Ass-Ass Inations

Politics and other such topical creams.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Ass-Ass Inations

Post by Rat Patrol »

Out Descent Into Full-retard Banana Republic discussion continued from here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31&start=18780#p227512

. . .

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Ass-Ass Inations

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Call me cynical, but I'm going to say that it's spun by the round-the-clock media as proof that America is scared and upset by what Obama is doing. Yes, his actions are reprehensible, but if Obama weren't so terrifying, people wouldn't go to such lengths.

I'm slooooowwwly reading Rick Perlstein's Before the Storm, about Barry Goldwater's presidential run, and after JFK's death, it was understood that Goldwater's chances died with him. Partly because he'd have a harder time against LBJ (as opposed to the Boston commie), but now it was tougher to dissociate Goldwater's arch-right wing positions from the Bircher nuts who regularly called for Kennedy's death. Even the frame up of Oswald as Commie nut didn't fully clear Goldwaterism.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Oh, shit...the shooter's got YouTube videos with a manifesto. Disgruntled military recruit. Says the gov't has perverted the constitution. Wants to return to the Gold Standard. And a whole lot of other rambles.

Fox is reading an excerpt from it, because they say they haven't even had time to look at the videos and vette for on-air. But it's coming. And it's gonna be an ideological freakshow.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

I'm not gonna post it here for obvious reasons, but I found this guy's YouTube channel. Chilling levels of crazy here. He seems to have some sort of OCD about logical mathematical arguments (not in the shouting-match sense, but the if/then sense), is obsessed with mind control and the government's pervasive use of brainwashing...especially on grammar and literacy. And extends the logical argument from there to 1) why believe in paper currency, 2) why believe in government control of land, 3) why believe we have to accept treasonous laws when the constitution doesn't state it, and 4) why the government is dabbling in religion. Argument being, these are only possible if you're illiterate...illiteracy = brainwashing. And people (and he makes specific mention of himself, which is why these videos are probably a smoking gun) are labeled terrorists because they're illiterate.

Or, at least, that's the gist of it. It was so warped by tenuous hold on reality that not a whole lot of it made sense. Had to keep rewinding back to the words on screen to even follow the logic. I'll say we either don't know the full story of where he falls ideologically, and it seems he intentionally rejects the labels and doesn't fit neatly into any category (may even be extreme radical left, but recognize that at the edges of that spectrum the spectrum warps its own spacetime so furthest-possible-left and furthest-possible-right almost touch and become the same). But then again, there's probably a lot more writings to be found if he went to this kind of trouble. The literacy argument is definitely a curveball that doesn't fit the usual-suspect factions across the spectrum, although who knows what that metaphor is actually non-linearly representing here.

My take: it's the worst possible scenario for imaginations to run wild. There is a clear political angle, but it's dense and atypical-for-labeling. And clouded in an utterly insane mind that your unthinking, zero-sum masses of angry can appropriate it to almost any means with almost no chance of even processing a Cliffs Notes version of what argument he's actually making. And will drive both sides off the deep end. And will galvanize some of the McVeigh-type domestic terrorists and who the gov't has only kept in check by the skin of its teeth the last 15 years. I do think most likely explanation is going to be that he's completely, utterly fucked in the head and a lone-wolf. But he's spilled all the fuel anyone's going to need.

Fun times!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I watched/read a bit of syllogism-y stuff—he's definitely a nut. The Tangerine Dream-like soundtrack gave it an extra creepy feel.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Watching a little more...definite atheist. Appears there's at least a little bit of abstract communism in there, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too muddled to tell and certainly nowhere near that simplistic. Definite literalist about Constitutional interpretation, but atypical in execution (atheism and extreme skepticism of "brainwashing" interpretation of laws is a different universe from, say, Bible literalists subscribing to literalist interpretation of the Constitution). Clearly against the military from his own experiences. And this gold standard stuff is another atypical one...sorta fits in with the literalist Constitution interpretation (i.e. overreaching "paper" is as meaningless as overreaching law, and predicated on brainwashing...only literal metal-backed money can anchor a reality economy). I guess. :huh:

Strikes me as a little more libertarian strain, although not even gonna pretend that label fits. That's a little more consistent with the militia types, but there is so much crazy here that psychological insanity is the only single factor beyond doubt. It's the host of secondary factors that the rest of the world is going to feast on. And boy oh boy is there enough here to arm every side of a holy ideological war.

