Boston Marathon Explosions

Politics and other such topical creams.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Boston Marathon Explosions

Post by JennyB »

Apparently they have a Saudi national in custody, so all of the wing nuts in Moranjortsville have already decided it must be a Mooooslim. It couldn't possibly be a case of a Saudi marathon runner who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Stop jumping to conclusions, morans. It could be this guy and it could be a Rudolph or McVey type.

Glad Beaner is OK. Anyone hear from Ratty?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Chuck Mangione wrote:I was about to post "Those aren't so bad," until I clicked on number 8.
Oh my god that was wretched.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

All my family and friends finally accounted for. I had two cousins who were supposed to be at the marathon today. One was far enough away from the blasts that he wasn't injured or killed, the other WAS supposed to be right at the finish line but she got a stomach bug last night and wasn't able to go. Enough to make you believe in providence, almost. Got a hold of both them a little earlier. Terrifying day, followed by a sense of relief I don't think I've ever felt before in my life.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Glad to hear, Flex.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

rcs
Unknown Immortal

Post by rcs »

i have relatives in the the outlining areas - Hopkinton, Duxbury... i hope they didn't make a day of it by going to the Patriots Day celebrations... i've had cousins run the race in the past, but not in the recent (10+) years that i know of...

anyway, working the phones now for an inventory count....

glad to hear from beaner

ratty checking in will be good
If you don't hate the Clash, you don't love them enough - Olaf

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Chuck Mangione wrote:I was about to post "Those aren't so bad," until I clicked on number 8.
Weird thing is I saw that photo on a site earlier today and his leg was blurred but his face wasn't. From the look on his face he looked as if he had twisted his ankle, you couldn't tell his leg was missing.

rcs
Unknown Immortal

Post by rcs »

Flex wrote:All my family and friends finally accounted for. I had two cousins who were supposed to be at the marathon today. One was far enough away from the blasts that he wasn't injured or killed, the other WAS supposed to be right at the finish line but she got a stomach bug last night and wasn't able to go. Enough to make you believe in providence, almost. Got a hold of both them a little earlier. Terrifying day, followed by a sense of relief I don't think I've ever felt before in my life.
great news Flex

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Glad everyone is okay.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:All my family and friends finally accounted for. I had two cousins who were supposed to be at the marathon today. One was far enough away from the blasts that he wasn't injured or killed, the other WAS supposed to be right at the finish line but she got a stomach bug last night and wasn't able to go. Enough to make you believe in providence, almost. Got a hold of both them a little earlier. Terrifying day, followed by a sense of relief I don't think I've ever felt before in my life.
So glad to hear this.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

rcs
Unknown Immortal

Post by rcs »

101Walterton wrote:
Weird thing is I saw that photo on a site earlier today and his leg was blurred but his face wasn't. From the look on his face he looked as if he had twisted his ankle, you couldn't tell his leg was missing.
i would have preferred that visual...

shit

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

rcs wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
i would have preferred that visual...

shit
Must have been an NZ or UK news site.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I am very angry. It's hard to temper the anger while waiting for results. I don't know who did this. I feel strongly about a lot of things. There are things I would kill for. I am sure of that. I would never kill an 8 year old to prove a point. I know that.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I don't know what to do with my anger.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

BostonBeaneater wrote:I don't know what to do with my anger.
Yo Beanie - my best buddy lives in Everett, han't answered his phone but he's prolly not the kind of guy to be hangin out for an occasion such as the marathon; other hand he's a hyper social dude and likes a good time. I'm sure he's fine, and his large wop family are too.

We've been through this shit before (9/11, etc.); just you take it easy man. I remember that Tuesday - my girlfriend calling me and not believing her til I turned on the TV, not being able to get through to my brother on Broome St. (who's first born's due-date was 9/13, St. Vincents basically shut down except as a trauma triage center; baby decided to wait another week to pop. Smart kid.); couldn't get through to my two nieces who were working at CBGB's at the time; finally got a call from another bro in DC, who was on a moving job, crossing the bridge from Arlington and watching the Pentagon smolder (one month later he would be dead - another story). All high anxiety, all bad shit in extremis. I feel ya.

Just you be cool, man. See what's up...
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

rcs
Unknown Immortal

Post by rcs »

rcs wrote:i have relatives in the the outlining areas - Hopkinton, Duxbury... i hope they didn't make a day of it by going to the Patriots Day celebrations... i've had cousins run the race in the past, but not in the recent (10+) years that i know of...

anyway, working the phones now for an inventory count....

glad to hear from beaner

ratty checking in will be good
all the relatives are accounted for... that's good news