Hey limeys

Politics and other such topical creams.
Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49250
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Wolter » 09 Sep 2009, 11:00am

eumaas wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Alright, nanny state!
X(
You see, without LAWS, awful things would happen.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22600
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: Hey limeys

Post by eumaas » 09 Sep 2009, 11:10am

Wolter wrote:
eumaas wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Alright, nanny state!
X(
You see, without LAWS, awful things would happen.
I read a pretty good piece by Sheldon Richman distinguishing between law and legislation:
http://fee.org/articles/tgif/sotomayor/

Laws are rules of conduct arrived at collaboratively just because they work. Don't kill, honor your agreements, don't steal--that sort of thing tends to crop up in every society. It takes different forms and has different exceptions depending on culture, but it's basically the same core. Superstition and ritual add onto it as another layer of customary law, much more culture-specific. Legislation on the other hand is thought up and designed by a small minority who imposes it on the majority.

This also is interesting:
http://osf1.gmu.edu/~ihs/w91issues.html
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49250
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Wolter » 09 Sep 2009, 11:14am

I'll check those links out later. Sounds interesting.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 22600
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: Carrboro/Alamut

Re: Hey limeys

Post by eumaas » 09 Sep 2009, 11:19am

Wolter wrote:I'll check those links out later. Sounds interesting.
Polycentric law is interesting too because law need not be territorial.

I think legal theory is one area where market anarchists have anti-market anarchists beat, no question. Anti-market anarchists are still better at mutual aid and not looking like assholes, though. *cough* Hoppe *cough*
"The only thing that really occurs to me that I can say on this is to point out how fascinating it is that the Hassan-i-Sabbah archetype keeps turning up over and over again ... He disappears up into the mountains and is never seen again. Believe me, he'll never be seen again. He'll live forever because of that."

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49250
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Wolter » 09 Sep 2009, 11:35am

eumaas wrote:
Wolter wrote:I'll check those links out later. Sounds interesting.
Polycentric law is interesting too because law need not be territorial.

I think legal theory is one area where market anarchists have anti-market anarchists beat, no question. Anti-market anarchists are still better at mutual aid and not looking like assholes, though. *cough* Hoppe *cough*
Integration, anyone?
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35481
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Sep 2009, 9:35pm

Reading this thread it appears the septics care more about the U.K. than the Limeys....well good news people you can have it....it's your's go on take .....please.
Image
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49250
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Wolter » 10 Sep 2009, 9:38pm

Marky Dread wrote:Reading this thread it appears the septics care more about the U.K. than the Limeys....well good news people you can have it....it's your's go on take .....please.
I'll take some of the better bands and comedies off your hands. And fish n' chips with malt vinegar. Anything else I'd just end gutting and selling for scrap.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 35481
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Sep 2009, 9:44pm

Wolter wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Reading this thread it appears the septics care more about the U.K. than the Limeys....well good news people you can have it....it's your's go on take .....please.
I'll take some of the better bands and comedies off your hands. And fish n' chips with malt vinegar. Anything else I'd just end gutting and selling for scrap.
Sounds very fair how much do you want?
Image
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49250
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Wolter » 10 Sep 2009, 10:01pm

Marky Dread wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Reading this thread it appears the septics care more about the U.K. than the Limeys....well good news people you can have it....it's your's go on take .....please.
I'll take some of the better bands and comedies off your hands. And fish n' chips with malt vinegar. Anything else I'd just end gutting and selling for scrap.
Sounds very fair how much do you want?
I'll have to get it appraised... :shifty:
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71196
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Sep 2009, 10:05pm

Wolter wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Reading this thread it appears the septics care more about the U.K. than the Limeys....well good news people you can have it....it's your's go on take .....please.
I'll take some of the better bands and comedies off your hands. And fish n' chips with malt vinegar. Anything else I'd just end gutting and selling for scrap.
Sounds very fair how much do you want?
I'll have to get it appraised... :shifty:
Can't be worth more than a guinea and a ha'penny, suh!
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49250
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Wolter » 10 Sep 2009, 10:11pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Reading this thread it appears the septics care more about the U.K. than the Limeys....well good news people you can have it....it's your's go on take .....please.
I'll take some of the better bands and comedies off your hands. And fish n' chips with malt vinegar. Anything else I'd just end gutting and selling for scrap.
Sounds very fair how much do you want?
I'll have to get it appraised... :shifty:
Can't be worth more than a guinea and a ha'penny, suh!
Tuppence and a used beermat. My final offer.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25039
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Flex » 10 Sep 2009, 10:14pm

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Wolter wrote: I'll take some of the better bands and comedies off your hands. And fish n' chips with malt vinegar. Anything else I'd just end gutting and selling for scrap.
Sounds very fair how much do you want?
I'll have to get it appraised... :shifty:
Can't be worth more than a guinea and a ha'penny, suh!
Tuppence and a used beermat. My final offer.
Don't be tricked Marky! Is the beermat still in one piece?
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 49250
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Wolter » 10 Sep 2009, 10:15pm

Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Marky Dread wrote: Sounds very fair how much do you want?
I'll have to get it appraised... :shifty:
Can't be worth more than a guinea and a ha'penny, suh!
Tuppence and a used beermat. My final offer.
Don't be tricked Marky! Is the beermat still in one piece?
I have most of it, yes.
"There's something more honest, he believed, about traditional methods of mass starvation, labour camps, and machine gunning millions to death. Stalin was a vinyl guy who sneered at Truman converting everything to compact disc." - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 71196
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Sep 2009, 10:15pm

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Wolter wrote: I'll take some of the better bands and comedies off your hands. And fish n' chips with malt vinegar. Anything else I'd just end gutting and selling for scrap.
Sounds very fair how much do you want?
I'll have to get it appraised... :shifty:
Can't be worth more than a guinea and a ha'penny, suh!
Tuppence and a used beermat. My final offer.
Cromwell's arse to you, you bloody wog!
Walrus birth doesn't make good breakfast conversation!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25039
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Flex » 10 Sep 2009, 10:17pm

Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote: I'll have to get it appraised... :shifty:
Can't be worth more than a guinea and a ha'penny, suh!
Tuppence and a used beermat. My final offer.
Don't be tricked Marky! Is the beermat still in one piece?
I have most of it, yes.
An almost whole beermat?! TAKE THE OFFER MARKY!!!!!! You know that the UK isn't worth more than half a soggy beermat and an empty peanut shell.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests