Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Um...Really? Nobel Prize?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spiff wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:The Peace prize was devalued to junk-bond status after Arafat and Rabin split it, anyway.
Two words:

Woodrow Wilson
Two more: Henry Kissinger

A total outrage that Harry Truman wasn't recognized for successfully ending the war in the Pacific.
Two more words:

Atomic bomb
I can't remember who said it, but in response to hearing that the MX missile was being called the Peacekeeper, someone asked, "Are they armed with peaceheads?"
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:The Peace prize was devalued to junk-bond status after Arafat and Rabin split it, anyway.
Two words:

Woodrow Wilson

A total outrage that Harry Truman wasn't recognized for successfully ending the war in the Pacific.
Two more words:

Atomic bomb
I can't remember who said it, but in response to hearing that the MX missile was being called the Peacekeeper, someone asked, "Are they armed with peaceheads?"
There was an interesting article in Time recently about how having nuclear weapons actually increases peace. I can't agree fully, but it made some interesting points.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

eumaas wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Two words:

Woodrow Wilson
Amen. Worst president ever. Most of the shittiness of the 20th century has a connection to his bullshit somewhere.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote: Two words:

Woodrow Wilson

Two more words:

Atomic bomb
There was an interesting article in Time recently about how having nuclear weapons actually increases peace. I can't agree fully, but it made some interesting points.
I saw someone make a reference to, I presume, that article the other day—more widespread nukes means no one goes all in. All it takes is for one nutjob or one accident to set off a chain reaction of catastrophe. It's an argument predicated on 100% rational participants in full control of the technology.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Two words:

Woodrow Wilson

Two more words:

Atomic bomb
I think it was Molly Ivins.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Woodrow Wilson

Two more words:

Atomic bomb
Loved that broad.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Woodrow Wilson

Two more words:

Atomic bomb
Sounds like one of her lines. Until she died, you could never say that all Texans are assholes.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

shayachap wrote:A really nice idea. I appreciate it much !

Owais Raza Qadri
OMG! simplehumblechap has sold his load of rare Scottish bootlegs for reels of circa-2003 Cat Stevens studio outtakes!