The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 02 Jul 2018, 4:43pm

Can't help but smile at the crude Orwellian conduct here. That they don't try harder with these shifts is indicative of what they think of their audience.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news- ... redibility
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15255
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Post by Rat Patrol » 03 Jul 2018, 11:21am

https://www.universalhub.com/2018/poor- ... ?nocache=1

Post-irony meets douchebag.

Bonus: first post in the comments section. :twitch:
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 03 Jul 2018, 11:26am

Rat Patrol wrote:
03 Jul 2018, 11:21am
https://www.universalhub.com/2018/poor- ... ?nocache=1

Post-irony meets douchebag.

Bonus: first post in the comments section. :twitch:
It really is something to see how needy, how status-driven these people are. The material comfort really isn't sufficient for them. If they aren't validated by their peers, they start blubbering like toddlers.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Aug 2018, 8:53am

Image
Everything about this screams porn.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 30 Oct 2018, 3:47pm



One of the Right's Deep Thinkers™ thinking deeply.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8715
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Post by BostonBeaneater » 30 Oct 2018, 3:50pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 8:53am
Image
Everything about this screams porn.
Who fucks who?
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 30 Oct 2018, 4:01pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 3:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 8:53am
Image
Everything about this screams porn.
Who fucks who?
Everyone in Congress fuck all Washington press people. It's even grosser than it sounds.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26138
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Post by Flex » 30 Oct 2018, 6:04pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 3:47pm
htwitter.com/nytdavidbrooks/status/1057320450487959552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1057320450487959552&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsplinternews.com%2Fajax%2Finset%2Fiframe%3Fid%3Dtwitter-1057320450487959552%26autosize%3D1

One of the Right's Deep Thinkers™ thinking deeply.
david brooks is like the jack handy of Third Way centrists.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 30 Oct 2018, 6:55pm

Flex wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 6:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 3:47pm
htwitter.com/nytdavidbrooks/status/1057320450487959552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1057320450487959552&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsplinternews.com%2Fajax%2Finset%2Fiframe%3Fid%3Dtwitter-1057320450487959552%26autosize%3D1

One of the Right's Deep Thinkers™ thinking deeply.
david brooks is like the jack handy of Third Way centrists.
The status of people like Brooks and Friedman make me wonder how the fuck do I fail upward like that. I'm good at blowing it—it should be the primary entry on my cv—but how do I monetize it like those two flashing vcr clocks?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15255
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Post by Rat Patrol » 05 Dec 2018, 1:44pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/05/opin ... wasps.html

Why stop there, NYT? Just start writing full-on monarchist editorials while you're at it. :rolleyes:
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8715
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Post by BostonBeaneater » 05 Dec 2018, 2:18pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 1:44pm
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/05/opin ... wasps.html

Why stop there, NYT? Just start writing full-on monarchist editorials while you're at it. :rolleyes:
It seems like just a few years ago we were missing the old racism!
Image

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15255
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Post by Rat Patrol » 06 Dec 2018, 12:03am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 2:18pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 1:44pm
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/05/opin ... wasps.html

Why stop there, NYT? Just start writing full-on monarchist editorials while you're at it. :rolleyes:
It seems like just a few years ago we were missing the old racism!
This is better.

Image
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The IMCT Media Criticism Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Dec 2018, 7:34am

Still, I'd rather conservatives be more open about their contempt for the hoi polloi and need to exercise power to control them than the phony populism they perform, that they're outsiders just like guys drinking a beer on their riding mower. Follow the douchehat and admit you're an elitist.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests