Oh, McCain...

Politics and other such topical creams.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: Oh, McCain...

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/01/ ... index.html
"Before, they were excited about her, with the Down syndrome baby," conservative, anti-tax activist Grover Norquist said. "But now with this, they are over the moon. It reinforces the fact that this family lives its pro-life values."
That does it. I'm exercising the opt-out clause in my contract with humanity. . .

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/01/ ... index.html
"Before, they were excited about her, with the Down syndrome baby," conservative, anti-tax activist Grover Norquist said. "But now with this, they are over the moon. It reinforces the fact that this family lives its pro-life values."
That does it. I'm exercising the opt-out clause in my contract with humanity. . .
Grover, please pee in the cup …

(Okay, I apologize in advance for pursuing this unseemly topic further but my jaw just dropped and wondered if others have heard about this. A poster at fivethirtyeight.com says that CNN is reporting that the father is a 26 year old pharmacy student and that he has dated the girl since she was 13 (and he was 23). No arfing way anyone can spin that into something positive. It could kill family values as a talking point for Republicans for several election cycles. I mentioned it to the wife and she said it's the kind of fucked up shit that happens in small town Saskatchewan. Small town Alaska too? If that crap is even remotely true, this election is over and done.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I saw a response in the talkback section of a blog (I don't remember which one -- maybe Gawker?) in which someone actually said that Obama would have aborted Palin's Down-Syndrome baby. I'd like to know #1 how they know this, and #2, why do people equate being pro-choice with being pro-abortion? I don't know if I could ever have an abortion (this is my 37-year-old post-miscarriage self talking though...talk to my 17-year-old self and maybe I would have thought differently) but I am sure as hell not going to tell someone else they couldn't have one.

I think someone mentioned in another thread that McCain must be wanting to sabatoge his bid for the presidency. I can't wait to watch The Daily Show tomorrow night.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:I saw a response in the talkback section of a blog (I don't remember which one -- maybe Gawker?) in which someone actually said that Obama would have aborted Palin's Down-Syndrome baby. I'd like to know #1 how they know this, and #2, why do people equate being pro-choice with being pro-abortion? I don't know if I could ever have an abortion (this is my 37-year-old post-miscarriage self talking though...talk to my 17-year-old self and maybe I would have thought differently) but I am sure as hell not going to tell someone else they couldn't have one.
Exactly. Personally, I couldn't do it. I can't even put down our aged peeing-wherever-he-wants cat. I could never go hunting because I know I'd feel guilt over taking another life. It's not in me. Neither, however, is it in me to remove that option from a person I've never met and whose circumstances I don't know. Few things could ever exceed how personal and difficult a decision like aborting a pregnancy. A friend of mine, for example, had an abortion because they already had a child and were struggling as is and were sure that another mouth to feed would just make a precarious situation for their boy and for them even worse. The decision wasn't made lightly nor was it out of convenience or irresponsibility, as anti-choice people like to argue. That that option must exist, even as you hope the person does not exercise it, is undeniable to me.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Abortions for all!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Inder wrote:I can't believe the attention this is getting in the media/blogland/etc. This is all so peripheral to anything of political relevance. :curses1:
Political relevance is fast becoming a thing of the past :angry: Look good and sound good while not actually saying anything of relevance is the way to win elections, cant wait for Brown V Cameron X(
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Confirmed pic of Daddy:

Awesome. A douchebag in the oven. I wonder if the demon spawn will come out collar pre-popped.
:yuck:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:Confirmed pic of Daddy:

Awesome. A douchebag in the oven. I wonder if the demon spawn will come out collar pre-popped.
:yuck:
At least that kills the 26 year old rumour. So, is a Dave Matthews fan or is he into Christian rock?

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the icing on the cake. . .

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch ... -frin.html

Jefferson Davis Palin has a nice ring to it for a baby name.

Are we done with this VP news enema, please?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

In an effort to shut that dang barn door, Republicans have sent a team of lawyers to Alaska to do some investigating. You really can't make this shit up. :rolleyes:

classof77
Dirty Punk

Post by classof77 »

I'm so proud to be a (US) American....

http://www.marginalrevolution.com/margi ... rah-palin.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

compassionate conservative X(

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Didn't Nixon do that after he won in '72? Demanded everyone in his administration submit their resignations then rehired those he wanted to retain.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

According to today's Washington Post (i.e., Jew-run liberal media and spreader of the Devil's lies), Palin wasn't actually interviewed face-to-face until the day before McCain picked her. Wow. He clinched the nomination back in, what, March? If Obama's process was that poorly handled he'd be (rightfully) crucified by the right wing media for being so sloppy and that it'd be proof that he wasn't up for the job. How that went down isn't a reason to vote for Obama, but it's certainly a reason to question voting for McCain.