Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.davisenterprise.com/local-ne ... niversity/

Police Misconduct: It Pays! X(
Awful person hates being called awful, gets compensated. What a country!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.davisenterprise.com/local-ne ... niversity/

Police Misconduct: It Pays! X(
Being an alum, my fb has lit up about this. Pretty awful. Maybe the general outrage will result in something good.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Why wouldn't you do what a police officer says? People may disagree or hate me for saying it, but in all my experiences, simply following what a cop says typically works out. I hate to hear people label cops as fascists or assholes. Some cops do love the power trip. But it's only "some" cops. The large majority care about people much more than the job and go to work every day wanting to help people
http://gawker.com/dad-calls-cops-on-son ... 1460159897
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Silent Majority wrote:
Why wouldn't you do what a police officer says? People may disagree or hate me for saying it, but in all my experiences, simply following what a cop says typically works out. I hate to hear people label cops as fascists or assholes. Some cops do love the power trip. But it's only "some" cops. The large majority care about people much more than the job and go to work every day wanting to help people
http://gawker.com/dad-calls-cops-on-son ... 1460159897
http://www.salon.com/2013/11/06/standin ... ghborhood/

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I'll say this: having to oversee a police department (not directly, but we approve the budget, hire the police chief, and manage guy who manages the police chief on a daily basis) for the last couple years hasn't particularly improved my opinion of cops at all.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:I'll say this: having to oversee a police department (not directly, but we approve the budget, hire the police chief, and manage guy who manages the police chief on a daily basis) for the last couple years hasn't particularly improved my opinion of cops at all.
How much is their donut budget?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the- ... -courtesy/

Not that any of this is a surprise, but it belies the defence of "just a few bad apples."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the- ... -courtesy/

Not that any of this is a surprise, but it belies the defence of "just a few bad apples."
Seriously. At what point do we start graphing this "anecdotal evidence" and just call them statistics?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the- ... -courtesy/

Seriously. At what point do we start graphing this "anecdotal evidence" and just call them statistics?
Around the same time that white males get profiled as being at higher risk for spree killing.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

One of the things that continue to give me hope is examples like these that show how incompetently arrogant institutions of power are. Come on, show us you love us and do the propaganda work for us. Oh crap, we don't have absolute control over this.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
One of the things that continue to give me hope is examples like these that show how incompetently arrogant institutions of power are. Come on, show us you love us and do the propaganda work for us. Oh crap, we don't have absolute control over this.
I'll say it again: in a question of stupid vs. evil, always put your money on it being stupid first.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'll say it again: in a question of stupid vs. evil, always put your money on it being stupid first.
Yup. And the thing that keeps them in power is that, for the most part, we can be just as stupid.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2014/ ... _idea.html

A perfect response to those who say, "If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear."