of some sinister conspiracy (be it Sony or Obama or a group too shadowy to have a name). Then you move on to insults, perhaps threaten a lawsuit here or there (don't bother threatening me with one—I know a kick-ass Free Mason-linked firm that will grind you into dust), foe-ing, and eventually a big-ass tantrum where you tell the whole board that we're morons. If there are sub-steps in there that I've missed, my apologies. You wanna know why people aren't humouring you as before? We've seen this shit over and over and you're getting even worse at presenting even a semblance of a decent argument. If you go into a discussion where there's no scenario where your views might change, what's the point? That's a huge difference between you and everyone else here. We could change our opinion if presented with compelling evidence and a persuasive argument; you can't because there's always one more shadowy factor that you can invent to keep your paranoia running—along with the belief that you know what's "really happening." Are you looking for validation from people here? Proof that you're the most radical fucker around, even if it means turning everyone here into a straw man to make the case? Subservience? If you're just looking to soapbox and not deal with people telling you that you're koo-koo bananas, that's what your blog is for. You want real conversation here, you start with the premise that we're all equals here and nobody has a monopoly on truth or insight.

You want honesty? Here's the honest truth: You're a joke and the only people not laughing at you are those who feel sorry for you.
Yeah, I'm all broken up about that.

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22595
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by eumaas » 27 Jun 2013, 6:37pm

matedog wrote:Not my go-to gay, but his ex who I also lived with partially enlightened me on a counter gay marriage movement within the community that rejects the heteronormalcy sort of maybe inherent with marriage. Seems silly to me because it's just giving gays the option and some really prefer monogamous, lifetime relationships. I think there was more to it, regarding it being a smaller issue in the grand scheme of things. Let me do some research...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Against_Equality

My friend Ryan Conrad is a major figure in that movement.
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14571
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by Rat Patrol » 02 Jul 2014, 4:13pm

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... ma/373853/

Oh, yes, and there's of course this angle too to the Hobby Lobby/SCOTUS shitshow.
Image

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14571
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by Rat Patrol » 02 Jul 2014, 4:24pm

Unrelated addendum: I should probably open the whole thread in a new window and see more than 2 posts of what trainwreckery I'm about to threadbump instead of just replying off the search screen.

Jesus Christ, these 4 pages. :yuck:
Image

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31897
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by tepista » 12 Jul 2014, 12:06pm

Image
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31897
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by tepista » 28 Oct 2014, 4:53pm

Image
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49225
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by Wolter » 29 Sep 2015, 3:28pm

Heh, some friends of mine made it to HuffPo for this little prank:

"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15369
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by JennyB » 29 Sep 2015, 10:31pm

Wolter wrote:Heh, some friends of mine made it to HuffPo for this little prank:

Awesome :)
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14571
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by Rat Patrol » 21 Jul 2016, 7:40pm

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/twinks ... sm-8882849

The call is coming from inside the house!
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71084
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Jul 2016, 7:56pm

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.villagevoice.com/news/twinks ... sm-8882849

The call is coming from inside the house!
Strange bedfellows, so to speak.

Fake edit: God, what a ridiculous thread this began as. Like commenting to a Communist what a beautiful day it is and being accused of war crimes against the proletariat.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14571
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by Rat Patrol » 21 Jul 2016, 8:21pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.villagevoice.com/news/twinks ... sm-8882849

The call is coming from inside the house!
Strange bedfellows, so to speak.

Fake edit: God, what a ridiculous thread this began as. Like commenting to a Communist what a beautiful day it is and being accused of war crimes against the proletariat.
Actually, this has been predicted ever since the Orlando attack and associated noise about the attacker's ISIS allegiance. That there was going to be a coordinated effort to drive a wedge between two marginalized groups--LGBT and Muslims--by pitting them against each other over Orlando. Hence, the high-profile speaking engagements at this event by Pam Geller and Milo Assface.

We're not even talking false flag. This is pretty blatantly scripted and leaked from a mile away. Hence...yeah, "The call is coming from inside the house." Though one wonders how much oppo research the two-brain-celled wonders behind this actually engaged in. "Gay" is so massively heterogeneous an ID on a cultural level that the herding-cats aspect of trying to piece together a large enough coalition of "teh gheys" to demagogue Muslims is futile. Not to mention completely contrary to how they go about targeting other coalitions-of-the-aggrevied into an anti-Islamic froth. They succeed at that by targeting a strain of homogeny in their marks and exploiting that. This is the complete opposite. It's like they're mistaking LGBT with a race at the absolute most simplistic, boneheaded level. The error in logic is almost adorable in its sheer cluelessness...'cept, you know, for the hate being the complete opposite of adorable.
Image

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 31897
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Homophobia Is Pretty Much Over

Post by tepista » 04 Jan 2017, 5:25pm

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest