Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Election Thread To Talk About The Election

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
14 Oct 2020, 1:53pm
Just saw this on the news...

Takes 6 hours to get astronauts to the ISS.
Takes 8 hours to vote in Georgia (if you're black).
The qualifications expected of black voters are also higher than for astronauts.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

I know not everyone around here likes Biden. He wasn't near the top of my list, either. The possibility of 4 more years of Trump terrifies me, however. Literally.

It appears that things are moving in the right direction for a change in November, but I'm going to be a nervous wreck until then. I want the election to get here now before anything comes along to change things, but I also don't want it to get here because I'm terrified of a comeback Trump win.

I'm doing what I can to pitch in. Phone and text banking to try and turn Wisconsin blue and also lit drops for some local down ticket candidates.

I just don't ever remember feeling this anxious about an election.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Biden is a dumb, establishment jerk who is not going to go anywhere near far enough to save humanity and safeguard basic human rights in the US and especially abroad, but I am praying he beats Trump. I'm obsessively checking polls twice a day.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

My hope—and it is hope, not based on any observable evidence—is that Biden's age offers him some perspective of legacy, that this is the last act of his life, and that that generates a sense of immunity from some of the usual political pressures. Plus quite often the person people think they're getting, or what the election represents, is quite wrong. (I'm participating in a dorky-historians-talk-about-the US-election Zoom thingee with some others for the student history club on election day. We're all supposed to bring a short presentation to the gathering, and I'll be talking about the folly of reading the future in the moment of an election.)

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

It looks like Sasha Baron Cohen as Borat has caught Rudy Giuliani in a compromising position.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

What an odd thing to add—that he has also tucked in his shirt many times. Lest anyone think otherwise.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 8:24pm
What an odd thing to add—that he has also tucked in his shirt many times. Lest anyone think otherwise.
Everything is so damned odd I barely notice odd anymore.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 10:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
And he only went to the hotel room of the pretty young lady and laid down on the bed because he was tired.

Seriously when you look as fucking ghoulish as Guiliani, do you really think this woman would want anything to do with you? He doesn't exactly have a winning personality either.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 7:20am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
And he only went to the hotel room of the pretty young lady and laid down on the bed because he was tired.

Seriously when you look as fucking ghoulish as Guiliani, do you really think this woman would want anything to do with you? He doesn't exactly have a winning personality either.
These are guys who have completely bought into Kissinger's claim that power is the ultimate aphrodisiac. And if that doesn't work, a roofie.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 8:05am
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

These are guys who have completely bought into Kissinger's claim that power is the ultimate aphrodisiac. And if that doesn't work, a roofie.
Yeah perhaps, I just can't relate. Also they should have let Guiliani pull his sorry ass dick out before lowering the boom.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 8:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah perhaps, I just can't relate. Also they should have let Guiliani pull his sorry ass dick out before lowering the boom.
Yeah, I wonder if it was all "oh my god, look what he's doing, we need to take advantage of this now!" or perhaps some kind of fear of things going really bad, or whether they'd be liable. I dunno how the law works with all that.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 9:25am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

Yeah, I wonder if it was all "oh my god, look what he's doing, we need to take advantage of this now!" or perhaps some kind of fear of things going really bad, or whether they'd be liable. I dunno how the law works with all that.
To me he looked like a guy who had been to the Epstein rodeo before. The woman who played Borat's daughter is in her 20s but looks like a teenage kid.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 12:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 9:25am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

To me he looked like a guy who had been to the Epstein rodeo before. The woman who played Borat's daughter is in her 20s but looks like a teenage kid.

Which is why she was cast. I wonder if that casting was about possibly catching these assholes being skeevy.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 8:19pm
It looks like Sasha Baron Cohen as Borat has caught Rudy Giuliani in a compromising position.

Hello,

At least he didn't try to brag about how big his shirttail is.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 8:19pm

Says the guy who has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy