Vote Obama!

Politics and other such topical creams.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Vote Obama!

Post by Flex »

I am approximately forty-six years old, though I do not know the exact date of my birth. I am a malice of my tribe, meaning that I am a man of responsibility among my people. One of my brother’s sons, Din Mohammed, whom I was very fond of, was killed by a drone missile on March 17, 2011. He was one of about forty people who died in this strike. Din Mohammed was twenty-five years old when he died. These men were gathered together for a jirga, a gathering of tribal elders to solve disputes. This particular jirga was to solve a disagreement over chromite, a mineral mined in Waziristan. My nephew was attending the jirga because he was involved in the transport and sale of this mineral. My brother, Din Mohammed’s father, arrived at the scene of the strike shortly following the attack. He saw death all around him, and then he found his own son. My brother had to bring his son back home in pieces. That was all that remained of Din Mohammed.
I saw my father about three hours before the drone strike killed him. News of the strike didn’t reach me until later, and I arrived at the location in the evening. When I got off the bus near the bazaar, I immediately saw flames in and around the station. The fires burned for two days straight. I went to where the jirga had been held. There were still people lying around injured. The tribal elders who had been killed could not be identified because there were body parts strewn about. The smell was awful. I just collected the pieces of flesh that I believed belonged to my father and placed them in a small coffin.

The sudden loss of so many elders and leaders in my community has had a tremendous impact. Everyone is now afraid to gather together to hold jirgas and solve our problems. Even if we want to come together to protest the illegal drone strikes, we fear that meeting to discuss how to peacefully protest will put us at risk of being killed by drones.
The first time I saw a drone in the sky was about eight years ago, when I was thirteen. I have counted six or seven drone strikes in my village since the beginning of 2012. There were sixty or seventy primary schools in and around my village, but only a few remain today. Few children attend school because they fear for their lives walking to and from their homes. I am mostly illiterate. I stopped going to school because we were all very afraid that we would be killed. I am twenty-one years old. My time has passed. I cannot learn how to read or write so that I can better my life. But I very much wish my children to grow up without these killer drones hovering above, so that they may get the education and life I was denied.
The men who died in this strike were our leaders; the ones we turned to for all forms of support. We always knew that drone strikes were wrong, that they encroached on Pakistan’s sovereign territory. We knew that innocent civilians had been killed. However, we did not realize how callous and cruel it could be. The community is now plagued with fear. The tribal elders are afraid to gather together in jirgas, as had been our custom for more than a century. The mothers and wives plead with the men not to congregate together. They do not want to lose any more of their husbands, sons, brothers, and nephews. People in the same family now sleep apart because they do not want their togetherness to be viewed suspiciously through the eye of the drone. They do not want to become the next target.
http://www.harpers.org/archive/2012/06/0083923
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Vote Obama!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

You have to admit, tho, Obama's nullified the "weak on defence" Republican talking point by being as bad if not worse than them. That's just smart politics, and all it costs is a bunch of brown people.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

That's just absolutely sickening and heartbreaking.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Ugly stuff. War is awful. I understand why it happens. Generally speaking, rich people from one group (religion, race, or whatever), send their poor to do ghastly things to another group so that they can get richer. I would support a war against this class. I think its the only type of war I could support. *

Does anyone think humanity, or at least a large enough portion of it, will ever realize that a cruel, greedy, a psychopathic power hungry group is guilty of making awful things happen?

The only war I see fit to fit fight is one that is against the power misers and scum that enrich themselves on the backs of others. I think that one can get rich and still be decent, that's ok. People should strive to better their lot, gumption and goals make the world better. But at some point it just becomes score keeping. I want to have a lot of money so I can work when whenever I want and on whatever I want. It the lust for power that needs to be fought. The people that need to be made war with are the ones whose modus operandi is to control other people, to elevate above the masses so they can feel fulfilled.

Anyway, I wrote that on the loo at 4:30 AM. I think the power brokers need a shiv in the side. A decent army should liberate syria and countries like it.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:The snark goes to 11 on this one: http://thenewinquiry.com/essays/drone-court-advantage/
Among other things in the piece: "it’s all too easy to forget that Barack Obama is by far the most liberal president in American history. From permitting gays to serve openly in the military to saying they should even be allowed to get married, the president has deftly tied his most progressive policies to America’s most reactionary institutions." I wouldn't consider Obama more liberal than Eisenhower or possibly Nixon, let alone FDR, Truman, JFK, or LBJ. Amazing what slow, grudging acceptance of the rights of homosexuals will do for a guy's rep. I guess the Right is correct—liberals are only concerned with homosexuals.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Among other things in the piece: "it’s all too easy to forget that Barack Obama is by far the most liberal president in American history. From permitting gays to serve openly in the military to saying they should even be allowed to get married, the president has deftly tied his most progressive policies to America’s most reactionary institutions." I wouldn't consider Obama more liberal than Eisenhower or possibly Nixon, let alone FDR, Truman, JFK, or LBJ. Amazing what slow, grudging acceptance of the rights of homosexuals will do for a guy's rep. I guess the Right is correct—liberals are only concerned with homosexuals.
Not that there wasn't a trend to the right before, but I think a combo of Reagan/Bush and Clinton pretty successfully redefined what it meant to be "liberal" or "center left" in America. The far left edge of acceptable political discourse is now basically Richard Nixon's politics.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Among other things in the piece: "it’s all too easy to forget that Barack Obama is by far the most liberal president in American history. From permitting gays to serve openly in the military to saying they should even be allowed to get married, the president has deftly tied his most progressive policies to America’s most reactionary institutions." I wouldn't consider Obama more liberal than Eisenhower or possibly Nixon, let alone FDR, Truman, JFK, or LBJ. Amazing what slow, grudging acceptance of the rights of homosexuals will do for a guy's rep. I guess the Right is correct—liberals are only concerned with homosexuals.
Not that there wasn't a trend to the right before, but I think a combo of Reagan/Bush and Clinton pretty successfully redefined what it meant to be "liberal" or "center left" in America. The far left edge of acceptable political discourse is now basically Richard Nixon's politics.
Undeniably. Barry Goldwater, who was deemed way too right wing for the general public in '64, would be a moderate Republican today. Hell, he might be regarded as a RINO given his disdain for religion and his principle-over-politics attitude. Buckley, as important a figure as anyone in building the modern right, would similarly be regarded as too liberal, if only for being an intellectual, but again for being driven by principle.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Would this be a subsection to Stalin's observation that what matters is who counts the votes?
http://epic.org/2012/08/white-house-pul ... a-pet.html

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Would this be a subsection to Stalin's observation that what matters is who counts the votes?
http://epic.org/2012/08/white-house-pul ... a-pet.html
The Most Transparent Administration Ever.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Man, those Republicans hate dissent and protest and … oh.
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/44956

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Vote Obama. I've just put fifty quid on the fucker.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Obama: 'Help Us Destroy Jesus And Start A New Age Of Liberal Darkness'

CHARLOTTE, NC—With the savage roar of the heathen Democratic horde rising all around him, President Barack Obama delivered an incendiary speech to close his party’s national convention Thursday night, commanding the ultraprogressive minions in attendance to help him “destroy Jesus and usher in a new age of liberal darkness that shall reign o’er the earth for a thousand years.”

The thunderous 45-minute address—during which the president argued for a second term so that he could “finally kill Jesus once and for all, as well as all those who worship him”—was well received by the frenzied, wild-eyed audience, whose piercing chants of “Four more years!” and “Slaughter the believers!” echoed throughout the Time Warner Cable Arena.

“My fellow Americans and godless infidels, I command you to join me as we cast an endless pall of far-left evil across the hills and valleys of our nation!” Obama bellowed from the stage, as thousands in attendance moaned in compliance and gyrated their hips and groins in a lascivious dance. “Together, as a barbarian people forged by the wicked flames of irreligiosity and united by visions of a liberal dystopia, we will rise up as one to scorch the earth with boundless amorality.”

“The streets shall run red with the blood of forced sodomy, performed daily upon every American man, woman, and child!” the commander-in-chief shouted, froth forming around his mouth as the crowd threw hundreds of aborted fetuses onto the stage. “Die, Christians, die!”

Slamming his fists on the lectern until his hands began to bleed, Obama proceeded to lay out a “three-point plan of sin and lechery” for his second term. If reelected, the president said, he would begin by banning organized religion entirely—starting with Christianity—and burning all churches to the ground, preferably “with their wretched, Jesus-loving congregants still huddled inside like rats.”

As members of the audience violently tugged at their genitals and howled like sex-starved, atheist wolves, Obama stated that his administration would then seek to make free, taxpayer-funded abortions legal at any stage of pregnancy, even up to one full year after birth, in order to supply his newly created “federal stem-cell harvesting plants” with raw materials.

In addition, the cackling president vowed to “end traditional marriage as we know it” by passing legislation that would allow only homosexuals to raise children, a longtime Democratic policy goal.

“A glorious new age of sinister, unconstrained liberalism is dawning! Oh, dear Satan, I can feel it coursing through my veins at this very moment!” shrieked Obama, ripping off his shirt to reveal an ornate tattoo of a pentagram, with a different homosexual act positioned at each of the star’s five points. “Agnosticism, contempt for human life, and radical sexual experimentation shall rule the day! Any good, virtuous, family-values-oriented Christian Americans who seek to topple our magnificent liberal kingdom of eternal darkness will be powerless to stop us! We will crush them!”

Added Obama, “Thank you, may Satan reward you all, and may God tremble in fear at the United States of America!”

The president was then handed an unbaptized, orphaned newborn baby drenched in the blood of 666 slaughtered Christians, which he handed over to its new, gleefully squealing homosexual parents.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/obama- ... -of,29478/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Where's that site that shows people who are too dumb to recognise the Onion isn't satire? I'd like to sit there for th next few days.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:Where's that site that shows people who are too dumb to recognise the Onion isn't satire? I'd like to sit there for th next few days.
foxnews.com? freerepublic.com?

edit: It's actually this: http://literallyunbelievable.org/