The Dictator observations thread.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Dictator observations thread.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I should have added that the chief who wrote that was 26 years old, having somewhat recently graduated with a college degree (one of the first of his band to do so, given that First Nations peoples were wards of the state until the mid-60s). So some real young person snarl at work, too.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 6:53pm
The Boss just shared this with me. It's part of a 1975 letter from a First Nations chief in northern Ontario to a company that was seeking to build a pipeline that would have gone thru a reserve: "You are like the Pentagon, Mr. Blair, planning the slaughter of innocent Vietnamese. Don't tell me you are not responsible. You are the 20th-century General Custer. You are coming with your troops to slaughter us and steal land that is rightfully ours. You are coming to destroy a people that have a history of 30,000 years. Why? For 20 years of gas? Are you really that insane?"

You can really see the Red Power influence there, of forcefully speaking back to a white authority in a way that would have been unheard of a decade earlier.
Love it!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 6:53pm
The Boss just shared this with me. It's part of a 1975 letter from a First Nations chief in northern Ontario to a company that was seeking to build a pipeline that would have gone thru a reserve: "You are like the Pentagon, Mr. Blair, planning the slaughter of innocent Vietnamese. Don't tell me you are not responsible. You are the 20th-century General Custer. You are coming with your troops to slaughter us and steal land that is rightfully ours. You are coming to destroy a people that have a history of 30,000 years. Why? For 20 years of gas? Are you really that insane?"

You can really see the Red Power influence there, of forcefully speaking back to a white authority in a way that would have been unheard of a decade earlier.
Fantastic.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Letter.jpg
My grandfather was a local honcho with the Machinists Union (IAM) and was always actively involved in Democratic politics in Wisconsin. I came across this letter while digging through a box of his political mementos.

Some context for the letter. My grandpa was involved with coordinating HHH's visit to Milwaukee for the 1972 Wisconsin Primary. HHH lost the 1972 Wisconsin Primary to George McGovern (as well as getting fewer votes than George Wallace). My grandfather (with my then 15 year old uncle in toe) had a pass to visit HHH's room the night of the primary, but was barred by security (I'm not sure if the Secret Service was yet protecting candidates - I thought that came in the wake of the Wallace assassination attempt in May 1972). HHH later came down to their room and hung out.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 12:43pm
Letter.jpg

My grandfather was a local honcho with the Machinists Union (IAM) and was always actively involved in Democratic politics in Wisconsin. I came across this letter while digging through a box of his political mementos.

Some context for the letter. My grandpa was involved with coordinating HHH's visit to Milwaukee for the 1972 Wisconsin Primary. HHH lost the 1972 Wisconsin Primary to George McGovern (as well as getting fewer votes than George Wallace). My grandfather (with my then 15 year old uncle in toe) had a pass to visit HHH's room the night of the primary, but was barred by security (I'm not sure if the Secret Service was yet protecting candidates - I thought that came in the wake of the Wallace assassination attempt in May 1972). HHH later came down to their room and hung out.
That's a neat memento. Humphrey was a classic case of a politician who became worse the higher up he got. He went from a very progressive mayor and champion of civil rights and then going to the senate, vice presidency, and presidential candidate part of the rot of post-war liberalism.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

WestwayKid wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 12:43pm
Letter.jpg

Amazing find and great story. I'd frame it to protect it and pass along to future generations.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Chaya Raichik finds out there's something inevitable about hanging out with Nazis …
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/3 ... ing-Jewish

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I think the basic timeline is she beclowned herself so badly in an interview with a WaPo reporter (can't remember name off the top of my head, but she's internet famous for also being a clown but from a different angle) that all her nazi friends suddenly remembered she's Jewish.

Addendum: the report was Taylor Lorenz, a total goofball. Which makes it all funnier that she triggered all LoTT's nazi friends to disown her.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

It's striking how many of these bozos don't understand the difference between an alliance and strange bedfellows.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has recently approached the N.F.L. quarterback Aaron Rodgers and the former Minnesota governor and retired professional wrestler Jesse Ventura about serving as his running mate on an independent presidential ticket.

Both have welcomed the overtures, people familiar with the discussions said. →

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 6:05pm
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has recently approached the N.F.L. quarterback Aaron Rodgers and the former Minnesota governor and retired professional wrestler Jesse Ventura about serving as his running mate on an independent presidential ticket.

Think big, Bobby Jr! Think one of the Big Bang Theories!

Flex

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:

An rfk/Rodgers ticket is designed to make my brain explode.

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 6:41pm
revbob wrote:

Dicky is pissed he wasn't even asked

Flex

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 7:56pm
Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:

Dicky is pissed he wasn't even asked
He ain't got the juice

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:

I'm so glad that clown is gone from my beloved Packers. Also, the moment that story broke I hope he got a phone call from the GM of the Jets asking him WTF? Doesn't he have a football season to get ready for? I think current GB QB Jordan Love is a really good kid and I hope he has a successful career just because of that ... but I also hope he wins a couple of Super Bowls just to upstage Rodgers.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble