Did man land on the moon?

Politics and other such topical creams.

Did man land on the moon?

Yes
39
70%
No
17
30%
 
Total votes: 56

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26087
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by Heston » 10 May 2012, 10:24pm

One of my favourite books...

Image
So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25004
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by Flex » 10 May 2012, 10:29pm

Heston wrote:One of my favourite books...

http://images.borders.com.au/images/bau ... e-moon.jpg
Mathematical!
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14794
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by 101Walterton » 10 May 2012, 10:47pm

Heston wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Can't they resolve this once and for all by finding that flag and all the crap they left behind (including the footprints and tyre tracks etc..which will apparently still be there) with one of those fancy telescopes ?
Easy you'd have thought, so why not then ? As someone woken up as a small child to watch the moon landing it would really put my mind to rest, still can't get my head around how they did it way back then or on the other hand how so many people could lie about it....... I don't pretend to understand the science involved but surely in the 21st century we could nail it as an absolute known truth or just another piece of propaganda bullshit? :huh:
What we achieved 43 years ago in science should be a doddle today. That's why I remain perplexed.
Exactly and I really hope it is true. I did read an article by Japanese scientist who said that the Japanese were going to travel to the moon however discovered that it would be impossible for man to survive the heat or radiation or something which is why they haven't done it. They land on planets much further away all the time surely going to the moon and back nowadays would be a piece of piss. I'm suprised McDonalds haven't done it just to put a huge advertising banner up there you could see from earth, imagine that !!!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25004
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by Flex » 10 May 2012, 11:32pm

I'm posting in this thread to help Wolter's brain thing.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25004
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by Flex » 10 May 2012, 11:32pm

I'm posting in this thread to help Wolter's brain thing.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49227
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by Wolter » 10 May 2012, 11:51pm

Flex wrote:I'm posting in this thread to help Wolter's brain thing.
I already did.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35323
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by Marky Dread » 11 May 2012, 3:22am

Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Can't they resolve this once and for all by finding that flag and all the crap they left behind (including the footprints and tyre tracks etc..which will apparently still be there) with one of those fancy telescopes ?
Easy you'd have thought, so why not then ? As someone woken up as a small child to watch the moon landing it would really put my mind to rest, still can't get my head around how they did it way back then or on the other hand how so many people could lie about it....... I don't pretend to understand the science involved but surely in the 21st century we could nail it as an absolute known truth or just another piece of propaganda bullshit? :huh:
As far as I'm concerned it is an absolute known truth. Or, as close as that can be.
It would be different if Russia had got there first.
In truth the Americans would not have been able to land on the moon without the aid of Nazi scientists captured in WWII.
Image
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35323
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by Marky Dread » 11 May 2012, 3:46am

Flex has the technology and his armies are taking over.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17905533
Image
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14794
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by 101Walterton » 11 May 2012, 4:38pm

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Can't they resolve this once and for all by finding that flag and all the crap they left behind (including the footprints and tyre tracks etc..which will apparently still be there) with one of those fancy telescopes ?
Easy you'd have thought, so why not then ? As someone woken up as a small child to watch the moon landing it would really put my mind to rest, still can't get my head around how they did it way back then or on the other hand how so many people could lie about it....... I don't pretend to understand the science involved but surely in the 21st century we could nail it as an absolute known truth or just another piece of propaganda bullshit? :huh:
As far as I'm concerned it is an absolute known truth. Or, as close as that can be.
It would be different if Russia had got there first.
In truth the Americans would not have been able to land on the moon without the aid of Nazi scientists captured in WWII.
That's true, the astronaut may have been American but NASA technology wasn't, the Nazi's were half way there in 1945.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71087
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 May 2012, 4:49pm

101Walterton wrote:That's true, the astronaut may have been American but NASA technology wasn't, the Nazi's were half way there in 1945.
Launching missiles from Germany to London was not "half way" by any stretch. Yes, the Germans were pioneers in rocketry, but let's not exaggerate the state of the technology in 1945.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35323
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by Marky Dread » 11 May 2012, 5:21pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:That's true, the astronaut may have been American but NASA technology wasn't, the Nazi's were half way there in 1945.
Launching missiles from Germany to London was not "half way" by any stretch. Yes, the Germans were pioneers in rocketry, but let's not exaggerate the state of the technology in 1945.
You have seen the opening sequence to Hellboy? those Nazi's had a portal and everything man.
Image
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14794
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by 101Walterton » 11 May 2012, 10:46pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:That's true, the astronaut may have been American but NASA technology wasn't, the Nazi's were half way there in 1945.
Launching missiles from Germany to London was not "half way" by any stretch. Yes, the Germans were pioneers in rocketry, but let's not exaggerate the state of the technology in 1945.
OK, 17.8 % of the way there :mrgreen:

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19887
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by matedog » 11 May 2012, 11:40pm

101Walterton wrote:Can't they resolve this once and for all by finding that flag and all the crap they left behind (including the footprints and tyre tracks etc..which will apparently still be there) with one of those fancy telescopes ?
According to cursory Internet search, no. Those fancy telescopes are not capable of dOing that.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 14794
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by 101Walterton » 12 May 2012, 12:38am

matedog wrote:
101Walterton wrote:Can't they resolve this once and for all by finding that flag and all the crap they left behind (including the footprints and tyre tracks etc..which will apparently still be there) with one of those fancy telescopes ?
According to cursory Internet search, no. Those fancy telescopes are not capable of dOing that.
What if they were 17.8% of the way there in their Nazi spaceship ?

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 26087
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Did man land on the moon?

Post by Heston » 27 Dec 2014, 6:29am

So what does Marconi playing the mamba mean? "Marconi" is referring to the radio itself. It plays a deadly snake. The snake - the mamba - is slithering from the speakers. Ready to kill greedy corporations. Ready to free the world of all that is evil, and to leave behind only the youthful idealism encompassed by the tenets of rock and roll.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests