War Fever Thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
darter
Sightsee MC

War Fever Thread

Post by darter »

Isn't it time to prepare the masses?

So Obama suggests bombing will start in about a year or so. Just a statement. (Not those words but that meaning).
He signals that he is okay with Israel doing pretty much anything. Big TV moment/ Photo-op literally 'standing with' Israel. 'I'm not bluffing - unless I am'.
Earlier, Argo wins best picture. Some indication of the sentiment of academy voters who certainly understood what this would do to prep the populace for war. (see below for Iranian counter-film).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ja ... age-crisis

Let's face it. Iran won't back down. Opinion leaders will be getting the propaganda out. What's the timetable for that? How will social media/TV/ film/ music , etc. be used for/against this effort? Just askin'. When do the little 'War in not the answer" signs start appearing in suburban yards". How about the marches? Is all that being planned somewhere? We are in a 'run up', right?

Here's an interesting web site, kinda old school but okay, it's something.

http://www.pollingreport.com/iran.htm (Wow, looks like Americans are on board already- can those numbers be right?).

You can get a free flag pin there too- for your lapel.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: War Fever Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

All according to Cat Plan 9f.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:All according to Cat Plan 9f.
Fucking Starbucks.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:All according to Cat Plan 9f.
Fucking Starbucks.
:lol:
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog

Post by matedog »

I actually didn't realize that darter was the Cat Stevens hating guy.

Anyway, I think North Korea is much more of a threat now to actual armed war than any Iranian antagonism. But hey, prove me wrong, Iran. Prove me wrong.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Isn't the UK going to war against the Catholics over the Malvinas ?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Affleck! I knew it was him! Even when it was Cat Stevens, I knew it was him.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

darter
Sightsee MC

Post by darter »

Damn, I had completely overlooked the Cat Stevens factor but I will scour his lyrics for clues that will signal his Starbucks-sipping minions to aim their LOICs at the Pentagon- or worse, at Netflix. Anyway, the real question is: when will gas prices jump when war appears certain to the markets? If we go with a wisdom-of -the-crowd approach then I'm just an outlier. But, really, what was Obama signalling the other day? It's gonna happen - that's what. He just made an unbreakable promise and he pretty much set the deadline as one year. He's 'in'. Anyone disputing that?

As for Korea, that little round guy just seems too jolly, deep down, and jolly folk just don't push the button cause that wouldn't be at all jolly. But he's gotta act all tough-like. So when I think of nuclear war on the peninsula I can't suppress a smile cause that little round guy is punkin' us. I get it, Mr. Kim Jong Un, I get it. I especially like that pic of you pointing at some big strategy map with all your old creepy zombie-lookin' generals watching you stab at the map like you be plannin' some campaign of victory against the south as though you even can read a map. Crack me up. Yo beast dude... beast.

And look how perfectly normal he looks here with his perfectly normal looking wife and that fine looking hat. And jolly too. But if there is a big war over there what gonna happen to the hat? Hope they can save the hat.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/2 ... 05130.html

matedog

Post by matedog »