Police Misconduct: Tracked

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 May 2016, 3:22pm

matedog wrote:My brother in law firmly is on board with this: http://pitchfork.com/news/65353-beyonce ... by-police/
Modern cops are total pussies. Complete fucking fraidy cats. We're scared of mean old songs! We're scared of and need to shoot kids! We can't go out without body armour because the world is so terrifying. Every cop you see is quaking in fear of the world.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14573
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Rat Patrol » 08 Jul 2016, 5:34am

Only in this country could we get a sequence of events like hell day yesterday, and have the end result be the nullification of hard-earned awareness of police brutality against the black community and a reinforcing shot of hagiography for the sanctity of The Badge.

Fuck this terrible planet and slingshot me into the sun. Image
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Jul 2016, 6:06am

Christ, what a thing to wake to this morning. As has often been said, it's remarkable that, considering their history in America, black people only want equality and not revenge. This kind of attack is awful, but, all things considered, not surprising. It's just going to invite more violence, but it's not like that was otherwise declining.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15369
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by JennyB » 08 Jul 2016, 9:21am

Dr. Medulla wrote:Christ, what a thing to wake to this morning. As has often been said, it's remarkable that, considering their history in America, black people only want equality and not revenge. This kind of attack is awful, but, all things considered, not surprising. It's just going to invite more violence, but it's not like that was otherwise declining.
And what really sucks is that even conservatives were getting on board with the brutality angle for the case in MN. There was finally a perfect victim - they murdered a guy who had no police record and doing as he was told. Hell, he was a beloved cafeteria worker in a magnet school. He wasn't a "thug" like the others (NOT my opinion - I think they were all victims of horrific murder).
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Jul 2016, 9:29am

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Christ, what a thing to wake to this morning. As has often been said, it's remarkable that, considering their history in America, black people only want equality and not revenge. This kind of attack is awful, but, all things considered, not surprising. It's just going to invite more violence, but it's not like that was otherwise declining.
And what really sucks is that even conservatives were getting on board with the brutality angle for the case in MN. There was finally a perfect victim - they murdered a guy who had no police record and doing as he was told. Hell, he was a beloved cafeteria worker in a magnet school. He wasn't a "thug" like the others (NOT my opinion - I think they were all victims of horrific murder).
The silence of the NRA and other 2nd A strokers has been quite revealing. Kind of like how they never cite the Black Panthers as inspiration for the modern NRA, now they take a vow of silence on the killing of two black guys legally allowed to carry a gun. It's almost like the principle they claim to defend isn't quite the principle they're really concerned about.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15369
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by JennyB » 08 Jul 2016, 9:31am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Christ, what a thing to wake to this morning. As has often been said, it's remarkable that, considering their history in America, black people only want equality and not revenge. This kind of attack is awful, but, all things considered, not surprising. It's just going to invite more violence, but it's not like that was otherwise declining.
And what really sucks is that even conservatives were getting on board with the brutality angle for the case in MN. There was finally a perfect victim - they murdered a guy who had no police record and doing as he was told. Hell, he was a beloved cafeteria worker in a magnet school. He wasn't a "thug" like the others (NOT my opinion - I think they were all victims of horrific murder).
The silence of the NRA and other 2nd A strokers has been quite revealing. Kind of like how they never cite the Black Panthers as inspiration for the modern NRA, now they take a vow of silence on the killing of two black guys legally allowed to carry a gun. It's almost like the principle they claim to defend isn't quite the principle they're really concerned about.
Yep. The 2nd amendment does not apply to black people in this country.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14573
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Rat Patrol » 08 Jul 2016, 9:39am

I see both NBC News and CNN are running with the "DEADLIEST ATTACK ON LAW ENFORCEMENT SINCE 9/11" big screaming headline this morning.

9/11 was not an attack on law enforcement, you dipshits! Nobody drew up a plan to hijack the planes for the expressed and limited intent of baiting a bunch of NYPD cops into the buildings they were gonna hit, with every civilian victim just some sort of exponential collateral damage aside from Mission Accomplished. Fucking hell, the incidents have NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER.


Last night it was "police assassinations" on the live coverage. You know, because Kennedy died in Dallas that one time so apples = kumquats! Thesaurus...how does it fucking work??? :rolleyes:
Image

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15369
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by JennyB » 08 Jul 2016, 9:43am

Rat Patrol wrote:I see both NBC News and CNN are running with the "DEADLIEST ATTACK ON LAW ENFORCEMENT SINCE 9/11" big screaming headline this morning.

9/11 was not an attack on law enforcement, you dipshits! Nobody drew up a plan to hijack the planes for the expressed and limited intent of baiting a bunch of NYPD cops into the buildings they were gonna hit, with every civilian victim just some sort of exponential collateral damage aside from Mission Accomplished. Fucking hell, the incidents have NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER.


Last night it was "police assassinations" on the live coverage. You know, because Kennedy died in Dallas that one time so apples = kumquats! Thesaurus...how does it fucking work??? :rolleyes:
Deadliest shooting in Dallas since they shot JR!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Jul 2016, 9:54am

Rat Patrol wrote:Last night it was "police assassinations" on the live coverage. You know, because Kennedy died in Dallas that one time so apples = kumquats! Thesaurus...how does it fucking work??? :rolleyes:
The use of the word assassination is problematic because an assassination is political (which this was) and the target is specific. As in a particular person or persons, not just a general group. Targeting the police chief for political purposes would be an assassination; killing cops because they're cops isn't. Killing MLK was an assassination; killing black people for being out in public is just another day collecting a salary.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14573
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Rat Patrol » 08 Jul 2016, 9:55am

JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:I see both NBC News and CNN are running with the "DEADLIEST ATTACK ON LAW ENFORCEMENT SINCE 9/11" big screaming headline this morning.

9/11 was not an attack on law enforcement, you dipshits! Nobody drew up a plan to hijack the planes for the expressed and limited intent of baiting a bunch of NYPD cops into the buildings they were gonna hit, with every civilian victim just some sort of exponential collateral damage aside from Mission Accomplished. Fucking hell, the incidents have NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER.


Last night it was "police assassinations" on the live coverage. You know, because Kennedy died in Dallas that one time so apples = kumquats! Thesaurus...how does it fucking work??? :rolleyes:
Deadliest shooting in Dallas since they shot JR!
MORE COPS DIED OF COMPLETELY NATURAL CAUSES IN 2016 THAN ON 9/11 COMBINED.

OMG...more than 9/11!!!!! :whoa:
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Jul 2016, 10:00am

Rat Patrol wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:I see both NBC News and CNN are running with the "DEADLIEST ATTACK ON LAW ENFORCEMENT SINCE 9/11" big screaming headline this morning.

9/11 was not an attack on law enforcement, you dipshits! Nobody drew up a plan to hijack the planes for the expressed and limited intent of baiting a bunch of NYPD cops into the buildings they were gonna hit, with every civilian victim just some sort of exponential collateral damage aside from Mission Accomplished. Fucking hell, the incidents have NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER.


Last night it was "police assassinations" on the live coverage. You know, because Kennedy died in Dallas that one time so apples = kumquats! Thesaurus...how does it fucking work??? :rolleyes:
Deadliest shooting in Dallas since they shot JR!
MORE COPS DIED OF COMPLETELY NATURAL CAUSES IN 2016 THAN ON 9/11 COMBINED.

OMG...more than 9/11!!!!! :whoa:
Are you saying that Obama has killed more cops in just six months than bin Laden did?
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Spiff
User avatar
Mostly Nekkid
Posts: 3713
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:23am
Location: In the Spiff Bunker

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Spiff » 08 Jul 2016, 10:10am

Dr. Medulla wrote:Christ, what a thing to wake to this morning. As has often been said, it's remarkable that, considering their history in America, black people only want equality and not revenge. This kind of attack is awful, but, all things considered, not surprising. It's just going to invite more violence, but it's not like that was otherwise declining.
This.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71093
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Jul 2016, 6:53pm

Gary Johnson blames the war on drugs for shootings
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/g ... ing-225294

Johnson's only partially correct here, I think. The militarization of the police—the arming of cops like soldiers and the treatment of a particular group of citizens as enemies—has a direct link to the war on drugs (see Radley Balko's book on the subject). But the targeting of black people, especially black males, goes back to slavery, the slave codes, and the black codes that emerged after emancipation. Black people out in public, acting as autonomous beings, has always inspired anxiety in whites. They might rape or murder (because they're a lower former of humanity, you see) and need to be considered a threat. Blend the two elements and you get a permanent suspect population and representatives of the state prepared to execute them on the pretext of suspicion. De-militarizing the police would be a significant step in the right direction, but that would only address the lethality, not the culture of persecution.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5282
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by revbob » 08 Jul 2016, 9:26pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:Gary Johnson blames the war on drugs for shootings
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/g ... ing-225294

Johnson's only partially correct here, I think. The militarization of the police—the arming of cops like soldiers and the treatment of a particular group of citizens as enemies—has a direct link to the war on drugs (see Radley Balko's book on the subject). But the targeting of black people, especially black males, goes back to slavery, the slave codes, and the black codes that emerged after emancipation. Black people out in public, acting as autonomous beings, has always inspired anxiety in whites. They might rape or murder (because they're a lower former of humanity, you see) and need to be considered a threat. Blend the two elements and you get a permanent suspect population and representatives of the state prepared to execute them on the pretext of suspicion. De-militarizing the police would be a significant step in the right direction, but that would only address the lethality, not the culture of persecution.
Yeah the very way a police officer tends to dress (as well as how they are armed) these days can only reinforce in their own minds that some state of war must exist.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 6849
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by BostonBeaneater » 11 Jul 2016, 3:25pm

It's looking a little Nazi out there.

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests