Republicans = Party of "No"
Dems = Hey, we're not Republicans
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Not to beat the Fisher drum too much, but the Democrats' approach is the cynical capitalist realism that he wrote about. Their argument is that there's no real choice—the armageddon of Trump or us, representing what was the status quo. You'll come back to us, on our terms, once you realize the gross error that's been made. What's being resisted is the need to address a plethora of crises—civic, economic, environmental, political, legal—in favour of a stern parent waiting out an errant adolescent gone off with the wrong crowd.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jul 2017, 9:28am
Not to beat the Fisher drum too much, but the Democrats' approach is the cynical capitalist realism that he wrote about. Their argument is that there's no real choice—the armageddon of Trump or us, representing what was the status quo. You'll come back to us, on our terms, once you realize the gross error that's been made. What's being resisted is the need to address a plethora of crises—civic, economic, environmental, political, legal—in favour of a stern parent waiting out an errant adolescent gone off with the wrong crowd.
If there's one thing I know for sure about the American people, it's that they've always loved being condescended to by know it all eggheads.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
06 Jul 2017, 9:50am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jul 2017, 9:28am
If there's one thing I know for sure about the American people, it's that they've always loved being condescended to by know it all eggheads.
Being condescended to by celebrities, tho, that's another thing altogether.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jul 2017, 8:24am
Oh lord. I don't know if I've read or heard of anything—at all—of real substance backing this whole resist stuff. It's indistinguishable from putting magnetic yellow "support the troops" ribbons on one's car. Anyone who claims to be part of this resistance is obliged to explain what they've sacrificed for the effort (not to mention the actual effort).
Lots of keyboard resisters in my twitter feed.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 9:32am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Oh lord. I don't know if I've read or heard of anything—at all—of real substance backing this whole resist stuff. It's indistinguishable from putting magnetic yellow "support the troops" ribbons on one's car. Anyone who claims to be part of this resistance is obliged to explain what they've sacrificed for the effort (not to mention the actual effort).
It's been said by others that Marx changed the world while sitting in the British Library. That's the exception to the rule, not the norm, keyboard insurgents.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 9:58am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It's been said by others that Marx changed the world while sitting in the British Library. That's the exception to the rule, not the norm, keyboard insurgents.
I mean, I do my fair share of ranting and raving on Twitter, but I actually also work at an advocacy organization and do a lot in my spare time. And I still suck. Especially since I am a fish killer.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 10:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I mean, I do my fair share of ranting and raving on Twitter, but I actually also work at an advocacy organization and do a lot in my spare time. And I still suck. Especially since I am a fish killer.
Those fish would probably have had an oxycontin addiction and watch NASCAR, so Democrats wouldn't want them anyway. You done good.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 10:24am
JennyB wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 10:07am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Those fish would probably have had an oxycontin addiction and watch NASCAR, so Democrats wouldn't want them anyway. You done good.
They did live in the 'Jortsville...
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Pretty much how Jefferson, Franklin, and Madison planned it out.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 8:03am

The timing of this move simply proves that the Beaner vote is the new "soccer moms". :idea:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 8:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 8:03am

The timing of this move simply proves that the Beaner vote is the new "soccer moms". :idea:
Even beyond how good BBE looks in mom jeans?

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

I just noticed the Baha Men tape and karaoke setup in the back. Was that photoshopped? I mean, I know Mitt's history with the Baha Men:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 10:44am
I just noticed the Baha Men tape and karaoke setup in the back. Was that photoshopped? I mean, I know Mitt's history with the Baha Men:
Who put the dog in a crate on top of the fucking car? You you you.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
13 Jul 2017, 10:44am
Wait, what was Romney's history with the Baha Men?
Got a Rake? Sure!