Police Misconduct: Tracked

Politics and other such topical creams.
Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14581
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Rat Patrol » 24 Oct 2013, 4:46pm

Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Oct 2013, 4:54pm

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.davisenterprise.com/local-ne ... niversity/

Police Misconduct: It Pays! X(
Awful person hates being called awful, gets compensated. What a country!
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19928
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by matedog » 24 Oct 2013, 5:01pm

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.davisenterprise.com/local-ne ... niversity/

Police Misconduct: It Pays! X(
Being an alum, my fb has lit up about this. Pretty awful. Maybe the general outrage will result in something good.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 12603
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Silent Majority » 07 Nov 2013, 8:39pm

Why wouldn't you do what a police officer says? People may disagree or hate me for saying it, but in all my experiences, simply following what a cop says typically works out. I hate to hear people label cops as fascists or assholes. Some cops do love the power trip. But it's only "some" cops. The large majority care about people much more than the job and go to work every day wanting to help people
http://gawker.com/dad-calls-cops-on-son ... 1460159897
'But also: hey dude, you can just go looking for more glasses. They're all free now. '

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14581
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Rat Patrol » 07 Nov 2013, 8:59pm

Silent Majority wrote:
Why wouldn't you do what a police officer says? People may disagree or hate me for saying it, but in all my experiences, simply following what a cop says typically works out. I hate to hear people label cops as fascists or assholes. Some cops do love the power trip. But it's only "some" cops. The large majority care about people much more than the job and go to work every day wanting to help people
http://gawker.com/dad-calls-cops-on-son ... 1460159897
http://www.salon.com/2013/11/06/standin ... ghborhood/
Image

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25036
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Flex » 07 Nov 2013, 9:31pm

I'll say this: having to oversee a police department (not directly, but we approve the budget, hire the police chief, and manage guy who manages the police chief on a daily basis) for the last couple years hasn't particularly improved my opinion of cops at all.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15393
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by JennyB » 08 Nov 2013, 12:56pm

Flex wrote:I'll say this: having to oversee a police department (not directly, but we approve the budget, hire the police chief, and manage guy who manages the police chief on a daily basis) for the last couple years hasn't particularly improved my opinion of cops at all.
How much is their donut budget?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla » 23 Feb 2014, 10:34am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the- ... -courtesy/

Not that any of this is a surprise, but it belies the defence of "just a few bad apples."
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49247
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Wolter » 23 Feb 2014, 11:46am

Dr. Medulla wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the- ... -courtesy/

Not that any of this is a surprise, but it belies the defence of "just a few bad apples."
Seriously. At what point do we start graphing this "anecdotal evidence" and just call them statistics?
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla » 23 Feb 2014, 1:56pm

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the- ... -courtesy/

Not that any of this is a surprise, but it belies the defence of "just a few bad apples."
Seriously. At what point do we start graphing this "anecdotal evidence" and just call them statistics?
Around the same time that white males get profiled as being at higher risk for spree killing.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 19928
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by matedog » 22 Apr 2014, 7:05pm

Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Apr 2014, 7:12pm

One of the things that continue to give me hope is examples like these that show how incompetently arrogant institutions of power are. Come on, show us you love us and do the propaganda work for us. Oh crap, we don't have absolute control over this.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14581
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Rat Patrol » 22 Apr 2014, 7:22pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
One of the things that continue to give me hope is examples like these that show how incompetently arrogant institutions of power are. Come on, show us you love us and do the propaganda work for us. Oh crap, we don't have absolute control over this.
I'll say it again: in a question of stupid vs. evil, always put your money on it being stupid first.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla » 22 Apr 2014, 7:28pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
One of the things that continue to give me hope is examples like these that show how incompetently arrogant institutions of power are. Come on, show us you love us and do the propaganda work for us. Oh crap, we don't have absolute control over this.
I'll say it again: in a question of stupid vs. evil, always put your money on it being stupid first.
Yup. And the thing that keeps them in power is that, for the most part, we can be just as stupid.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71183
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 May 2014, 9:13am

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2014/ ... _idea.html

A perfect response to those who say, "If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear."
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests