No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Low Down Low »

Women being ogled, leered at, motioned to, given the "once over", like a prize heifir. I mean, what's wrong with it? Should be flattered, the silly mares, right?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/in- ... of-staring

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 10:56am
Women being ogled, leered at, motioned to, given the "once over", like a prize heifir. I mean, what's wrong with it? Should be flattered, the silly mares, right?

It's fucking compliment that I'm staring at you, bitch, geez!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 11:05am
Low Down Low wrote:

Hello,

"I'm sorry, your Honor, I was staring at the plaintiff for an extended period of time. However, the plaintiff had a large bugger hanging out of her nose and as a result I would like to charge her with defacing public property as my view was disturbed to an unlawful amount by said bugger."

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Oh, and turns out, quelle surprise, that our noble victim of the woke SJW mob, got 22 weeks in the slammer for a little more than just staring at a female passenger. Just a tad more.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

gkbill wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 11:19am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Hello,

"I'm sorry, your Honor, I was staring at the plaintiff for an extended period of time. However, the plaintiff had a large bugger hanging out of her nose and as a result I would like to charge her with defacing public property as my view was disturbed to an unlawful amount by said bugger."
Don't give them ideas!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 11:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Oh, and turns out, quelle surprise, that our noble victim of the woke SJW mob, got 22 weeks in the slammer for a little more than just staring at a female passenger. Just a tad more.

Yeah, well, everything seems bad if you look at evidence.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 12:36pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Evidence schmevidence! I think it's not that these hacks don't realise that people can simply google their slimy asses, it's just that anybody who could be bothered to fact check almost certainly wasn't among the targeted audience anyway.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 5:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Evidence schmevidence! I think it's not that these hacks don't realise that people can simply google their slimy asses, it's just that anybody who could be bothered to fact check almost certainly wasn't among the targeted audience anyway.
For all the talk about how the internet and social media and all that have altered our behaviours and interactions—and it certainly has—what hasn't changed is people's belief that they can control their lies, that despite so much permanently existing online somewhere, the idea of mastering your own narrative in spite of truth persists.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 5:29pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

For all the talk about how the internet and social media and all that have altered our behaviours and interactions—and it certainly has—what hasn't changed is people's belief that they can control their lies, that despite so much permanently existing online somewhere, the idea of mastering your own narrative in spite of truth persists.
Between twitter and whatsapp, i think that mindset must be doomed surely. I remember when his enemies were trying to rake up some muck on Sanders, the best they could do was some miniscule financial thing decades ago that barely made a dent. There was just nothing there. But nowadays, all anyone has to do is get a couple of interns and sit them at a desk to scroll through twitter for a day and you can bet trumps bottom dollar, they'll have the goods delivered by the end of the day. Will be the start of their investigative journalism careers.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 5:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

Between twitter and whatsapp, i think that mindset must be doomed surely. I remember when his enemies were trying to rake up some muck on Sanders, the best they could do was some miniscule financial thing decades ago that barely made a dent. There was just nothing there. But nowadays, all anyone has to do is get a couple of interns and sit them at a desk to scroll through twitter for a day and you can bet trumps bottom dollar, they'll have the goods delivered by the end of the day. Will be the start of their investigative journalism careers.
I dunno. For all the whining about cancel culture, does anybody really get canceled? A brief kick at their status, but if Louis CK can win a Grammy, there are no real consequences unless you're convicted and sentenced to prison.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 6:02pm
Low Down Low wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 5:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I dunno. For all the whining about cancel culture, does anybody really get canceled? A brief kick at their status, but if Louis CK can win a Grammy, there are no real consequences unless you're convicted and sentenced to prison.
I don't know either tbh. This stuff kinda rots my brain even thinking about it. Seems to me cancel culture is really nothing new, just an extension of the PC wars we've been enduring for decades, the big difference being the advent of social media and the easy embrace of victimhood at the hands of the woke mobs with their lust for silencing dissenting voices and disdain of free speech. Just from observation, i note a few people here who have made the presumably lucrative leap from anonymity to minor media celebrity on the back of being cancelled by the mob.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 6:39pm
I don't know either tbh. This stuff kinda rots my brain even thinking about it. Seems to me cancel culture is really nothing new, just an extension of the PC wars we've been enduring for decades, the big difference being the advent of social media and the easy embrace of victimhood at the hands of the woke mobs with their lust for silencing dissenting voices and disdain of free speech. Just from observation, i note a few people here who have made the presumably lucrative leap from anonymity to minor media celebrity on the back of being cancelled by the mob.
Complaints about being cancelled stem from people who think there should be no possible negative consequences from their speech. Worse, the negatives consequences should not be driven by people historically silenced (women, people of colour, queer people). It's a whining that the special rules aren't quite as special as they once were and you can't walk thru life so oblivious to your own farts. Cancel culture was really cool back in the day when you could get someone fired for being gay or having a kid out of marriage. It was fine for screaming at and hassling non-whites or women for seeking higher education. If you can't handle the consequences of being an asshole in public, you're not quite the tough guy you think you are.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 7:19pm
Low Down Low wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 6:39pm
Complaints about being cancelled stem from people who think there should be no possible negative consequences from their speech. Worse, the negatives consequences should not be driven by people historically silenced (women, people of colour, queer people). It's a whining that the special rules aren't quite as special as they once were and you can't walk thru life so oblivious to your own farts. Cancel culture was really cool back in the day when you could get someone fired for being gay or having a kid out of marriage. It was fine for screaming at and hassling non-whites or women for seeking higher education. If you can't handle the consequences of being an asshole in public, you're not quite the tough guy you think you are.
Harking back to a mythical idyllic past and way of life that has been undermined and compromised by the growing disease of cancel culture - sounds like quite the far right ideology to me anyway. Meanwhile, in the uk in past few days, parliament has ratified bills that, among other bad things, clamps down on the right to protest, rips up the refugee convention, further curbs the rights of gypsies and other minorities and makes it harder for people to vote, meaning, of course, the poorest and most vulnerable in society. And as yet, no howls of dissent from those usually very vocal champions of free speech and opponents of cancel culture. Not even a peep. I'm sure they'll be manning the barricades pretty soon, though. Any minute now.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 4:18am
Meanwhile, in the uk in past few days, parliament has ratified bills that, among other bad things, clamps down on the right to protest, rips up the refugee convention, further curbs the rights of gypsies and other minorities and makes it harder for people to vote, meaning, of course, the poorest and most vulnerable in society. And as yet, no howls of dissent from those usually very vocal champions of free speech and opponents of cancel culture. Not even a peep. I'm sure they'll be manning the barricades pretty soon, though. Any minute now.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 6:32am
Low Down Low wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 4:18am
Meanwhile, in the uk in past few days, parliament has ratified bills that, among other bad things, clamps down on the right to protest, rips up the refugee convention, further curbs the rights of gypsies and other minorities and makes it harder for people to vote, meaning, of course, the poorest and most vulnerable in society. And as yet, no howls of dissent from those usually very vocal champions of free speech and opponents of cancel culture. Not even a peep. I'm sure they'll be manning the barricades pretty soon, though. Any minute now.
Didn't agree with him on everything, but what a great man Tony Benn was. Just a shame about his fucking horrible children.