You guys, has anyone heard from Ratty?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Boston Marathon Explosions

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:I don't know what to do with my anger.
I wish I could give advice without sounding like a trite asshole. There are no words when innocent people get killed -- especially kids. Just know I'm thinking about you (and everyone up there) and vent away whenever you need to.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

rcs wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:I was about to post "Those aren't so bad," until I clicked on number 8.
Weird thing is I saw that photo on a site earlier today and his leg was blurred but his face wasn't. From the look on his face he looked as if he had twisted his ankle, you couldn't tell his leg was missing.
i would have preferred that visual...

shit

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

JennyB wrote:You guys, has anyone heard from Ratty?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Flex wrote:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Anyone know his real name or have contact with him outside this place?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Anyone know his real name or have contact with him outside this place?
I think Andrew might know it. I remember he shares it with a famous serial killer. Is there a list somewhere, with the names of people hurt?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Anyone know his real name or have contact with him outside this place?
I think Andrew might know it. I remember he shares it with a famous serial killer. Is there a list somewhere, with the names of people hurt?
Yeah, I did a google search for it this morning and nothing came up.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

tepista wrote:
Flex wrote:
I thought Ratty lived in Connetticut? Anyway, here's hoping the man's okay.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

muppet hi fi wrote:I thought Ratty lived in Connetticut? Anyway, here's hoping the man's okay.
Born in Connecticut, exiled to Boston.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

I'm sure he'll chime in soon, but per pm, he endured an inconveniently timed Internet outage. Rattie is okay.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

The only senseless violence I was involved in the last 2 days was threatening several Comcast tech support reps...and their managers...and their managers' managers...for the internet outage in my apt. that they refused to repair until Fri. Until I threatened them; then they rushed out here today. :evil:

I was in the car 40 miles away on the highway when the blasts occurred. I used to go downtown and take in the Marathon almost every year, but now it's maybe once every 3-4 years and staying the hell away from town the years I don't. I used to work in the building one of the bombs exploded in front of, and many years prior to that I worked as an intern at the now char-broiled JFK Library. The office by the bomb site was literally 4 floors above the finish line...they had raging keggars in the office on Marathon Monday for the couple years that office was located there before moving a few blocks down the street. After the move we'd simply camp out at a bar just past the medical tent at 10:00am and get shitfaced all day long. All of the major players in the publishing industry in Boston are within a few blocks of there. Colleagues of mine were no doubt in those same bars (note: safe distance away) making merriment yesterday. Between work and play I've probably spent more hours in and around Copley Square than anywhere on the face of the earth other than my apartment or childhood home.

Suffice to say it's surreal and unnerving to see the street corners I walked thousands of times over the last 15 years go up in a carnage-filled hellscape. Every picture...every single fucking picture...is a place I've been to, know every nook and cranny and crack in the sidewalk...thrown trash in every single rubbish bin one of those bombs was placed in or next to. Every single shot. I see a 15-year time lapse of me walking past...back and forth...in the background between the smoke, the blood, the debris, the injured. Not angry, but more spooked/chilled to the bone. And Beaner's going through the same thing...he sees himself walking in the background in that same x-many decade time lapse in all those photos. I understand now how much 9/11 affected New Yorkers to the core...you've got places you've been at so often they become this subliminal part of you...just, gone all wrong. It seriously fucks with your head. And this was nowhere near that scale of carnage.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Glad you're safe, hombre.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Glads Youse is OKs.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

That building. Tall one with the angled windows where the bomb at the lower part of the photo exploded. Worked there for 2 years.

Jesus.