No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
He died protecting 'Murcans right to carry. Why, theys just honoring a 2nd Amendment hero like he would have wanted! :naughty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
He died protecting 'Murcans right to carry. Why, theys just honoring a 2nd Amendment hero like he would have wanted! :naughty:
Besides, it's Obummer's fault. If he weren't just be so openly black, just rubbing real Americans' nose in it, they wouldn't have to be so violent. Reagan didn't act all black and that kind of shit didn't happen.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

http://deadspin.com/cheerleaders-displa ... 1788354107

Can't wait for the next international competition against China and have signs promising another Rape of Nanking. X(

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Dr. Medulla wrote:http://deadspin.com/cheerleaders-displa ... 1788354107

Can't wait for the next international competition against China and have signs promising another Rape of Nanking. X(
Grotesque. Reminds me of when students from my high school made and effigy of a lynching and brought it to a football game at an all-black religious school.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Bonus Racism: The coach of our high school girls basketball team came into my Spanish class one day to shoot the shit with the teacher. That evening they were playing a team from an all-native school. He told the class, "Everyone lock your cars tonight they'll be drunk on fire water when they show up."

I hope some punishment comes to that Ohio school.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Bankrobber wrote:Bonus Racism: The coach of our high school girls basketball team came into my Spanish class one day to shoot the shit with the teacher. That evening they were playing a team from an all-native school. He told the class, "Everyone lock your cars tonight they'll be drunk on fire water when they show up."
Jesus Christ. I don't recall anything that blatant growing up. Even tho my home town had five reserves within 25 kms, when I was a kid few natives were living off-reserve and going to the public schools. Things have changed a lot since then—native migration into town, wealthier whites moving away—and I know that racism in general discourse has become more overt since.

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Bankrobber wrote:Bonus Racism: The coach of our high school girls basketball team came into my Spanish class one day to shoot the shit with the teacher. That evening they were playing a team from an all-native school. He told the class, "Everyone lock your cars tonight they'll be drunk on fire water when they show up."
Jesus Christ. I don't recall anything that blatant growing up. Even tho my home town had five reserves within 25 kms, when I was a kid few natives were living off-reserve and going to the public schools. Things have changed a lot since then—native migration into town, wealthier whites moving away—and I know that racism in general discourse has become more overt since.
It was rural Oklahoma in the late 90's. The school was 95% white. A kid was sent home for styling his hair into devil horns. Until some parents said something, the elementary had in-class afternoon bible study in the late 80's. My Social D shirt was offensive. Of course, kids were allowed to wear Confederate flag hats, shirts, and have CSA car tags.

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Back to the original topic. This is what happens when Natives are treated as relics or kitsch. "They are all dead or on reservations what's wrong with having a team called the Redskins? "

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Bankrobber wrote:Back to the original topic. This is what happens when Natives are treated as relics or kitsch. "They are all dead or on reservations what's wrong with having a team called the Redskins? "
Definitely. An ugly combination of dehumanization/objectification, past tense, and noble savage bullshit. It works because indigenous people aren't acknowledged as people.

cretin
shamerd my assgerfed.,

Post by cretin »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Bankrobber wrote:Back to the original topic. This is what happens when Natives are treated as relics or kitsch. "They are all dead or on reservations what's wrong with having a team called the Redskins? "
Definitely. An ugly combination of dehumanization/objectification, past tense, and noble savage bullshit. It works because indigenous people aren't acknowledged as people.
Hi from NoDak! :(

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Meanwhile...

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

On the plus side, a bunch of people who find Chief Wahoo to be just harmless fun are one game away from celebrating a World Series victory.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"