Page 34 of 35

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 03 Nov 2017, 9:08am
by JennyB
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 4:30pm
JennyB wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 4:22pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 3:52pm
JennyB wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 3:39pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Nov 2017, 2:00pm


I know also as I witnessed it. Luckily I wasn't drunk enough to try and catch it. Plus I was far enough away for it not too reach me. It was a silly thing to do and I really liked them they were one of the best all girl groups since the Slits who really had the chance to get a strong feminst message across.
I was front row at a PIL concert and Lydon pulled a tampon out of his butt. People actually scrambled for it. I held out for the setlist.

I thought L7 were OK, but my favorite Riot Grrl group is Babes in Toyland. L7 were a bit too much on the metal side for me.
Yes I agree about being "too metal" but they had managed to hit the mainstream with "Pterend Your Dead" and that was a good platform to build on promoting more female groups. Babes in Toyland were fabulous.

As for Lydon :meh: Was it after the L7 thing and his idea of a joke or a re-butt-al.
I think it was a couple of years before - it was 1992, and wasn't the L7 thing in 94 or 95?
It was in '92 at the Reading Festival PiL played the same weekend that's why I think it was a dig at L7.
Interesting!

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 19 Dec 2017, 2:51pm
by Dr. Medulla
53540109907__26A24A2F-05D7-4222-8ADF-FDD7A00916D1.JPG
53540109907__26A24A2F-05D7-4222-8ADF-FDD7A00916D1.JPG (146.79 KiB) Viewed 203 times
The boss got this in the mail today on campus. So Nazis are trying to recruit aboriginal people? That's either a cynical ploy or further evidence of how goddamned dumb these racists are.

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 19 Dec 2017, 3:04pm
by Kory
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 2:51pm
The boss got this in the mail today on campus. So Nazis are trying to recruit aboriginal people? That's either a cynical ploy or further evidence of how goddamned dumb these racists are.
They're so dumb they forgot to be racist!

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 19 Dec 2017, 3:29pm
by JennyB
Kory wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 3:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 2:51pm
The boss got this in the mail today on campus. So Nazis are trying to recruit aboriginal people? That's either a cynical ploy or further evidence of how goddamned dumb these racists are.
They're so dumb they forgot to be racist!
They got their nice "Redman" slur in though.

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 19 Dec 2017, 3:33pm
by Kory
JennyB wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 3:29pm
Kory wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 3:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 2:51pm
The boss got this in the mail today on campus. So Nazis are trying to recruit aboriginal people? That's either a cynical ploy or further evidence of how goddamned dumb these racists are.
They're so dumb they forgot to be racist!
They got their nice "Redman" slur in though.
I prefer Method Man.

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 19 Dec 2017, 3:36pm
by JennyB
Kory wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 3:33pm
JennyB wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 3:29pm
Kory wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 3:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 2:51pm
The boss got this in the mail today on campus. So Nazis are trying to recruit aboriginal people? That's either a cynical ploy or further evidence of how goddamned dumb these racists are.
They're so dumb they forgot to be racist!
They got their nice "Redman" slur in though.
I prefer Method Man.
:mrgreen:

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 03 Jan 2018, 10:33pm
by BostonBeaneater

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 03 Jan 2018, 10:40pm
by Dr. Medulla
“People are individuals, not racial groups”

… unless they're African(-American) or Hispanic or Asian or Arabic or North American aboriginal or …

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 03 Jan 2018, 10:48pm
by BostonBeaneater
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 10:40pm
“People are individuals, not racial groups”

… unless they're African(-American) or Hispanic or Asian or Arabic or North American aboriginal or …
I saw a quote saying Carlson always looks like a dog trying to figure out a door knob.

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 03 Jan 2018, 10:57pm
by Dr. Medulla
BostonBeaneater wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 10:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 10:40pm
“People are individuals, not racial groups”

… unless they're African(-American) or Hispanic or Asian or Arabic or North American aboriginal or …
I saw a quote saying Carlson always looks like a dog trying to figure out a door knob.
:lol: Fox News is an assembly of people who are a dumb person's idea of intelligent. It's basically the job description.

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 06 Jan 2018, 1:15am
by BostonBeaneater

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 06 Jan 2018, 10:44am
by Dr. Medulla
Is it just me or do these "youtube stars" seem to all be inspired by Tom Green, yet somehow are even less funny than him?

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 06 Jan 2018, 1:13pm
by BostonBeaneater
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 10:44am
Is it just me or do these "youtube stars" seem to all be inspired by Tom Green, yet somehow are even less funny than him?
That’s a good comparison.

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 06 Jan 2018, 3:50pm
by Kory
BostonBeaneater wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 1:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 10:44am
Is it just me or do these "youtube stars" seem to all be inspired by Tom Green, yet somehow are even less funny than him?
That’s a good comparison.
Which is funny, because he's way too young to even know who that is. There must be some impulse in every generation.

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Posted: 07 Jan 2018, 1:37pm
by revbob
BostonBeaneater wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 1:15am
His hair alone is reason enough to hate him.