The Rich Aren't Like You and Me

Politics and other such topical creams.
Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Rich Aren't Like You and Me

Post by Purple Hayes »

Rat Patrol wrote:Well, this was inevitable. . .

http://www.salon.com/2014/03/27/tigers_ ... _powerful/

Hyena not fairing too well in the picture, bit of a slur on Hyena's I'd say, bad press as usual for those dudes
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

It would be unfair for him to be locked up with a guy doing ten years for selling pot. That's not the kind society America aspires to be.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

a 30-year-old yoga enthusiast
Exactly how I would've envisioned a 30-year-old hedge fund manager's kid willing to kill over his allowance.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

The fact his sole descriptor isn't even a guy with a job but just a guy who likes something is making my brain explode.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

This pretty much checks off every stereotype:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/04/entertain ... index.html
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:This pretty much checks off every stereotype:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/04/entertain ... index.html
If convicted, Hilton could face up to 20 years in prison, authorities said.
I'd like to bet everything I own on the way way way way under. Hell, I might take the under on "slap on the wrist."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Image
Fuck the 0.001 Percent!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realesta ... cid=HPCDHP

My pacifism is struggling deeply with my desire that these people die in a fire.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.businessinsider.com/posh-peo ... end-2018-5

That's it...I'm taking a lethal amount of bat feces-laced PCP and fighting off 50 cops with tasers with my bare hands just for the spite of it all. :angry:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
17 May 2018, 9:46pm
http://www.businessinsider.com/posh-peo ... end-2018-5

That's it...I'm taking a lethal amount of bat feces-laced PCP and fighting off 50 cops with tasers with my bare hands just for the spite of it all. :angry:
Back in the early days of LSD, it was mostly connected to CIA researchers and the very well connected. One richy rich—I'm thinking it was Clare Boothe Luce—declared the wonders of the drug by saying it was too good for poor people. Drugs are always bad except for those who have proven their superiority thru the morality of the market.