Police Misconduct: Tracked

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Police Misconduct: Tracked

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:My brother in law firmly is on board with this: http://pitchfork.com/news/65353-beyonce ... by-police/
Modern cops are total pussies. Complete fucking fraidy cats. We're scared of mean old songs! We're scared of and need to shoot kids! We can't go out without body armour because the world is so terrifying. Every cop you see is quaking in fear of the world.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Only in this country could we get a sequence of events like hell day yesterday, and have the end result be the nullification of hard-earned awareness of police brutality against the black community and a reinforcing shot of hagiography for the sanctity of The Badge.

Fuck this terrible planet and slingshot me into the sun. Image

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Christ, what a thing to wake to this morning. As has often been said, it's remarkable that, considering their history in America, black people only want equality and not revenge. This kind of attack is awful, but, all things considered, not surprising. It's just going to invite more violence, but it's not like that was otherwise declining.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Christ, what a thing to wake to this morning. As has often been said, it's remarkable that, considering their history in America, black people only want equality and not revenge. This kind of attack is awful, but, all things considered, not surprising. It's just going to invite more violence, but it's not like that was otherwise declining.
And what really sucks is that even conservatives were getting on board with the brutality angle for the case in MN. There was finally a perfect victim - they murdered a guy who had no police record and doing as he was told. Hell, he was a beloved cafeteria worker in a magnet school. He wasn't a "thug" like the others (NOT my opinion - I think they were all victims of horrific murder).
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Christ, what a thing to wake to this morning. As has often been said, it's remarkable that, considering their history in America, black people only want equality and not revenge. This kind of attack is awful, but, all things considered, not surprising. It's just going to invite more violence, but it's not like that was otherwise declining.
And what really sucks is that even conservatives were getting on board with the brutality angle for the case in MN. There was finally a perfect victim - they murdered a guy who had no police record and doing as he was told. Hell, he was a beloved cafeteria worker in a magnet school. He wasn't a "thug" like the others (NOT my opinion - I think they were all victims of horrific murder).
The silence of the NRA and other 2nd A strokers has been quite revealing. Kind of like how they never cite the Black Panthers as inspiration for the modern NRA, now they take a vow of silence on the killing of two black guys legally allowed to carry a gun. It's almost like the principle they claim to defend isn't quite the principle they're really concerned about.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
The silence of the NRA and other 2nd A strokers has been quite revealing. Kind of like how they never cite the Black Panthers as inspiration for the modern NRA, now they take a vow of silence on the killing of two black guys legally allowed to carry a gun. It's almost like the principle they claim to defend isn't quite the principle they're really concerned about.
Yep. The 2nd amendment does not apply to black people in this country.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

I see both NBC News and CNN are running with the "DEADLIEST ATTACK ON LAW ENFORCEMENT SINCE 9/11" big screaming headline this morning.

9/11 was not an attack on law enforcement, you dipshits! Nobody drew up a plan to hijack the planes for the expressed and limited intent of baiting a bunch of NYPD cops into the buildings they were gonna hit, with every civilian victim just some sort of exponential collateral damage aside from Mission Accomplished. Fucking hell, the incidents have NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER.

Last night it was "police assassinations" on the live coverage. You know, because Kennedy died in Dallas that one time so apples = kumquats! Thesaurus...how does it fucking work??? :rolleyes:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Rat Patrol wrote:I see both NBC News and CNN are running with the "DEADLIEST ATTACK ON LAW ENFORCEMENT SINCE 9/11" big screaming headline this morning.

9/11 was not an attack on law enforcement, you dipshits! Nobody drew up a plan to hijack the planes for the expressed and limited intent of baiting a bunch of NYPD cops into the buildings they were gonna hit, with every civilian victim just some sort of exponential collateral damage aside from Mission Accomplished. Fucking hell, the incidents have NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER.

Last night it was "police assassinations" on the live coverage. You know, because Kennedy died in Dallas that one time so apples = kumquats! Thesaurus...how does it fucking work??? :rolleyes:
Deadliest shooting in Dallas since they shot JR!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:Last night it was "police assassinations" on the live coverage. You know, because Kennedy died in Dallas that one time so apples = kumquats! Thesaurus...how does it fucking work??? :rolleyes:
The use of the word assassination is problematic because an assassination is political (which this was) and the target is specific. As in a particular person or persons, not just a general group. Targeting the police chief for political purposes would be an assassination; killing cops because they're cops isn't. Killing MLK was an assassination; killing black people for being out in public is just another day collecting a salary.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

JennyB wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:I see both NBC News and CNN are running with the "DEADLIEST ATTACK ON LAW ENFORCEMENT SINCE 9/11" big screaming headline this morning.

MORE COPS DIED OF COMPLETELY NATURAL CAUSES IN 2016 THAN ON 9/11 COMBINED.

OMG...more than 9/11!!!!! :whoa:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
JennyB wrote:

MORE COPS DIED OF COMPLETELY NATURAL CAUSES IN 2016 THAN ON 9/11 COMBINED.

OMG...more than 9/11!!!!! :whoa:
Are you saying that Obama has killed more cops in just six months than bin Laden did?

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

This.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Gary Johnson blames the war on drugs for shootings
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/g ... ing-225294

Johnson's only partially correct here, I think. The militarization of the police—the arming of cops like soldiers and the treatment of a particular group of citizens as enemies—has a direct link to the war on drugs (see Radley Balko's book on the subject). But the targeting of black people, especially black males, goes back to slavery, the slave codes, and the black codes that emerged after emancipation. Black people out in public, acting as autonomous beings, has always inspired anxiety in whites. They might rape or murder (because they're a lower former of humanity, you see) and need to be considered a threat. Blend the two elements and you get a permanent suspect population and representatives of the state prepared to execute them on the pretext of suspicion. De-militarizing the police would be a significant step in the right direction, but that would only address the lethality, not the culture of persecution.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Gary Johnson blames the war on drugs for shootings
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/g ... ing-225294

Johnson's only partially correct here, I think. The militarization of the police—the arming of cops like soldiers and the treatment of a particular group of citizens as enemies—has a direct link to the war on drugs (see Radley Balko's book on the subject). But the targeting of black people, especially black males, goes back to slavery, the slave codes, and the black codes that emerged after emancipation. Black people out in public, acting as autonomous beings, has always inspired anxiety in whites. They might rape or murder (because they're a lower former of humanity, you see) and need to be considered a threat. Blend the two elements and you get a permanent suspect population and representatives of the state prepared to execute them on the pretext of suspicion. De-militarizing the police would be a significant step in the right direction, but that would only address the lethality, not the culture of persecution.
Yeah the very way a police officer tends to dress (as well as how they are armed) these days can only reinforce in their own minds that some state of war must exist.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

It's looking a little Nazi out there.