Is it Earth Day Already?

Politics and other such topical creams.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen

Is it Earth Day Already?

Post by Wolter » 22 Apr 2010, 10:33am

"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Is it Earth Day Already?

Post by matedog » 22 Apr 2010, 10:52am

I took the train to work not realizing it was earth day. But then I forgot a bunch of tools and couldn't bike to the job site. Ah well.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

eumaas
Klezmer Shogun

Post by eumaas » 22 Apr 2010, 10:53am

matedog wrote:I took the train to work not realizing it was earth day. But then I forgot a bunch of tools and couldn't bike to the job site. Ah well.
Tools? job site? Are you one of those guys who shows up with a toolbelt despite not being one of the laborers?
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Wolter

Post by Wolter » 22 Apr 2010, 10:57am

eumaas wrote:
matedog wrote:I took the train to work not realizing it was earth day. But then I forgot a bunch of tools and couldn't bike to the job site. Ah well.
Tools? job site? Are you one of those guys who shows up with a toolbelt despite not being one of the laborers?
Was there ever any doubt?
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol » 22 Apr 2010, 11:29am

eumaas wrote:
Hoy wrote:That steel load-bearing column looks correctly-set, and has kind of a ginger color unpainted. I'm breaking out the torch and replacing it with its shorter, wronger Chinese equivalent. I will call it #M(Alloy).

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog » 22 Apr 2010, 12:11pm

Wolter wrote:
eumaas wrote:
Get R Done!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

eumaas
Klezmer Shogun

Post by eumaas » 22 Apr 2010, 12:18pm

matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:
eumaas wrote:
Get R Done!
:(
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

JennyB
Clash Cuck

Post by JennyB » 22 Apr 2010, 12:49pm

Cue self-righteous jaw-speaking: I drive a Prius, so I am greener than ALL OF YOU NERDS. :twitch: :shifty: :approve: :approve: :approve: :disshame:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Wolter

Post by Wolter » 22 Apr 2010, 12:50pm

JennyB wrote:Cue self-righteous jaw-speaking: I drive a Prius, so I am greener than ALL OF YOU NERDS. :twitch: :shifty: :approve: :approve: :approve: :disshame:
I don't drive. So I STILL have a smaller carbon footprint than you do, Wasteful Wasterberg.

JennyB
Clash Cuck

Post by JennyB » 22 Apr 2010, 12:51pm

Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:Cue self-righteous jaw-speaking: I drive a Prius, so I am greener than ALL OF YOU NERDS. :twitch: :shifty: :approve: :approve: :approve: :disshame:
I don't drive. So I STILL have a smaller carbon footprint than you do, Wasteful Wasterberg.
That's WasterSTEIN.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Don't talk shop.

Wolter

Post by Wolter » 22 Apr 2010, 12:51pm

JennyB wrote:
Wolter wrote:
That's WasterSTEIN.
YOU GET THE STEIN WHEN YOU EARN IT.

JennyB
Clash Cuck

Post by JennyB » 22 Apr 2010, 12:53pm

Which Stein is nerdier?

or

Got a Rake? Sure!

Don't talk shop.

Wolter

Post by Wolter » 22 Apr 2010, 12:56pm

The latter. All beer steins are awesome, even the fucking lame ones. Because beer comes out of them.

eumaas
Klezmer Shogun

Post by eumaas » 22 Apr 2010, 1:06pm

JennyB wrote:Image
Official stein of Wizard Bong.

JennyB
Clash Cuck

Post by JennyB » 22 Apr 2010, 1:07pm

Wolter wrote:The latter. All beer steins are awesome, even the fucking lame ones. Because beer comes out of them.
Yeah, but what if the beer was Coors?
Got a Rake? Sure!

Don't talk shop.