Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Election Thread To Talk About The Election

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Boddington wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 6:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 9:02am
Anyone going to watch the senile monkeys throw poo at each other tonight? I haven't watched a presidential debate since, I think, 2008, but this has all the makings of solid Gervais/Merchant cringe comedy.
I'm going to attempt to do so by watching a twitch stream of folks commenting on the debate rather than directly subject myself to it. I'd probably have a stroke by the midpoint if I listened directly.
The more I think about it, the more I think I'm just going to watch baseball. Unless Trump literally pisses or shits himself, I don't imagine I'll regret not seeing it live.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 6:30pm
Boddington wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Anyone going to watch the senile monkeys throw poo at each other tonight? I haven't watched a presidential debate since, I think, 2008, but this has all the makings of solid Gervais/Merchant cringe comedy.
I'm going to attempt to do so by watching a twitch stream of folks commenting on the debate rather than directly subject myself to it. I'd probably have a stroke by the midpoint if I listened directly.
The more I think about it, the more I think I'm just going to watch baseball. Unless Trump literally pisses or shits himself, I don't imagine I'll regret not seeing it live.
Hello,

I still can't believe we elected this individual. How do people supporting him explain their support?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 7:28pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Boddington wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hello,

I still can't believe we elected this individual. How do people supporting him explain their support?

They hate lib'ruls; he drives lib'ruls bonkers. The politics of resentment is, like, 85% of it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Mimi wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 10:19am
that moldy orange peel.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 8:08pm
Mimi wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 10:19am
that moldy orange peel.
Where is Kaleb these days?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

So the debate was a shit show as expected. The candidates need to agree to be wired to receive a nasty shock when they talk out of turn.

On a positive note the Yankees won and I watched some of that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 8:18am
So the debate was a shit show as expected. The candidates need to agree to be wired to receive a nasty shock when they talk out of turn.
Just kill the guy's mike when it's not their turn and don't use split-screen shots. If they don't want a poo-flinging exercise, don't set up those conditions. But it's set up for sensationalist theatre. I remember how Al Gore was said to have lost his debate with Bush because I rolled his eyes and sighed contemptuously in a reaction shot. They've built it for that kind of nonsense.
2020 is pretty shitty, yeah.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 8:55am
revbob wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 8:18am
Just kill the guy's mike when it's not their turn and don't use split-screen shots. If they don't want a poo-flinging exercise, don't set up those conditions. But it's set up for sensationalist theatre. I remember how Al Gore was said to have lost his debate with Bush because I rolled his eyes and sighed contemptuously in a reaction shot. They've built it for that kind of nonsense.
2020 is pretty shitty, yeah.
Jealous your shitty team didn't make the shitty post season.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Boddington wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hello,

CNN had a group of undecided voters in Ohio that they interviewed after the debate. That any of them still thought DJT was a viable option blew my mind. He's a joke and a complete disaster.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 9:38am
Jealous your shitty team didn't make the shitty post season.
I can't ever complain about the Sox ever again. Good times are good, bad times are okay.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 10:48am
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Boddington wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hello,

CNN had a group of undecided voters in Ohio that they interviewed after the debate. That any of them still thought DJT was a viable option blew my mind. He's a joke and a complete disaster.
How anyone can be undecided even a year ago is evidence of apathy, willful ignorance and or being a complete dimwit all with underlying racist tendencies.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 11:51am
WestwayKid wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Boddington wrote:

Hello,

How anyone can be undecided even a year ago is evidence of apathy, willful ignorance and or being a complete dimwit all with underlying racist tendencies.
They talked to one woman who liked what he had to say, but she didn't like the way he said it. She said she couldn't vote for him because of that. Great, but how about not voting for him because he's a horrible person with horrible ideas??

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 12:28pm
revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

They talked to one woman who liked what he had to say, but she didn't like the way he said it. She said she couldn't vote for him because of that. Great, but how about not voting for him because he's a horrible person with horrible ideas??
And I know this includes people related to me, past friends, coworkers and acquaintances.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

revbob wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 12:41pm
WestwayKid wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 12:28pm
revbob wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
gkbill wrote:

Hello,

And I know this includes people related to me, past friends, coworkers and acquaintances.
Me too. The mental gymnastics they go through to continue supporting him must be exhausting.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 1:01pm
revbob wrote:
30 Sep 2020, 12:41pm
Me too. The mental gymnastics they go through to continue supporting him must be exhausting.
How have previous authoritarian leaders succeeded? They've made people feel important. Like his struggles and victories are theirs, his enemies are theirs, so they're all in it together. It's not about the policies, but the emotion. As long as he can tap that emotional need, they'll follow him regardless of how much he holds them in contempt.