The Election Thread To Talk About The Election

Politics and other such topical creams.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Election Thread To Talk About The Election

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.dolekemp96.org/main.htm

Look, there's still a couple precincts outstanding. They could win this thing yet!

(Caution: server is hosted on rcs's Kaypro behind a .6 baud soup can-and-string modem)

CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Post by CorwoodRep »

Amazing. Where did you find this?
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

You could have gave me a hundred guesses and I wouldn't have remembered Jack Kemp was Dole's running mate. And he was a fucking football player.

My dad told me he sacked Kemp in high school and got penalized for unnecessary roughness and he was fuckin furious at the time, but then years later he was glad cuz it made a better story.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:My dad told me he sacked Kemp in high school and got penalized for unnecessary roughness and he was fuckin furious at the time, but then years later he was glad cuz it made a better story.
That's excellent.

Kemp was dogged by homosexual rumours to the day he died. You think maybe your dad turned him homo with that dirty hit?
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:My dad told me he sacked Kemp in high school and got penalized for unnecessary roughness and he was fuckin furious at the time, but then years later he was glad cuz it made a better story.
That's excellent.

Kemp was dogged by homosexual rumours to the day he died. You think maybe your dad turned him homo with that dirty hit?
He bent him backwards and he liked it.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That's excellent.

He bent him backwards and he liked it.
Your dad was one bad motherfucker.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.dolekemp96.org/main.htm

Look, there's still a couple precincts outstanding. They could win this thing yet!

(Caution: server is hosted on rcs's Kaypro behind a .6 baud soup can-and-string modem)
That site is awesome, but it's also worth pointing out that it's being hosted by 4president.org, which is an organization which - apparently - preserves candidate websites, logos, etc. Still awesome, but it's not like the site just inexplicably survived all these years.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Post by CorwoodRep »

It's still a brilliant time capsule.
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kaleb wrote:It's still a brilliant time capsule.
Oh, for sure. and I actually really like the idea that there's this organization out there, curating campaign websites and stuff.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Flex wrote:
Oh, for sure. and I actually really like the idea that there's this organization out there, curating campaign websites and stuff.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
Remember when Bill Clinton was building a superhighway to the 21st century? Apparently it involved cigars and fellatio.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:Image
I maintain that from a comedic perspective, we all lost on 6 November. Mittens would have been a bumbler of Fordesque proportions. :cry:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Onion ain't sure the horse is really dead: http://www.theonion.com/articles/filthy ... aud,30522/

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

If this doesn't royally piss you off, I don't know what will. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... cting.html
On the surface, it looks as though the American electorate deliberately split power between Democrats and Republicans and created gridlock. House Speaker John Boehner’s rejection of President Obama’s bid to raise income tax rates on the wealthy rests on the continuing Republican majority in the House and the claim that House Republicans won a mandate from American voters in November to keep all the current tax rates in place.

But that’s false. Republicans did not win an electoral mandate. In fact, they lost the popular vote for the House of Representatives. More Americans voted this year for Democratic House candidates than for Republicans and yet the GOP wound up with the House majority. That happened once before—in 1996.

By the Associated Press unofficial vote tally, Democratic candidates for the House won a million more votes than Republicans—56,056,564 to 55,028,230—and yet the Republicans got a House majority, 234 to 201.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

IkarisOne wrote:If this doesn't royally piss you off, I don't know what will. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... cting.html
On the surface, it looks as though the American electorate deliberately split power between Democrats and Republicans and created gridlock. House Speaker John Boehner’s rejection of President Obama’s bid to raise income tax rates on the wealthy rests on the continuing Republican majority in the House and the claim that House Republicans won a mandate from American voters in November to keep all the current tax rates in place.

But that’s false. Republicans did not win an electoral mandate. In fact, they lost the popular vote for the House of Representatives. More Americans voted this year for Democratic House candidates than for Republicans and yet the GOP wound up with the House majority. That happened once before—in 1996.

By the Associated Press unofficial vote tally, Democratic candidates for the House won a million more votes than Republicans—56,056,564 to 55,028,230—and yet the Republicans got a House majority, 234 to 201.
Gerrymandering motherfuckers, all of 'em.

Also: http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/ ... llege.html
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.