No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Politics and other such topical creams.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: No, No, Don't Worry. Sexism is Pretty Much Over.

Post by Flex »

most fucked up job interview ever
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 9:52am
What did we all think was going to happen when they nominated a guy named Brett? I mean, even Billy Zabka and James Spader turned down Brett roles because they were just too over the top on the asshole scale.
What about Brett Favre...oh yeah...nevermind...
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Chris Wallace: "This was extremely emotional, extremely raw, and extremely credible...This is a disaster for the Republicans."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 1:07pm
Chris Wallace: "This was extremely emotional, extremely raw, and extremely credible...This is a disaster for the Republicans."
The lesson they'll learn, undoubtedly, is don't let women talk because they're seductive liars who can bring down honest men.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 1:13pm
WestwayKid wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 1:07pm
The lesson they'll learn, undoubtedly, is don't let women talk because they're seductive liars who can bring down honest men.
Pathetic that the GOP is letting Mitchell question Ford (and she's doing an AWFUL job). They can "slut shame" her all day long - but when it's crunch time - they just sit there and let someone else handle it. That said - hugely entertaining watching some of the GOP senators. They look defeated. Cruz is just sitting there glumly resting his chin on his hand - looking like he'd rather be ANYWHERE than where he is. Flake keeps rubbing his eyes like you do when you're just exhausted and done.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Ford is devastatingly effective. Just a gut-punch of honesty amidst a total farce. For the first time I actually think Kavanaugh may be toast now.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Rat Patrol wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 2:08pm
Ford is devastatingly effective. Just a gut-punch of honesty amidst a total farce. For the first time I actually think Kavanaugh may be toast now.
Her psychology expertise is so relevant too.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Rat Patrol wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 2:08pm
I'll believe it when I see. I can't really watch this either. Ford has eternal respect for standing right now.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I continue to be amazed at the open denial of trauma and its effects, compounded with social pressures. C'mon, you lying little bitch, why didn't you go to the police right away after being sexually assaulted? You can't recall every detail with perfect clarity? Yeah, just as we thought, you're just trying to destroy a man. It's just a goddamned clinic on why women have such a hard time coming forward. The open malice towards women is fucking revolting.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

So last night I was a guest at a Trade’s award ceremony for apprentices. The trades were traditionally male dominated building and panel beating.
The host was some old crusty geezer who thought he was hilarious and the audience was probably 90% male.
One of the PB awards went to a young girl. When the host did his speech bit he rambled on then said something like ‘and this goes to show that girls can do anything as well as boys if not better’. He looked up around the room waiting for an audience response but there wasn’t. He then awkwardly repeated it which was met with an awkward silence before the audience laughed at him.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

101Walterton wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 3:16pm
He then awkwardly repeated it which was met with an awkward silence before the audience laughed at him.
You sure they weren't laughing at him out of respect?
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

oliver wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 4:40pm
101Walterton wrote:
He then awkwardly repeated it which was met with an awkward silence before the audience laughed at him.
No definitely pity.
The best bit was that standing next to him on the stage was the boss of the company sponsoring not only the event but the whole apprenticeship programme (the person that invited me) and gues what, she is a girl!!!

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

101Walterton wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 7:57pm
oliver wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
No definitely pity.
The best bit was that standing next to him on the stage was the boss of the company sponsoring not only the event but the whole apprenticeship programme (the person that invited me) and gues what, she is a girl!!!
I guess I wasn't channeling my inner Nikki Haley strongly enough :)
https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/nikk ... -1.6511189
Nikki Haley to Fox News: World Leaders Laughed at Trump at the UN Out of 'Respect'
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

oliver wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 8:14pm
101Walterton wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 7:57pm
oliver wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
No definitely pity.
I guess I wasn't channeling my inner Nikki Haley strongly enough :)
https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/nikk ... -1.6511189
Nikki Haley to Fox News: World Leaders Laughed at Trump at the UN Out of 'Respect'
Sorry, with you now 👍

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 2:59pm
I continue to be amazed at the open denial of trauma and its effects, compounded with social pressures. C'mon, you lying little bitch, why didn't you go to the police right away after being sexually assaulted? You can't recall every detail with perfect clarity? Yeah, just as we thought, you're just trying to destroy a man. It's just a goddamned clinic on why women have such a hard time coming forward. The open malice towards women is fucking revolting.
I feel the same way and I often shudder thinking this is still the world my daughter is going to enter. That said - looking at her - seeing how smart and talented and incredible she is...it's one of my main motivations to volunteer in any away that I can during elections. I'm sick and tired of these horrible white men calling the shots and if I can help my daughter - and all of her friends and classmates - it's by helping to get these creeps voted out of office and also not keeping my mouth shut when I hear people - even friends - say stupid things.