Oh, SC...

Politics and other such topical creams.
Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49329
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Wolter » 18 Jun 2015, 4:59pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:Um...holy shit, it-happened-in-SC-but-the-sickness-is-bred-everywhere. :(

The little prick looks like Gareth from The Office
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_u ... 00_300.jpg
http://i.iplsc.com/dylan-roof/0004EIREA ... 116-F4.jpg

Yeah...if nobody saw big, threat-level red trouble inevitably coming with one look at this. . .

Image

. . .then society has failed at paying basic fucking attention to its surroundings. And I say this as a native of the state that bred Adam Lanza and who has one parent and two cousins who are public school teachers now having to be re-certified every year with school-shooting lockdown training and reporting procedures (totally toothless) for forwarding up the chain the students they think are gonna snap.

It doesn't matter if it's mental illness or racist fuckstain...self-absorption, ideology over common sense, and senseless tribalism (see also: self-absorption) breeds this shit. Exactly like America breeds terrorists in other countries. Only I fucking hate that they're calling this an act of terrorism because that's just another self-absorbed 'Murcan Exceptionalism excuse to shove this off as somebody else's problem. God...everything I learned 15 years ago as a Sociology major about the basic functioning of the social net, difference between treating deviants as society's public health issue vs. retribution for good/evil, and relation of it all to the violent crime rate is so utterly, senselessly prescient every goddamn fucking time this happens every goddamn fucking other month and proves every basic Soc. theory anew. If there was ever a personal experience that taught me that knowledge is NOT power--and in some cases a lesson in the exact depressing opposite--it's my choice of academic major as a resident of this goddamn country.
The ones denying his racism really have to understand that it's not normal for a 21-year-old dude to have a jacket with patches of the flags of racist Rhodesia and Apartheid era South Africa.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14628
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Rat Patrol » 18 Jun 2015, 5:09pm

Wolter wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:Um...holy shit, it-happened-in-SC-but-the-sickness-is-bred-everywhere. :(

The little prick looks like Gareth from The Office
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_u ... 00_300.jpg
http://i.iplsc.com/dylan-roof/0004EIREA ... 116-F4.jpg

Yeah...if nobody saw big, threat-level red trouble inevitably coming with one look at this. . .

Image

. . .then society has failed at paying basic fucking attention to its surroundings. And I say this as a native of the state that bred Adam Lanza and who has one parent and two cousins who are public school teachers now having to be re-certified every year with school-shooting lockdown training and reporting procedures (totally toothless) for forwarding up the chain the students they think are gonna snap.

It doesn't matter if it's mental illness or racist fuckstain...self-absorption, ideology over common sense, and senseless tribalism (see also: self-absorption) breeds this shit. Exactly like America breeds terrorists in other countries. Only I fucking hate that they're calling this an act of terrorism because that's just another self-absorbed 'Murcan Exceptionalism excuse to shove this off as somebody else's problem. God...everything I learned 15 years ago as a Sociology major about the basic functioning of the social net, difference between treating deviants as society's public health issue vs. retribution for good/evil, and relation of it all to the violent crime rate is so utterly, senselessly prescient every goddamn fucking time this happens every goddamn fucking other month and proves every basic Soc. theory anew. If there was ever a personal experience that taught me that knowledge is NOT power--and in some cases a lesson in the exact depressing opposite--it's my choice of academic major as a resident of this goddamn country.
The ones denying his racism really have to understand that it's not normal for a 21-year-old dude to have a jacket with patches of the flags of racist Rhodesia and Apartheid era South Africa.
Yeah. That's not "fly the stars-n'-bars" racism, which is rooted in that same mutant 'Murcan Exsepshunism root cause. This screams guy spending way too much time in isolation on the Internet associating with some borderless underground subcultures engaged in very very bad things. Final Solution-type stuff, not a paranoid gun nut stuck in the 1920's. This unfortunately doesn't help when it comes 'Murcan Ecksepshalism's compulsion to wash hands of him by branding him a terrorist (i.e. Internet and faraway lands' problem infiltrating us from the outside with their evilz).
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49329
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Wolter » 18 Jun 2015, 5:32pm

One of the things that chills me the most about that picture with the flag patches is the double-shot of familiarity. His face, AND the cypress swamp he's standing in.

I talked about his face on twitter earlier: https://storify.com/Hitlerpuncher/new-s ... e326c0ef4d
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14628
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Rat Patrol » 18 Jun 2015, 5:50pm

...and temporarily back to our "Oh, SC..." regularly-scheduled programming. . .

Image

X(
Image

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15475
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by JennyB » 18 Jun 2015, 6:05pm

This is so horrifying. And the Foxbots are now claiming that it was not a racially motivated attack (ignoring the fact that witnesses, who were left alive for the sole purpose of telling people what happened, said that he explicitly stated that he was there to kill black people because they "rape our women and have taken over the country (a country they built for free, you fucking dolt)), but an attack on Christians. It's funny how they never said that when Dr. Tiller was murdered in his church.

