Drugs

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Drugs

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Writing today and came upon this story from my notes. In honour of Nancy Reagan, just say no to mary jane.

Wolfe Van Nord, “Marijuana Murder of the Teen-Age Sweetheart,” Confidential Detective (February 1958).
On 12 January 1956, Duane “Pat” Lattimer, 21, of Superior, Wisconsin, began a spree fuelled by alcohol and marijuana that ended in the death of his girlfriend, Mildred Pederson, 18, of South Range, Wisconsin. Lattimer had told people that he was a veteran of the Korean War, but had actually been discharged from the Air Force because of a drug addiction. After being discharged, he had spent time in Minneapolis, where he sold drugs and spent the profits on booze, women, and marijuana.

The murder of Pederson began with a party that began with beer, then led to whiskey, then marijuana, any of which, Van Nord asserted, could have activated Lattimer’s homicidal tendencies. He initially resisted smoking reefer until a friend called him a chicken. His courage challenged, he went to his car and came back with a couple guns. When others laughed, he assumed that they were laughing at him and threatened to kill that person. “Somebody set a match to the marijuana cigarette, and the discharged soldier of homicidal tendencies was rolling on the way to an addict’s world of fancied power and glory, which was to climax in the death of a trusting, simple-hearted girl.” After awhile, he angrily announced he was done with the party and left. Everyone there was glad to see him go.

Millie was sweet and sincere, and the woman-of-the-house after her mother died when she was a young girl. This had forced her to quit after grade eight, and this lack of education may have made her susceptible to Pat’s charms. When he rang her doorbell, she was oblivious to his “doped-up condition,” thinking the “marijuana-brightness” in his eyes was love. After resisting his advances and chiding him for drinking, she agreed to go out with because he wanted “some action.” At one point he pulled a gun from the glove compartment, rested it on his lap, and told her they were going to a popular make-out spot. They smoked marijuana at the spot. When she told him that he was acting crazy, he shot her twice in the chest, then twice more in the head. He left the body in the snow and drove off. Exhausted, he pulled over to the side of the road and slept.

At 4 am, he woke up and drove to the home of Wallace Robinson. When Robinson came to the door, Pat pulled a gun on him and walked in. He demanded money and mentioned killing a girl. He demanded Robinson’s car and the two drove off, with Robinson driving and Pat boasting of his war record. After sixty-five miles, they stopped for coffee and then for gas. At that time, Pat turned his guns over to Robinson and asked to be killed. Robinson instead told him to put the guns in the glove compartment, which Pat did. They drove some more until Pat dropped him off, saying he wanted to go by himself. Shortly thereafter, the police found him. Despite his claim to Robinson that he would not be taken alive, Pat broke down into hysterical sobs and surrendered. On 13 January 1956, he pled guilty and was sentenced to life in prison.

I usually Google people from these true crime stories and found the obit for this guy, from just a couple years ago. The name, age, and location is right. No mention about doing 20 years or so in jail, tho.
http://didericksenmemorial.blogspot.ca/ ... timer.html
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I usually Google people from these true crime stories and found the obit for this guy, from just a couple years ago. The name, age, and location is right. No mention about doing 20 years or so in jail, tho.
He's got that Evel Knievel crazy look about him.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He's got that Evel Knievel crazy look about him.
Probably still got that killer marijuana in his system. I hear that it's permanent.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Some of you may have heard that the DEA is planning to make some of the chemicals in kratom schedule 1 substances. Aside from me really enjoying the stuff recreationally, I'm supremely pissed that the DEA would rather allow an increase the amount of overdoses on other opioids than allow people to take a drug that is relatively harmless and is a great weaning/painkilling agent (by most accounts).

More info: https://www.statnews.com/2016/08/30/kra ... chedule-1/
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.universalhub.com/2016/crack- ... smoke-bong

Day 1 of procedural legality in Taxachusetts for Grandma's Glaucoma Medication! :cool:

BostonBeaneater

Apparently it's a good idea to mix shrooms into your smoothie:

http://www.wweek.com/culture/2017/04/18 ... trying-it/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

My principled support for legalization is constantly at odds with my personal irritation with pot enthusiasts. Fine, you like to smoke up, whatever. Making it seem like a lifestyle makes you look like a clown.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 12:16pm
My principled support for legalization is constantly at odds with my personal irritation with pot enthusiasts. Fine, you like to smoke up, whatever. Making it seem like a lifestyle makes you look like a clown.
I agree. My next door neighbor, who is a super nice guy ( I see him almost every day because our dogs play together), thinks that pot can cure cancer. He's an otherwise rational human being, but everything revolves around weed in his world.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

At least hard drinkers shut up and start trying to hide their vice far enough in.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 3:45pm
At least hard drinkers shut up and start trying to hide their vice far enough in.
*snicker* Even the craft beer nerds haven't achieved High Times-level irritation in their enthusiasm.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 3:56pm
Silent Majority wrote:
*snicker* Even the craft beer nerds haven't achieved High Times-level irritation in their enthusiasm.
OBJECTION!

I can't find a beer at most bars that isn't sickeningly hoppy. Screw hops and their breaded advocates.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 4:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 3:56pm
Silent Majority wrote:
OBJECTION!

I can't find a beer at most bars that isn't sickeningly hoppy. Screw hops and their breaded advocates.

Counter: Hoyish beer nerds don't make it a lifestyle thing. They just make having a beer a religious quest for nirvana and of moral condemnation.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Apr 2017, 4:22pm

Counter: Hoyish beer nerds don't make it a lifestyle thing. They just make having a beer a religious quest for nirvana and of moral condemnation.
Then why does every brewer have the same beard?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The organic source for carbonation, duh.

BostonBeaneater

I don't touch weed or beer anymore anyway. Not since I met RevBob that night...