Chaos at MIT

Politics and other such topical creams.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Chaos at MIT

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Guardian column that covers a lot of the criticism that's been offered up here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... us-gun-law

It does raise a question for the Limeys here who remember the days of the IRA: what do you make of the American reaction to terrorism on their soil?
Over the top. Even the London 7/7 bombings never saw a reaction like this, and it was terrorism on a much larger scale.
I was on a bus the day after the 7/7 bombings. The driver was understandably edgy about an unattended bag, but otherwise, people were pretty easy.
I was in London the day before, always thank my lucky stars I missed it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Glenn Beck's gonna shatter y'all's world on Monday if Obama don't admit … something.
It's Monday. What'd Beck say?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I thought Beck the pundit was now as irrelevant as Beck the musician.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

tepista wrote:I thought Beck the pundit was now as irrelevant as Beck the musician.
:(
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

tepista wrote:I thought Beck the pundit was now as irrelevant as Beck the musician.
:lol:
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
:(
I knew you'd give him a sad face!
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Guardian column that covers a lot of the criticism that's been offered up here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... us-gun-law

It does raise a question for the Limeys here who remember the days of the IRA: what do you make of the American reaction to terrorism on their soil?
Over the top. Even the London 7/7 bombings never saw a reaction like this, and it was terrorism on a much larger scale.
I was on a bus the day after the 7/7 bombings. The driver was understandably edgy about an unattended bag, but otherwise, people were pretty easy.
Isn't that because you get used to it? It's like anything if it happens often enough you become immune to it.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:

Isn't that because you get used to it? It's like anything if it happens often enough you become immune to it.
Don't think there had been much bombing in the years leading up to 7/7. It certainly wasn't a regular occurence by then.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Heston wrote:

Don't think there had been much bombing in the years leading up to 7/7. It certainly wasn't a regular occurence by then.
True but most would certainly have been used to previous bombing campaigns.

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

matedog wrote:

Glenn Beck's gonna shatter y'all's world on Monday if Obama don't admit … something.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/glenn ... ngs-94454/

So, he had nothing. Though I guess he could have revealed more on his 5PM eastern TV show but I don't have Dish Network and certainly wouldn't give Beck any money for an internet subscription. I doubt it was anything of substance unless you are already convinced there is a cover-up.
Last edited by Bankrobber on 22 Apr 2013, 8:12pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Bankrobber wrote:
matedog wrote:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/glenn ... ngs-94454/

So, he had nothing. Though I guess he could have revealed more on his 6PM eastern TV show but I don't have dish and wouldn't give Beck any money for internet subscription. I doubt it was anything of substance unless you are already convinced there is a cover-up.
Are you talking about Martian bases on the moon or freemason control of the global warming scam?
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

http://www.alternet.org/glenn-beck-come ... out-boston

This was posted about 20mins ago. I don't know if it contains info from his evening show though.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

So, don't be surprised when you hear this madness from your crazy uncle:

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/20 ... 27068.html

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Bankrobber wrote:So, don't be surprised when you hear this madness from your crazy uncle:

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/20 ... 27068.html
"The spitting image." Move over, East Asians, there's a new group on the block who all look alike. :lol:

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

According to a WaPo breaking news alert I got, these guys aren't considered serious candidates for being part of any actual terrorist organization, and their motivation was our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Blowback.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!