The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71137
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Aug 2016, 5:39am

Rat Patrol wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... -suspected

God Particle, my tinfoil-covered ass! :angry:
It's a false flag, distracting us from how Obama's, I dunno, stealing the election?
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71137
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 03 Oct 2016, 5:56pm

Y'know, when I was a kid, there was all kinds of shit about the Bermuda Triangle—cheap tv documentaries, quickie books at the drug store, variations on shows like the Six Million Dollar Man. And now? Zilch. Did the Triangle just get safer or has the conspiracy moved on to a new, more sinister stage?
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14580
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Rat Patrol » 03 Oct 2016, 6:12pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:Y'know, when I was a kid, there was all kinds of shit about the Bermuda Triangle—cheap tv documentaries, quickie books at the drug store, variations on shows like the Six Million Dollar Man. And now? Zilch. Did the Triangle just get safer or has the conspiracy moved on to a new, more sinister stage?
The opening of diplomatic relations with Cuba revealed that Amelia Earhart died of natural causes in 2001 at age 103 in her defected home of Havana with her six surviving grandchildren and eighteen great-grandchildren at her side. The CIA called off the search right then and ordered all incriminating paperbacks on the $2 shelf in used bookstores burned.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71137
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 03 Oct 2016, 6:22pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Y'know, when I was a kid, there was all kinds of shit about the Bermuda Triangle—cheap tv documentaries, quickie books at the drug store, variations on shows like the Six Million Dollar Man. And now? Zilch. Did the Triangle just get safer or has the conspiracy moved on to a new, more sinister stage?
The opening of diplomatic relations with Cuba revealed that Amelia Earhart died of natural causes in 2001 at age 103 in her defected home of Havana with her six surviving grandchildren and eighteen great-grandchildren at her side. The CIA called off the search right then and ordered all incriminating paperbacks on the $2 shelf in used bookstores burned.
The flaw in your theory is that it doesn't explain the Cult of Isis and the "shooting" at Sandy Hook.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71137
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Nov 2016, 7:39am

http://io9.gizmodo.com/artists-and-cons ... 1788680117

Yeah, they just want me to colour because pencil crayons are treated with mind-controlling chemicals released when used.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71137
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Feb 2017, 11:44am

Yesterday I watched Adam Curtis' documentary Hypernormalisation, an expansive reconception of false consciousness that argues/rambles that reality can no longer be apprehended because of … well, lots of stuff that's happened behind the scenes since the mid-70s. Honestly, I can't easily describe the thesis because it has so many moving parts that are so disparate—seemingly disparate, to those who know—and that's why it doesn't persuade. It's a lot like the good ol' days of Deep Clash Theory. CK would present pieces of sensible argument but then link things up in such a way to make the sane just shake their heads. There are useful elements and ideas in Curtis' work, but by yoking them as some kind of hidden metanarrative, it just comes off as flaky.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12595
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Silent Majority » 13 Feb 2017, 11:46am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 11:44am
Yesterday I watched Adam Curtis' documentary Hypernormalisation, an expansive reconception of false consciousness that argues/rambles that reality can no longer be apprehended because of … well, lots of stuff that's happened behind the scenes since the mid-70s. Honestly, I can't easily describe the thesis because it has so many moving parts that are so disparate—seemingly disparate, to those who know—and that's why it doesn't persuade. It's a lot like the good ol' days of Deep Clash Theory. CK would present pieces of sensible argument but then link things up in such a way to make the sane just shake their heads. There are useful elements and ideas in Curtis' work, but by yoking them as some kind of hidden metanarrative, it just comes off as flaky.
Don't care for his work at all.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71137
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Feb 2017, 11:56am