EDIT: Myspace wasted no time taking down his profile, but the screenshots virally circulating have a lot of violence-against-gov't imagery. So, no, he didn't wake up on the crazy side of the bed this morning, hear that Giffords was going to be at Safeway, and decide to make himself famous today. At minimum he was very powerfully compelled to pounce on the first convenient opportunity to present itself locally. Even if there wasn't a conspiracy per-se to take out Giffords at this specific event (which is the kind of mundane event that frequently happens without more than quick prep and a few days' notice).
Last edited by Rat Patrol on 08 Jan 2011, 6:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Rat Patrol wrote:Watching a little more...definite atheist. Appears there's at least a little bit of abstract communism in there, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too muddled to tell and certainly nowhere near that simplistic. Definite literalist about Constitutional interpretation, but atypical in execution (atheism and extreme skepticism of "brainwashing" interpretation of laws is a different universe from, say, Bible literalists subscribing to literalist interpretation of the Constitution). Clearly against the military from his own experiences. And this gold standard stuff is another atypical one...sorta fits in with the literalist Constitution interpretation (i.e. overreaching "paper" is as meaningless as overreaching law, and predicated on brainwashing...only literal metal-backed money can anchor a reality economy). I guess. :huh:

Strikes me as a little more libertarian strain, although not even gonna pretend that label fits. That's a little more consistent with the militia types, but there is so much crazy here that psychological insanity is the only single factor beyond doubt. It's the host of secondary factors that the rest of the world is going to feast on. And boy oh boy is there enough here to arm every side of a holy ideological war.
On his youtube page he cites both The Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf as favorite books. He's sort of a rosetta stone of political scapegoats.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:Strikes me as a little more libertarian strain, although not even gonna pretend that label fits. That's a little more consistent with the militia types, but there is so much crazy here that psychological insanity is the only single factor beyond doubt. It's the host of secondary factors that the rest of the world is going to feast on. And boy oh boy is there enough here to arm every side of a holy ideological war.
How does he feel about this board's name change …? :shifty:

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:Watching a little more...definite atheist. Appears there's at least a little bit of abstract communism in there, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too muddled to tell and certainly nowhere near that simplistic. Definite literalist about Constitutional interpretation, but atypical in execution (atheism and extreme skepticism of "brainwashing" interpretation of laws is a different universe from, say, Bible literalists subscribing to literalist interpretation of the Constitution). Clearly against the military from his own experiences. And this gold standard stuff is another atypical one...sorta fits in with the literalist Constitution interpretation (i.e. overreaching "paper" is as meaningless as overreaching law, and predicated on brainwashing...only literal metal-backed money can anchor a reality economy). I guess. :huh:

On his youtube page he cites both The Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf as favorite books. He's sort of a rosetta stone of political scapegoats.
Godwin's Law, you magnificent bastard.

And, of course...

a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

arsebundren77
Junco Partner

Post by arsebundren77 »

Uh huh.. some seriously fucked up logic at work with this dude. He seems to have trouble distinguishing grammatical sense from logical sense, which I suppose is the least of his problems at the moment.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.frumforum.com/did-pot-trigge ... s-shooting

Oh FFS...reefer madness? Sure, why not pin Drug War escalation to that donkey. You can't fail a Rorschach Test by making shit up to it fitting your prefab agenda...only get deemed clinically insane. And thank fuck for our enlightened political operatives taking all the stigma out of being completely, utterly, unrepentantly crazy.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.frumforum.com/did-pot-trigge ... s-shooting

Oh FFS...reefer madness? Sure, why not pin Drug War escalation to that donkey. You can't fail a Rorschach Test by making shit up to it fitting your prefab agenda...only get deemed clinically insane. And thank fuck for our enlightened political operatives taking all the stigma out of being completely, utterly, unrepentantly crazy.
Do they honestly think that a pothead would even be motivated enough to shut of the Phish, get off the sofa and do something like this?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.frumforum.com/did-pot-trigge ... s-shooting

Sounds like someone is angling for Most Inane Analysis of the Year. Sadly, as amazing as this is, so early in the new year, it'll be forgotten by December.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

If Fred Phelps were killed by rabid spider monkeys, it seems that these shitstains would protest his funeral. Other than the judge and, possibly the aide, the victims were complete innocents, with no impact on politics or policy. Beyond tasteless to draw them into their hate rituals.