Oh, SC...

Politics and other such topical creams.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Oh, SC...

Post by Wolter »

Rat Patrol wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:Um...holy shit, it-happened-in-SC-but-the-sickness-is-bred-everywhere. :(

The little prick looks like Gareth from The Office
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_u ... 00_300.jpg
http://i.iplsc.com/dylan-roof/0004EIREA ... 116-F4.jpg

Yeah...if nobody saw big, threat-level red trouble inevitably coming with one look at this. . .

. . .then society has failed at paying basic fucking attention to its surroundings. And I say this as a native of the state that bred Adam Lanza and who has one parent and two cousins who are public school teachers now having to be re-certified every year with school-shooting lockdown training and reporting procedures (totally toothless) for forwarding up the chain the students they think are gonna snap.

It doesn't matter if it's mental illness or racist fuckstain...self-absorption, ideology over common sense, and senseless tribalism (see also: self-absorption) breeds this shit. Exactly like America breeds terrorists in other countries. Only I fucking hate that they're calling this an act of terrorism because that's just another self-absorbed 'Murcan Exceptionalism excuse to shove this off as somebody else's problem. God...everything I learned 15 years ago as a Sociology major about the basic functioning of the social net, difference between treating deviants as society's public health issue vs. retribution for good/evil, and relation of it all to the violent crime rate is so utterly, senselessly prescient every goddamn fucking time this happens every goddamn fucking other month and proves every basic Soc. theory anew. If there was ever a personal experience that taught me that knowledge is NOT power--and in some cases a lesson in the exact depressing opposite--it's my choice of academic major as a resident of this goddamn country.
The ones denying his racism really have to understand that it's not normal for a 21-year-old dude to have a jacket with patches of the flags of racist Rhodesia and Apartheid era South Africa.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Wolter wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:Um...holy shit, it-happened-in-SC-but-the-sickness-is-bred-everywhere. :(

The little prick looks like Gareth from The Office
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_u ... 00_300.jpg
http://i.iplsc.com/dylan-roof/0004EIREA ... 116-F4.jpg

Yeah...if nobody saw big, threat-level red trouble inevitably coming with one look at this. . .

. . .then society has failed at paying basic fucking attention to its surroundings. And I say this as a native of the state that bred Adam Lanza and who has one parent and two cousins who are public school teachers now having to be re-certified every year with school-shooting lockdown training and reporting procedures (totally toothless) for forwarding up the chain the students they think are gonna snap.

It doesn't matter if it's mental illness or racist fuckstain...self-absorption, ideology over common sense, and senseless tribalism (see also: self-absorption) breeds this shit. Exactly like America breeds terrorists in other countries. Only I fucking hate that they're calling this an act of terrorism because that's just another self-absorbed 'Murcan Exceptionalism excuse to shove this off as somebody else's problem. God...everything I learned 15 years ago as a Sociology major about the basic functioning of the social net, difference between treating deviants as society's public health issue vs. retribution for good/evil, and relation of it all to the violent crime rate is so utterly, senselessly prescient every goddamn fucking time this happens every goddamn fucking other month and proves every basic Soc. theory anew. If there was ever a personal experience that taught me that knowledge is NOT power--and in some cases a lesson in the exact depressing opposite--it's my choice of academic major as a resident of this goddamn country.
The ones denying his racism really have to understand that it's not normal for a 21-year-old dude to have a jacket with patches of the flags of racist Rhodesia and Apartheid era South Africa.
Yeah. That's not "fly the stars-n'-bars" racism, which is rooted in that same mutant 'Murcan Exsepshunism root cause. This screams guy spending way too much time in isolation on the Internet associating with some borderless underground subcultures engaged in very very bad things. Final Solution-type stuff, not a paranoid gun nut stuck in the 1920's. This unfortunately doesn't help when it comes 'Murcan Ecksepshalism's compulsion to wash hands of him by branding him a terrorist (i.e. Internet and faraway lands' problem infiltrating us from the outside with their evilz).

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

One of the things that chills me the most about that picture with the flag patches is the double-shot of familiarity. His face, AND the cypress swamp he's standing in.

I talked about his face on twitter earlier: https://storify.com/Hitlerpuncher/new-s ... e326c0ef4d
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

...and temporarily back to our "Oh, SC..." regularly-scheduled programming. . .

X(

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

This is so horrifying. And the Foxbots are now claiming that it was not a racially motivated attack (ignoring the fact that witnesses, who were left alive for the sole purpose of telling people what happened, said that he explicitly stated that he was there to kill black people because they "rape our women and have taken over the country (a country they built for free, you fucking dolt)), but an attack on Christians. It's funny how they never said that when Dr. Tiller was murdered in his church.

I can't stop thinking about the 5-year-old girl who played dead to survive.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

JennyB wrote:This is so horrifying. And the Foxbots are now claiming that it was not a racially motivated attack (ignoring the fact that witnesses, who were left alive for the sole purpose of telling people what happened, said that he explicitly stated that he was there to kill black people because they "rape our women and have taken over the country (a country they built for free, you fucking dolt)), but an attack on Christians. It's funny how they never said that when Dr. Tiller was murdered in his church.

Their own senior Senator / doomed preznidential candidate is parroting that line too:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Rat Patrol wrote:
JennyB wrote:This is so horrifying. And the Foxbots are now claiming that it was not a racially motivated attack (ignoring the fact that witnesses, who were left alive for the sole purpose of telling people what happened, said that he explicitly stated that he was there to kill black people because they "rape our women and have taken over the country (a country they built for free, you fucking dolt)), but an attack on Christians. It's funny how they never said that when Dr. Tiller was murdered in his church.

Their own senior Senator / doomed preznidential candidate is parroting that line too:
Of course.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Oh man, they can fuck right off.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

This is the face of a guy who's loving every minute of it and had no intention of offing himself when he was done. :yuck:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Incredibly sad.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Wait...so this whole time this was all about whether we should feel sad because there's a flag flying in front of several state capitol buildings?

And here I thought this had something to do with nonuple-murder hate crimes, generationally-entrenched racism, and giving white male rage nearly unlimited access to guns. Silly me! X(

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Rat Patrol wrote:Wait...so this whole time this was all about whether we should feel sad because there's a flag flying in front of several state capitol buildings?

And here I thought this had something to do with nonuple-murder hate crimes, generationally-entrenched racism, and giving white male rage nearly unlimited access to guns. Silly me! X(
As I keep saying: I have hated that flag being flown for at least 30 years of my life, but taking it down now is like putting a bandaid on a cancer patient.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Wolter wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:Wait...so this whole time this was all about whether we should feel sad because there's a flag flying in front of several state capitol buildings?

As I keep saying: I have hated that flag being flown for at least 30 years of my life, but taking it down now is like putting a bandaid on a cancer patient.
I was thinking more excuse for the doctors to leave the hospital entirely and all the patients to die alone in cancerous pain so they could go argue in the parking lot about the choice of fabric on their scrubs.

When talking about the symbol becomes mutually exclusive to not talking about the crime that just happened or how it happened...it is arguing about laundry. And that's exactly the intent of it all. Argue about laundry instead of...the unpleasantness. Same as it ever was.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Well, thank God that 11th hour debate about removing 1 flag from 1 state government building completely derailed any and all discussion about cutting back other offensive symbols of bigotry, much less any discussion of the stupidly easy access we allow violent racists to firearms. For this lone "concession" where we really give up nothing of substance, we successfully defended our core beliefs by sweeping them out of harm's way AND get granted a victory lap by the national media!

X( ¹⁸⁶³

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Luckily plenty of Charlestonians have been building arks for just this scenario.

Hope your family back home is making out okay in this, Jon.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft