Hey Hooks

Politics and other such topical creams.
eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22595
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Hey Hooks

Post by eumaas » 25 Jan 2010, 3:03am

Your man Howe got on Lew Rockwell:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig11/howe1.1.1.html
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71077
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey Hooks

Post by Dr. Medulla » 25 Jan 2010, 7:36am

On Obama:
he talks regularly about how he intends to put an end to everything dysfunctional about Boomer politics: the polarization, the culture wars, the scorched-earth rhetoric, the identity politics, all of that. I understand a lot of people do not believe he can actually do this, but it’s interesting that this is the rhetoric he chooses. That rhetoric is one reason why the vast majority of Millennials voted for him.
That caught my eye early on in the campaign as possible evidence of generational shift. Then again, that he's continuing so many of Bush's policies makes me wonder if it was only rhetoric.

Good to see that Howe is still beating the drum even tho Strauss is dead.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22595
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: Hey Hooks

Post by eumaas » 25 Feb 2010, 4:48pm

Man, those Lew Rockwell guys are eating this Stauss-Howe shit up. You sure you aren't a closet neo-confederate Austro-libertarian? Do you keep a copy of Hoppe's Democracy: The God That Failed under your mattress?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/quinn/quinn24.1.html
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71077
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey Hooks

Post by Dr. Medulla » 25 Feb 2010, 5:03pm

eumaas wrote:Man, those Lew Rockwell guys are eating this Stauss-Howe shit up. You sure you aren't a closet neo-confederate Austro-libertarian? Do you keep a copy of Hoppe's Democracy: The God That Failed under your mattress?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/quinn/quinn24.1.html
I'll read that piece tonight. I recall that their original book earned blurbs from both Al Gore and Newt Gingrich. Which means … something, perhaps.
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25002
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Hey Hooks

Post by Flex » 25 Feb 2010, 5:03pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
eumaas wrote:Man, those Lew Rockwell guys are eating this Stauss-Howe shit up. You sure you aren't a closet neo-confederate Austro-libertarian? Do you keep a copy of Hoppe's Democracy: The God That Failed under your mattress?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/quinn/quinn24.1.html
I'll read that piece tonight. I recall that their original book earned blurbs from both Al Gore and Newt Gingrich. Which means … something, perhaps.
Gross three-way?

Addendum: Fourgy, I suppose.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22595
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: Hey Hooks

Post by eumaas » 25 Feb 2010, 5:05pm

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
eumaas wrote:Man, those Lew Rockwell guys are eating this Stauss-Howe shit up. You sure you aren't a closet neo-confederate Austro-libertarian? Do you keep a copy of Hoppe's Democracy: The God That Failed under your mattress?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/quinn/quinn24.1.html
I'll read that piece tonight. I recall that their original book earned blurbs from both Al Gore and Newt Gingrich. Which means … something, perhaps.
Gross three-way?

Addendum: Fourgy, I suppose.
Man, imagine dirty talk in Al Gore's monotone.

"Yes, Newt, put it in Howe. Put it in him and do it hard."
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25002
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Hey Hooks

Post by Flex » 25 Feb 2010, 5:06pm

eumaas wrote:Man, imagine dirty talk in Al Gore's monotone.

"Yes, Newt, put it in Howe. Put it in him and do it hard."
I'm laughing hysterically right now.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22595
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: Hey Hooks

Post by eumaas » 16 Apr 2010, 3:42pm

Not really Strauss & Howe, but generational:
http://www.slate.com/id/2250706/
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49219
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Hey Hooks

Post by Wolter » 16 Apr 2010, 3:53pm

eumaas wrote:Not really Strauss & Howe, but generational:
http://www.slate.com/id/2250706/
Man, Millenials are so fucking lame.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22595
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: Hey Hooks

Post by eumaas » 16 Apr 2010, 3:54pm

Wolter wrote:
eumaas wrote:Not really Strauss & Howe, but generational:
http://www.slate.com/id/2250706/
Man, Millenials are so fucking lame.
While my attitudes differ from my generation, you can't prove that any of those kids are mine.
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25002
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Hey Hooks

Post by Flex » 16 Apr 2010, 4:04pm

Wolter wrote:
eumaas wrote:Not really Strauss & Howe, but generational:
http://www.slate.com/id/2250706/
Man, all generations are so fucking lame in their own horrible ways.
Made that sentiment a little more even-handed for ya.

Addendum: But Millenials do suck and being judgemental about promiscuity is laaaaaaaaaaaame.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49219
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Hey Hooks

Post by Wolter » 16 Apr 2010, 4:09pm

Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:
eumaas wrote:Not really Strauss & Howe, but generational:
http://www.slate.com/id/2250706/
Man, all generations are so fucking lame in their own horrible ways.
Made that sentiment a little more even-handed for ya.
Just like a lameassed Millennial to attempt to avoid the censure your kind deserves.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25002
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Hey Hooks

Post by Flex » 16 Apr 2010, 4:09pm

Wolter wrote:Just like a lameassed Millennial to attempt to avoid the censure your kind deserves.
See my addendum, idiot gen-x'er.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22595
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: Hey Hooks

Post by eumaas » 16 Apr 2010, 4:10pm

The point is, none of those children are mine.
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49219
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Hey Hooks

Post by Wolter » 16 Apr 2010, 4:10pm

Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:Just like a lameassed Millennial to attempt to avoid the censure your kind deserves.
See my addendum, idiot gen-x'er.
Be faster in your edits , conformist zealot. :shifty:
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests