CBS reporting 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: CBS reporting 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:"The only way to stop the bad guys is to arm the good guys."

Still can't believe what I'm hearing. Speechless.
It's unfortunate that only in comic books that bad guys readily acknowledge themselves as wearing the black hats.
It's the lead item on the UK news and it's being compared to some kind of sick parody over here.
To the lunatic right, that kind of rejection from the rest of the world is evidence that they are indisputably correct. There was some kind of compiled survey this fall that if Obama and Romney were subjected to a world vote, Obama would win something like 80% of the vote. That was proof to the hard right that Romney was the correct choice. They operate on a wholly different plane of logic that demands reality to conform to their worldview.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Heston wrote:"The only way to stop the bad guys is to arm the good guys."

Still can't believe what I'm hearing. Speechless.
It's unfortunate that only in comic books that bad guys readily acknowledge themselves as wearing the black hats.
It's the lead item on the UK news and it's being compared to some kind of sick parody over here.
To the lunatic right, that kind of rejection from the rest of the world is evidence that they are indisputably correct. There was some kind of compiled survey this fall that if Obama and Romney were subjected to a world vote, Obama would win something like 80% of the vote. That was proof to the hard right that Romney was the correct choice. They operate on a wholly different plane of logic that demands reality to conform to their worldview.
I really, really loathe this country sometimes.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

101Walterton wrote:I think you have to take into account that these kids are 'our' demographic. By 'our' I mean the majority of people on here and the majority of people in the societies we live in; white, working / middle class, English speaking, law abiding, educated, living in Christian Western World Countries. We are watching our news, reading our newspapers and posting on our websites. Although we think it is, most of the 'world' is not like us and there are plenty of places where this would barely register (if at all).
Not true of the US as this last election showed and the last 20 years have shown. The White demographic has a plurality but in no way has a majority anymore. In another decade or two only Europe and the former British Dominions will have any claim to white cultural hegemony.

Frankly I'm a little bit offended by the highlighted phrase.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

modskin wrote:The AR-15 isn't a cheap rifle to begin with. Prices are gonna go up as the rush for them gets bigger.
My older brother works at a sporting goods store, he said people rushed out and bought up all the Ar-15's after the shooting and some guy came in and bought thirty Ar-15 thirty round mags! Obviously in anticipation of the Obama crack-down.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Flex wrote:No one teaches blind obedience to power better than your average gun rights supporter. The perfect mix of feigned radicalism wedded to a deep, deep commitment to the continued oppression of the marginalized.
Yeah, the patriot's solution to gun control laws is to hire more people armed with guns at the service of government. Any other day of the week they would call police and law enforcement, government stormtroopers eyeing their guns. I assume they will make a stand against the taxes to pay for their idea and hope everyone has forgotten about Newtown by then.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Bankrobber wrote:
101Walterton wrote:I think you have to take into account that these kids are 'our' demographic. By 'our' I mean the majority of people on here and the majority of people in the societies we live in; white, working / middle class, English speaking, law abiding, educated, living in Christian Western World Countries. We are watching our news, reading our newspapers and posting on our websites. Although we think it is, most of the 'world' is not like us and there are plenty of places where this would barely register (if at all).
Not true of the US as this last election showed and the last 20 years have shown. The White demographic has a plurality but in no way has a majority anymore. In another decade or two only Europe and the former British Dominions will have any claim to white cultural hegemony.

Frankly I'm a little bit offended by the highlighted phrase.
I apologise if you are offeded no offence to anyone was intended (although not sure what offended you). I was making a generalisation to emphasise the point not a statement of fact that the majority of people in America are white, which is why I said "the societies" not countries and 'the majority' not everyone. However if it offended you sorry.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Conor does a pretty thorough job taking the NR-armed insurrection types to task: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... on/266711/
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:Conor does a pretty thorough job taking the NR-armed insurrection types to task: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... on/266711/
Advertisement from that link:
ADVERTISEMENT
Robot Sighting on the NYC Subway
SPONSORED by GE

Flex is clearly spamming!

(Good points made)
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

It'd be more consistent all around if the Constitution said something about the right of white people to be scared of tanned people of all shades, and to do anything that makes them feel more secure. That covers domestic and foreign matters in one amendment.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Thoughts on this?
[youtube][/youtube]

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Chuck Mangione wrote:Thoughts on this?
[youtube][/youtube]
Because he might have sort of been laughing before going up to the microphone?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I didn't watch the video, but if that's the conspiracy bullshit about the father not grieving publicly enough to satisfy the shit-brained lunatic fringe, then fuck them.

The most vulgar and self-absorbed dregs of modern civilization.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Inder wrote:I didn't watch the video, but if that's the conspiracy bullshit about the father not grieving publicly enough to satisfy the shit-brained lunatic fringe, then fuck them.

The most vulgar and self-absorbed dregs of modern civilization.
Those are some pretty strong conclusions they are coming to.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.