I can't stop thinking about the 5-year-old girl who played dead to survive.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14628
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Rat Patrol » 18 Jun 2015, 6:10pm

JennyB wrote:This is so horrifying. And the Foxbots are now claiming that it was not a racially motivated attack (ignoring the fact that witnesses, who were left alive for the sole purpose of telling people what happened, said that he explicitly stated that he was there to kill black people because they "rape our women and have taken over the country (a country they built for free, you fucking dolt)), but an attack on Christians. It's funny how they never said that when Dr. Tiller was murdered in his church.

I can't stop thinking about the 5-year-old girl who played dead to survive.
Their own senior Senator / doomed preznidential candidate is parroting that line too:
Image

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 15475
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by JennyB » 18 Jun 2015, 6:12pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
JennyB wrote:This is so horrifying. And the Foxbots are now claiming that it was not a racially motivated attack (ignoring the fact that witnesses, who were left alive for the sole purpose of telling people what happened, said that he explicitly stated that he was there to kill black people because they "rape our women and have taken over the country (a country they built for free, you fucking dolt)), but an attack on Christians. It's funny how they never said that when Dr. Tiller was murdered in his church.

I can't stop thinking about the 5-year-old girl who played dead to survive.
Their own senior Senator / doomed preznidential candidate is parroting that line too:
Of course.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49329
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Wolter » 18 Jun 2015, 6:22pm

Oh man, they can fuck right off.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14628
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Rat Patrol » 19 Jun 2015, 5:28am

Image

This is the face of a guy who's loving every minute of it and had no intention of offing himself when he was done. :yuck:
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35683
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Marky Dread » 19 Jun 2015, 6:27am

JennyB wrote:This is so horrifying. And the Foxbots are now claiming that it was not a racially motivated attack (ignoring the fact that witnesses, who were left alive for the sole purpose of telling people what happened, said that he explicitly stated that he was there to kill black people because they "rape our women and have taken over the country (a country they built for free, you fucking dolt)), but an attack on Christians. It's funny how they never said that when Dr. Tiller was murdered in his church.

I can't stop thinking about the 5-year-old girl who played dead to survive.
Incredibly sad.
Image
Image

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14628
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Rat Patrol » 23 Jun 2015, 10:13am

Wait...so this whole time this was all about whether we should feel sad because there's a flag flying in front of several state capitol buildings?

And here I thought this had something to do with nonuple-murder hate crimes, generationally-entrenched racism, and giving white male rage nearly unlimited access to guns. Silly me! X(
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49329
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Wolter » 23 Jun 2015, 1:26pm

Rat Patrol wrote:Wait...so this whole time this was all about whether we should feel sad because there's a flag flying in front of several state capitol buildings?

And here I thought this had something to do with nonuple-murder hate crimes, generationally-entrenched racism, and giving white male rage nearly unlimited access to guns. Silly me! X(
As I keep saying: I have hated that flag being flown for at least 30 years of my life, but taking it down now is like putting a bandaid on a cancer patient.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14628
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Rat Patrol » 23 Jun 2015, 2:30pm

Wolter wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:Wait...so this whole time this was all about whether we should feel sad because there's a flag flying in front of several state capitol buildings?

And here I thought this had something to do with nonuple-murder hate crimes, generationally-entrenched racism, and giving white male rage nearly unlimited access to guns. Silly me! X(
As I keep saying: I have hated that flag being flown for at least 30 years of my life, but taking it down now is like putting a bandaid on a cancer patient.
I was thinking more excuse for the doctors to leave the hospital entirely and all the patients to die alone in cancerous pain so they could go argue in the parking lot about the choice of fabric on their scrubs.

When talking about the symbol becomes mutually exclusive to not talking about the crime that just happened or how it happened...it is arguing about laundry. And that's exactly the intent of it all. Argue about laundry instead of...the unpleasantness. Same as it ever was.
Image

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14628
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Rat Patrol » 09 Jul 2015, 8:55am

Well, thank God that 11th hour debate about removing 1 flag from 1 state government building completely derailed any and all discussion about cutting back other offensive symbols of bigotry, much less any discussion of the stupidly easy access we allow violent racists to firearms. For this lone "concession" where we really give up nothing of substance, we successfully defended our core beliefs by sweeping them out of harm's way AND get granted a victory lap by the national media!


X( ¹⁸⁶³
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71586
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 04 Oct 2015, 6:13pm

Image
Luckily plenty of Charlestonians have been building arks for just this scenario.

Hope your family back home is making out okay in this, Jon.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests