No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Racism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 4:50pm
Amazing! Ringo Is the greatest Beatle.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 5:26pm
101Walterton wrote:
I've said it before...but worth saying again. Does he need to flash the damned "peace" symbol every time he's photographed?
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 4:03pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
I've said it before...but worth saying again. Does he need to flash the damned "peace" symbol every time he's photographed?
25.25W has been at school in China. Every photo he took he is surrounded by teenagers girls all doing the peace sign!!!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 4:13pm
WestwayKid wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 4:03pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
25.25W has been at school in China. Every photo he took he is surrounded by teenagers girls all doing the peace sign!!!
Ringo-Starrs-Peace-Birthday.jpg
Ringo-Starrs-Peace-Birthday.jpg (177.84 KiB) Viewed 5274 times

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

BostonBeaneater

Eyebrows are deep state propaganda.

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
03 Oct 2018, 7:08pm
Eyebrows are deep state propaganda.

Looks like he's really up a tree for this one.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 11:50am
I see. :hmm: Reminiscent of a Warren Commission ballwashing special wherein Walter Cronkite explained that getting off three shots in however many seconds was exceedingly difficult, but this was no ordinary target: this was the president of the United States.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater

Watching the country implode is really getting to be a bummer.

It’s like Lou Reed had a bastard child razed by racists.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/12/cornersto ... s-to-kids/

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

https://www.theroot.com/a-white-student ... 1829841606

My high school is trending... :disshame:

I remember African-American students staging a walkout when I was in high school (1991-95) over a similar incident.

Sad that times haven't changed. I don't remember racism being overt when I was in school - maybe I was just oblivious.

Definitely a lot of white privilege in town - people who just seem to lack the understanding of the concept. They can't understand that it's more than just working hard - it's that we - as white people - are working with a system rigged in our favor and that leads them to have an inability to feel empathy for those who the system is rigged against. I saw this come out last spring when we had an issue about one of our little league teams being named after the Indians.

I can already hear the voices of indignation speaking out against this young woman and her family. I know this extends much further than the Village of Greendale in Milwaukee County - but it just seems like we keep failing this moral test as a society.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 11:16am

I remember African-American students staging a walkout when I was in high school (1991-95) over a similar incident.

Sad that times haven't changed. I don't remember racism being overt when I was in school - maybe I was just oblivious.

Definitely a lot of white privilege in town - people who just seem to lack the understanding of the concept. They can't understand that it's more than just working hard - it's that we - as white people - are working with a system rigged in our favor and that leads them to have an inability to feel empathy for those who the system is rigged against. I saw this come out last spring when we had an issue about one of our little league teams being named after the Indians.

I can already hear the voices of indignation speaking out against this young woman and her family. I know this extends much further than the Village of Greendale in Milwaukee County - but it just seems like we keep failing this moral test as a society.
I blame the black girl for not realising she was lucky to be in a white privilege town. And that working hard at school simply isn't enough and that she should've made a much bigger effort to fit in with whitey.

...but seriously the system sucks and then on top of that those that make the stupid rules go all out to abuse them even further. The white girl should've been suspended had all privileges removed and forced to go live in a ghetto for a month. This would've been the best bit of education the school could've supplied to her. Instead of setting a dumb precedent that calling someone by a racial slur is acceptable but standing up for yourself is not. Totally pathetic.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 12:45pm
WestwayKid wrote:

I blame the black girl for not realising she was lucky to be in a white privilege town. And that working hard at school simply isn't enough and that she should've made a much bigger effort to fit in with whitey.

...but seriously the system sucks and then on top of that those that make the stupid rules go all out to abuse them even further. The white girl should've been suspended had all privileges removed and forced to go live in a ghetto for a month. This would've been the best bit of education the school could've supplied to her. Instead of setting a dumb precedent that calling someone by a racial slur is acceptable but standing up for yourself is not. Totally pathetic.
Here is the email that was sent out to all families in the school district yesterday:

October 18, 2018

Dear Greendale Schools Families,

Greendale Schools is committed to the safety and well-being of all students. Our District takes every student, family and staff concern seriously and investigates all matters brought to our attention. Threats, hate speech and harassment have no place in our school community and are not tolerated.

Greendale High School was in the news yesterday regarding a student protest of the climate within our high school. While we cannot share details of the incident that was featured on the news last night due to Federal student privacy laws, we can tell you that we are working diligently with the students involved to resolve the matter. As is usually the case, there are two sides in every situation and we have been working to ensure we fully understand the facts from both sides.

Our students and their safety is always our first priority. If you have specific concerns, please reach out to your child’s principal or directly to me.
While we understand social media allows everyone to have a voice, we encourage you to speak directly to us rather than posting on our social media pages. We are thankful to the parents who have already done that. We appreciate having a direct conversation.

Continuously creating and maintaining a positive school climate is a responsibility of everyone in our schools, and together we will listen, learn, and improve that experience for all of our students.

Thank you for your continued support of Greendale Schools.

Sincerely,

Gary Kiltz, Ph.D.
Superintendent

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 1:02pm
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Here is the email that was sent out to all families in the school district yesterday:

October 18, 2018

Greendale Schools is committed to the safety and well-being of all students. Our District takes every student, family and staff concern seriously and investigates all matters brought to our attention. Threats, hate speech and harassment have no place in our school community and are not tolerated.

Greendale High School was in the news yesterday regarding a student protest of the climate within our high school. While we cannot share details of the incident that was featured on the news last night due to Federal student privacy laws, we can tell you that we are working diligently with the students involved to resolve the matter. As is usually the case, there are two sides in every situation and we have been working to ensure we fully understand the facts from both sides.

Our students and their safety is always our first priority. If you have specific concerns, please reach out to your child’s principal or directly to me.
While we understand social media allows everyone to have a voice, we encourage you to speak directly to us rather than posting on our social media pages. We are thankful to the parents who have already done that. We appreciate having a direct conversation.

Continuously creating and maintaining a positive school climate is a responsibility of everyone in our schools, and together we will listen, learn, and improve that experience for all of our students.

Sincerely,

Gary Kiltz, Ph.D.
Superintendent
That's the school covered then. So in order to fight you need two people so the nasty racial slur aside why were they both not suspended for fighting.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 1:09pm
WestwayKid wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 1:02pm
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

October 18, 2018

Sincerely,

Gary Kiltz, Ph.D.
Superintendent
That's the school covered then. So in order to fight you need two people so the nasty racial slur aside why were they both not suspended for fighting.
It really brings it home when it happens in your backyard. We’ve always jokingly referred to Greendale as a “bubble” because that’s what it feels like: a community insulated from the big city around us. That’s a good thing and a bad thing. These are people I’ve grown up with and people I’ve coach little league with and my neighbors and friends. It’s troubling how the viciousness of white privilege comes out like claws on a cat whenever they feel threatened and I just don’t understand what they’re fighting for. I don’t understand what they’re so afraid of losing. The reality is that whether we like it or not – the color of our skin has given us advantages that we did not earn. That’s the system. It doesn’t require feeling ashamed, but I think it does require an acknowledgment. I’m not even sure it requires an apology, but it does require an understanding that white privilege was built at a human cost. This is the way the world is, but instead of trying to defend a terrible “cause” at the expense of your humanity – just lend someone else a hand. Pass it along. Acknowledge that we as white people have had it relatively easy.