Silent Majority wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 11:46am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 11:44am
Yesterday I watched Adam Curtis' documentary Hypernormalisation, an expansive reconception of false consciousness that argues/rambles that reality can no longer be apprehended because of … well, lots of stuff that's happened behind the scenes since the mid-70s. Honestly, I can't easily describe the thesis because it has so many moving parts that are so disparate—seemingly disparate, to those who know—and that's why it doesn't persuade. It's a lot like the good ol' days of Deep Clash Theory. CK would present pieces of sensible argument but then link things up in such a way to make the sane just shake their heads. There are useful elements and ideas in Curtis' work, but by yoking them as some kind of hidden metanarrative, it just comes off as flaky.
Don't care for his work at all.
Like most (all?) conspiracy theories that operate on a large scale, it demands total skepticism of conventional truth and total credulity of this unconventional truth.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12595
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Silent Majority » 13 Feb 2017, 11:59am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 11:56am
Silent Majority wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 11:46am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 11:44am
Yesterday I watched Adam Curtis' documentary Hypernormalisation, an expansive reconception of false consciousness that argues/rambles that reality can no longer be apprehended because of … well, lots of stuff that's happened behind the scenes since the mid-70s. Honestly, I can't easily describe the thesis because it has so many moving parts that are so disparate—seemingly disparate, to those who know—and that's why it doesn't persuade. It's a lot like the good ol' days of Deep Clash Theory. CK would present pieces of sensible argument but then link things up in such a way to make the sane just shake their heads. There are useful elements and ideas in Curtis' work, but by yoking them as some kind of hidden metanarrative, it just comes off as flaky.
Don't care for his work at all.
Like most (all?) conspiracy theories that operate on a large scale, it demands total skepticism of conventional truth and total credulity of this unconventional truth.
*video footage of Mussolini*
*vintage Ronald McDonald advert*
Beard stroking nerd: Yes, yes, I see.
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71137
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Feb 2017, 12:02pm

Silent Majority wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 11:59am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 11:56am
Silent Majority wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 11:46am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Feb 2017, 11:44am
Yesterday I watched Adam Curtis' documentary Hypernormalisation, an expansive reconception of false consciousness that argues/rambles that reality can no longer be apprehended because of … well, lots of stuff that's happened behind the scenes since the mid-70s. Honestly, I can't easily describe the thesis because it has so many moving parts that are so disparate—seemingly disparate, to those who know—and that's why it doesn't persuade. It's a lot like the good ol' days of Deep Clash Theory. CK would present pieces of sensible argument but then link things up in such a way to make the sane just shake their heads. There are useful elements and ideas in Curtis' work, but by yoking them as some kind of hidden metanarrative, it just comes off as flaky.
Don't care for his work at all.
Like most (all?) conspiracy theories that operate on a large scale, it demands total skepticism of conventional truth and total credulity of this unconventional truth.
*video footage of Mussolini*
*vintage Ronald McDonald advert*
Beard stroking nerd: Yes, yes, I see.
To the Internets!
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71137
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 25 Feb 2017, 7:00pm

Watching a series called Conspiracies on Netflix and the first one is the old chestnut on Hitler surviving the bunker. One of the promoters of this idea is a "renegade historian" (I have no idea how historians become renegades, short of robbing banks, but whatever) named Douglas Dietrich. Googling him results in:
Image

The website is worth a casual glance. Stuff about time travel and secret CIA files about, well, everything you can think of.
http://www.dddietrich.com/index.html
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6854
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by BostonBeaneater » 25 Feb 2017, 9:01pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 7:00pm
Watching a series called Conspiracies on Netflix and the first one is the old chestnut on Hitler surviving the bunker. One of the promoters of this idea is a "renegade historian" (I have no idea how historians become renegades, short of robbing banks, but whatever) named Douglas Dietrich. Googling him results in:
Image

The website is worth a casual glance. Stuff about time travel and secret CIA files about, well, everything you can think of.
http://www.dddietrich.com/index.html
He looks like he gets off on dwarfs fucking pastry.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71137
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Apr 2017, 6:17pm

Image
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14580
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by Rat Patrol » 18 Apr 2017, 12:26am

https://www.salon.com/2017/04/17/he-is- ... -a-nutjob/

Double false flag! No...quintuple with a pinkie swear!
Image

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15383
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Ripe for Runaway Conspiracy Theory Thread

Post by JennyB » 18 Apr 2017, 11:02am

Rat Patrol wrote:
18 Apr 2017, 12:26am
https://www.salon.com/2017/04/17/he-is- ... -a-nutjob/

Double false flag! No...quintuple with a pinkie swear!
He may think this is hilarious, but he has ruined lives.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests